shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone use Emeril's cookware?

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I have been wanting a new set of pots and pans, so I've started researching. I just need everyday cookware and would like a more comprehensive set than I have now. I looked around at Bed Bath and Beyond today and they seemed nice.

I found a couple good options of Emerilware sets. The online reviews are generally good, with a few claiming the glass lids shatter and the bottoms fall out of the frying pans. (I can't imagine what I would ever cook that would cause that...?)

Has anyone here used his products?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have his stainless steel set with a few additional pieces in non-stick. I have been using them for about 4 months and for the price I have been quite happy. I decided to buy them since they are actually manufactured by all-clad. I really like the see through straining lids and that the pots have spouts to help with pouring. Good luck!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the All-Clad pots and pans and can't say enough good things about them. They are much more pricey than the Emeril cookware and that is always a consideration. I looked at the Emeril Cookware and know someone that has it that really likes it. She hasn't had it that long though so I don't know how it will be for the duration. I just decided this would be my last set of pots and pans so I was going to spend the $$ and get really good stuff. Never thought I could get this excited about pots and pans but the even cooking these provide are like none I have ever used. All-Clad has a good warranty as well so I am certain that I have bought my last set!

If you decide on the Emeril, please come back and tell us what you think!

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1321827627|3065737 said:
I have his stainless steel set with a few additional pieces in non-stick. I have been using them for about 4 months and for the price I have been quite happy. I decided to buy them since they are actually manufactured by all-clad. I really like the see through straining lids and that the pots have spouts to help with pouring. Good luck!

One of the features that make them stand out to me are those straining lids. Glad you like them! That makes me feel a lot better after reading the few bad reviews.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I have had the Emeril lidded pro-clad stainless sauté pan for about three years and it has held up really well. I am an avid home cook and I am tough on my cookware, and the Emeril has held up well, and is still sturdy and in good condition. I would love to have a whole set of Le Creuset and All-clad pots and pans... Someday...

I can't imagine what people would do to cause a lid to shatter or the bottom of the pan to drop out?!?! That sounds like operator error to me! Overheated the pan or set the lid on a hot burner, perhaps?

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
tuffyluvr|1321847237|3065934 said:
I have had the Emeril lidded pro-clad stainless sauté pan for about three years and it has held up really well. I am an avid home cook and I am tough on my cookware, and the Emeril has held up well, and is still sturdy and in good condition. I would love to have a whole set of Le Creuset and All-clad pots and pans... Someday...

I can't imagine what people would do to cause a lid to shatter or the bottom of the pan to drop out?!?! That sounds like operator error to me! Overheated the pan or set the lid on a hot burner, perhaps?
Ditto the whole first paragraph.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have his stainless steel with copper bottom (from BB&B). Bought for about $100 in 2004 and still using them.

One of my pots had a problem with the copper bottom starting to separate after several years of hard use, but I think the stove had a super hot spot. Also, adding salt when boiling water can cause problems with any pan (like if you do pasta often) -- wait until water is boiling and then add salt, don't add at the very start.

Never had a problem with any lids breaking. They still shine and cook as good as the day I bought them. If I had to buy another set, I'd definitely buy these again.

Warning about the straining lid -- Be really careful it is rotated around far enough it won't fall off. I was straining pasta the other night and shook a little too hard (angel hair likes to hold water 8) ). The lid fell off, I got boiling water splashed all over me, and dinner went in the sink.
(this was the first time that happened in over 7 years of using them though)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
We own both Emeril and All-Clad. The All-Clad we chose, and the Emeril was a service anniversary gift from my husband's company.

I prefer the All-Clad. It is slightly heavier and the shapes are pleasing to the eye. Emeril seems to me to be a slightly lighter version of the All-Clad. Only thing I don't like about it is cleaning food from around the rivets where the handle is attached. But, both Emeril and All-Clad handles are attached the same way.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Find a restaurant supply store nearby.
Almost any of them will sell to the public if you walk in.
Walk in and buy the heaviest stainless pans they have.
They will last generations and cost 1/3 of the branded sets.

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with Karl_K. We were gifted baking pans and sheets from a relative in the restaurant business and they are much better than anything i have ever purchased in a retail setting.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
tip: Stainless pans thickness is listed in gauge and gets thicker the smaller the number. a 20 gauge pan is thicker than a 24 gauge pan.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My go-to basic cookware set is Walmart's Tramontina Stainless Tri-Ply cookware. Been using it for a decade (?) and has held up (use Bar Keepers friend to keep it looking like new). Back when I bought it, Cooks Illustrated claimed it was equivalent to All-Clad for a fraction of the cost. I also gave an All-Clad soup pot which I love.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a HUGE Swiss Diamond fan :mrgreen2:

No rivets on the interiors! Non-stick that doesn’t flake or peel! Thick, heavy layered sheet metal! Actually dishwasher-safe! And doesn’t cost an arm and a leg :kiss2:

I am also a huge cast iron fan. It’s higher maintenance though.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am also a huge cast iron fan. It’s higher maintenance though.
Me 3, but my wifey4vr dont like them so they don't get used much.:(2:(2

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been using my Le Creuset enamelled cast iron pans for decades, and they still look like new - good exercise too hefting those bad boys around :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results