shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this look like a nice stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flee12

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I''m looking for a stone of this shade, somewhat orangey brown. However, I don''t know what would look nice in person from the pictures and I will be buying it online. Any recommendations?

What about this one?

EA001730A.jpg

flee12

Rough_Rock
another pic of the same stone

EA001730C.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
You want something yellowy orangey brown then? I see some orange but more yellow in it. If you like more of the yellower color I could say citrine? Yellow Sapphire and I am sure there are about a dozen others out there. ''

Are you purchasing this from a dealer? Do you know them well? And most importantly, what is their return policy, should it not be ''exactly'' what you were looking for? AND what does the stone say to you?

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi,

Some of the very brilliant Mali Garnets occur in that color range (see image). Other choices off the top of my head include zircon, citrine quartz, topaz, andalusite, dravite tourmaline, diamond, some colors of hessonite (grossular) garnet and probably some others I''m too sleepy to think of at the moment.

Richard M.

1.54 Mali.jpg

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Looks very nice to me. I have seen topaz colored like this. A sort of honey orange.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2005 9:29:06 PM
Author:flee12

What about this one?
Nice cut and nice stone... I love it, really. Is it tourmaline? What size? A large slightly dichroic piece would look great !

Added waaaay late: Mali garnet
These garnets are supposed to be drab greenish-yellow and small, but there are lots and lots of fortunate exceptions to that undeserved reputation. These are 1.5 - 3 carats and the pictures are sincerely intended to represent the stones, as much as I know this seller.

malig181b.jpg
malig152b.jpg
malig319b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results