shape
carat
color
clarity

does it happen to everyone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
The longer I wait for a ring, well my tastes changes.
I went from one ring to another (well more the cut of the stone, my tastes in settings are the same).
I''m DYING for a cushion now, and not a RB. Thing is I already sorta picked out a ring, even tho nothing was bought or set aside.

should I just TELL him, what if he bought it already?

AAARG!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
yea tell him! I think this happens a lot with PS - look at all the gorgeous rings we get to see everyday! I''ve gone back and forth from tons of different settings. SO knows what I like and I thought we''d narrowed it down to one we both love but I just showed him the first setting with side stones thats ever caught my eye. He just tells me not to worry - that I''ll love the ring. I think hes going to go with his gut instinct and as much as I want to KNOW so I''ll be somewhat confident of whats in that little box when he pulls it out, I think theres something exciting in not knowing exactly. I''m not sure if you and your SO decided to pick out the exact ring or not but show him the cushion in a way that its an option rather than "I hope you didnt buy me a ring yet because I want this". I think if he senses how excited you are about the new cushion style he''ll lean towards that. IF he did already buy the ring and proposes tomorrow, would you be disappointed if it were a 2carat round?

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I hate to tell you this, but it happens with the gowns too.
20.gif
I don''t know how many times I''ve changed my mind on what I want.
41.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
My center stone preference has stayed the same, but for the life of me, I can't settle on a setting. I mean, there is one I love love love, but if he doesn't get that one, then what? I also like solitaires and thin pave bands. Will he be offended if I change/upgrade the setting? I would be willing to pay for it... see, this is why women should pick their own rings, lol!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I think that happens to a lot of LIWs and is a result of spending a lot of time on this site here! Something similar happened to me along the way. I have pretty much always wanted a cushion, but what cushion I want has changed over the course of my being on Pricescope, seeing others' rings, learning about cushion cuts, and also of course going and trying different things on my hand to see what looks best. All the while, SO was already shopping for cushions.....
23.gif
And actually, just last night, he showed me a cushion modified brilliant that he was *about* to pull the trigger on a couple of weeks ago when I all of a sudden pulled out pics of modern cushion brilliants with larger facets that I preferred. He then passed on that modified and is now on the hunt again. So yeah, he's definitely had to take a slightly different course based on my changing preferences.
20.gif

ETA: Forgot about answering your question. I agree with SailorsSweet, you could "suggest" a cushion to him as another option.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I was all over the place from RB to emerald to cushion to pear to cushion again. Don''t get me started on the setting either!
3.gif

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think it''s Pricescope. Before I found this site, I too was very indecisive and I''ve spoken to other women who were in the same boat. It got to the point that I kept changing every couple days. It was so frustrating for my BF because I''d find something and then send to him, so then he''d print that one out and then I''d send another style. It got to the point where, somehow I found out that he was going to buy one that I saw at a mall store, because I commented that I liked it. Liking it and wearing it on my finger are two different things. That''s probably when I decided that I should just stop being wishy washy - he couldn''t handle it. That''s also probably when he decided, that we should just go pick out something for real and we went to a reputable jeweler. Since I''ve seen that one we found together, I haven''t wanted anything else.

I didn''t think I''d ever be able to just pick one and stick with it, but I have. Even though I see others that are just as beautiful if not more, I guess for me personally, knowing that he and I picked it out together as a team is more important and I love that aspect of the process for us.

I do think, naturally, one day you''ll just be satisfied. But if you''re not there yet and you think you''ll keep changing, then you should let your SO know, so he doesn''t think that''s the final word. :)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 10:46:27 AM
Author: Winks_Elf
20.gif
41.gif
OMG! I was just looking at my ''dream wedding library'' and noticed how much my taste in gowns has evolved. I even thought of making a thread about it to see if anyone has done the same.

