shape
carat
color
clarity

Does it matter?

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
We are finally getting around to purchasing a wedding band for my fiance. He wants something very simple - just a gold, 5mm band. Now, I would never consider going to a chain jewelry shop like Kay or Jarred for any purchase involving diamonds or gemstones. However, for something like a simple gold band, does it really matter where we get it from? It certainly easier/more convenient to get it from one of the mall jewelers, but I didn't know if there is a glaring, huge reason I shouldn't.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn't, mostly because their markup is going to be astronomical. I'd look at e-weddingbands. Their prices are quite low - about $100 more for my fi's 6 mm platinum band than the wholesale price from Stuller from a friend. (I know, everyone says they have a "friend" who is a jeweler, but he actually called Stuller in front of us and got the wholesale price, so I believe him.)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd only go to the maul stores to try on different mm and sizes for looks, comfort, and sizing. Then order what's similar from e-weddingbands.com

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1473450080|4074651 said:
I'd only go to the maul stores to try on different mm and sizes for looks, comfort, and sizing. Then order what's similar from e-weddingbands.com

Yup, totally agree. For something like this it shouldn't matter, but still (sadly) does since the markup is so insane in those b&m stores. But I agree with Pinto that going and trying stuff on is a great idea since it's so hard to get an exact sense of what thickness you prefer and the exact look you want.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it really cheaper and easier?
My friend got her husband's from ja and it was very cheap

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
I didn't know about e-weddingbands.com...just took a look, and it's perfect. Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results