As far as rings, yes...my tastes have changed (not by much though.) But, I try to avoid SMTR as much as possible so I don''t drive myself too mad. lol!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the ladies who say your changing tastes are from spending time in SMTR!! At the same time, it depends on your diamond knowledge pre-PS. For me, I didn''t really know what I wanted before I joined PS...I just knew I wasn''t interested in a princess cut. This site has really opened my eyes to old cuts and step cuts....THEY''RE STUNNING!!!
30.gif
I am sticking with an RB though -- I want major sparkle!

ckrickett...I would casually mention to your BF that you want a cushion now, especially if you know he hasn''t already made a purchase. Like many LIWs have mentioned doing, maybe put together a folder of cushions and the best places to look / inquire about cushions. Since they''re so much more difficult to acquire than a RB, definitely ease him into the search!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 9:28:35 AM
Author:ckrickett
The longer I wait for a ring, well my tastes changes.

I went from one ring to another (well more the cut of the stone, my tastes in settings are the same).

I''m DYING for a cushion now, and not a RB. Thing is I already sorta picked out a ring, even tho nothing was bought or set aside.

should I just TELL him, what if he bought it already?

AAARG!
Do they KEEP changing? Or do you think this is a one-time (or limited-time) evolution of tastes from being exposed to more options?

If your tastes KEEP changing, maybe you should stick with the classic go-to RB anyway... because you want a cushion now, but what about in 6 weeks, months, years?

If it''s a one- or limited-time evolution, then yes you should probably tell him. Chances are he''s still within a return period, anyway.

Fleur_de_Lis

Shiny_Rock
It definitely happens to me. I''m all over the place with what I like. One minute I want the HW cusion with micropave, another minute I love a simple RB or EC with baguettes or fancies on the side. And then there''s the times I like a three stone oval or a bezel set asscher. I don''t know. All I know is what I don''t like or want which doesn''t help my poor confused bf that much.
7.gif

Prinny

Rough_Rock
Yes!!! You should definitely tell your SO so he won''t buy the wrong ring. I have liked the same setting for quite some time but changed the stone tons. I think it''s PS that has changed my mind so much. Before I found PS I had my mind set on princess, until this summer. I have gone from princess to asscher to cushion to RB and finally oval.

PrincessLily2009

Rough_Rock
I always knew exactly what kind of engagement ring I wanted-until I found PS. I found the site maybe six months ago, and now, I have no idea what I want.

If I were you, I would mention it to him. I''m sure he''d feel terrible if he gave you a ring you didn''t absolutely love.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ARG I know, but it''s so hard to talk to him about it!
I mean I would be very happy with a RB (especially in a van craeynest setting
31.gif
), but I have always loved cushions, then I just said RB so he doesn''t have to think to much
40.gif
, but now.. my heart is going back to a cushion!
I just wish he would let me be apart of picking it out. BUT NO! siiigh. I mean I will love anything he will gve me (oh God I hope he doesn''t test those boundaries!)
32.gif
32.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 10:46:27 AM
Author: Winks_Elf
20.gif
41.gif
DON"T TELL ME THAT! rofl
23.gif

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
yeah, i pretty much want one of everything. how nice would it be if you could pick one in the morning to wear, like we do with our other accessories?
lol. i think in the end, i''ll be happy with what i have once i get something.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
The reality is, there are hundreds of stunning stones and choices of settings. So look look look to your heart''s content. If you still find your choices up in the air, I think you may be surprised at how perfect your bf choice is when he proposes
30.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock

It’s a woman’s prerogative!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
So he came home from work last night and we talked about it. All I asked was to be able to pick it out or to help pick it out. That I was in no rush (even tho i''m chomping at the bits), But that I wanted this to be right to fit our budget, yet still be exactly what I want (I''m incredibly picky at jewelry) He said yes. so woohoo lets hope he keeps his promise. This way if my tastes change he will be prepared!

LoveRoundBrillants

Shiny_Rock
lol...I always go to stores and loveeeeeeeeee
30.gif
30.gif
looking at different shapes, but I always come back to the round. All of them are beautiful and my mind tells me for a split second "what if i had that shape" but i always say naaa i stay with my gut. My FF really like cushion on me as well and he''s so cute when we first started looking at diamonds he coudnt tell the cusion between the round...lol. But honestly he said he wants final decision because hes paying for it
31.gif
, and i trust his instict.

It would be funny if i got a cushion and my name is LoveRoundBrillants...
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results