shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone use Cle de Peau foundation?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been through a few foundations looking for "the one"; I've tried Mac Studio (cakey for me), Smashbox high definition (my go to), MUF lastly... not liking the finish and wear. I thought I'd try Dior airflash and then CDP caught my eye. I watched a few youtube videos and it looks good.

Does anyone have experience with it? Review?

Thanks so much.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have anything on cdp. But I recently changed to makeup forever. It matches my skin so well I have to look hard to blend it in.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think I have the wrong shade of MUF. Something is off about it that is just slightly noticeable to me.., a slight greenish hue? Aside, I'm not loving it like I had hoped.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Green? How thick is it? Are you fair skin?

Venti25

Shiny_Rock
I use CDP - I like the finish and it doesn't tend to oxidise on my skin. However the colour range might be a little restrictive. I've used the radiant cream and radiant fluid foundations. The radiant cream in particular goes a long long way. I use about 1/3 a pea for my whole face. The fluid is more sheer and dewy, mild to medium coverage whilst the cream is mid coverage and more matte. If I can get my hands on a better colour match (I can only import where I am), i'll have my HG foundation and I've been through many. I might also suggest to you that you have a look at NARS sheer glow for a colour match - there's almost something for everyone.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. Yes, I am very fair! Having some melsma right now though-- hate that!!

I did think about trying NARS, as I have liked everything I have bought from them, but have never tried a foundation.

I'm too lazy right now to get up and check which MUF foundation I have and in what shade.

My MAC color is NW10 (neutral warm for cool pink undertones)

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always had trouble finding the right color. I put it on and it's fine. A few hours later I am as orange as trump. Oxidation like crazy. But green sounds more like you might need a neutral undertone base instead of pink undertones.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol, I am a skincare junkie as much as jewelry. I have hoards of crap that doesn't work but sunday Riley good genes brightens and helps my skintone. Along with the 17 other products I use! :lol:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, me too! I have ultra sensitive skin, can't use retin-a (though at 48 I have no wrinkles), but have adult acne/food allergies. So I bought the tria laser (wanted a step up from my new spa micro dermabrasion system) and I think that is where the melsama came from. So today I ordered a micro needler to try and hit the melsma along with some new skin care thing for lightening skin. (Something like riversol)

I have a metric ton of make up and skin care things. I can't use sal acid either, though, so I have paired my skin care routine down lately-- less is better for me. Paula's choice naturals cleaner is basically it for daily use. I do have serums and creams I use occasionally. I can't use most things daily.

If it ain't one thing it's another...

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! Love microneedling! !!! I haven't found anything that works better. I have had 5 pro skinpen treatments and the results are crazy good. I also use resveritol from skinceuticals. Lol another expensive habit besides bling!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. Yes, I am very fair! Having some melsma right now though-- hate that!!

I did think about trying NARS, as I have liked everything I have bought from them, but have never tried a foundation.

I'm too lazy right now to get up and check which MUF foundation I have and in what shade.

My MAC color is NW10 (neutral warm for cool pink undertones)

I'm your shade in MAC (I can make either NC or NW 10 work as the NC10 has more pink in it than than the other NC shades) and I can't find a MUFE to suit me either. The pinks are too pink, the yellows are too yellow and the palest shade is perfect but too pale. The formula is beautiful but the colour stands out weirdly on my face. I have the same issue with NARS. Montblanc is way too dark and pink; Siberia is good tone wise but is very yellow. I ended up doing the Lancôme custom blend. It's $$$ but the color is beautiful and the light coverage formula is more of a medium that blends in beautifully (the medium and full coverage formulations weren't as nice IMO).

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting to see another having a MUF color issue.

I just ordered the Dior airflash in ivory since it appears to have no titanuim dioxide in it (I think I may be allergic to it). Cle de Peau has TD in it.

I am supposed to go to the big city on Thursday, but with a possible TD in the Gulf, I decided to order online instead of hitting the big city stores.

Here's hoping I chose the right color.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my face is very red and irritated often too. I will try this. I have been using skinceuticals phyto corrective gel for redness. It has gotten a lot better and is mostly just red after cleansing now. But I am constantly searching and trying new stuff. The search for the holy grail or fountain of youth!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me know how the needling goes. I would love to be able to do it at home. My friend has been thinking of buying a pro skinpen but you have to find a doc who will prescribe numbing cream. Even then I might be scared to do it myself.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was $3.00 for shipping, but I was fine about paying it.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The needling at home takes longer because it's not professional, but I'm fine with that-- i just figure here and there helps.

I bought 2 needle sizes .25 and .5: http://www.dermstore.com/profile_ORA_503809.htm (first two)

ETA: oops, looks like both are .25 mm

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To the title Q: No ...

For a couple of years I have been stuck with Channel Lumière, deploying their white Ombre as a concealer. No reason to change - except a whif of boredom.

___
Disclaimer: I do next to nothing to my face - an entrenching moratorium. The path to peace involved argyle & hot towels. No idea if this could possibly work for anyone else - my 'Eureka !' came after the first trial, which was supposed to be - applied archeology. Feel free to laugh - & try.

Last edited:

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i've not tried CDP but I also fall into a similar super fair range... typically NW10-15. I can't wear MAC foundations as I find them too pink... but I DO wear their MSF natural in light as a foundation daily over concealer. Otherwise, CC cushion from Iope has worked well for me BUT has a lot less lasting power than the MSF. I need my make up to last 13 hours + so powders seem to work best, though for short periods (e.g. going out to lunch), the Iope looks beautiful!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched you tube make up videos until I fell asleep last night. This man uses the most amazing amount of foundations and powders on his face-- the result is incredible (he is a performer).

P

PierreBear

Never used Cle De Peau before but learned about it when I was at Neiman Marcus looking for Shiseido products. Just wanted to share that I enjoyed Shiseido products but stopped using it once they started to change their formula. I've been using Chanel foundation (ha! the only Chanel thing I think I can reasonably afford) and it goes on light and doesn't feel oily. Good luck finding the right fit for you!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might try Chanel if dior doesnt work.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did anyone watch that video I posted? :lol: seriously. Watch for 5 minutes. The amount of make up he puts on is extraordinary.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Did anyone watch that video I posted? :lol: seriously. Watch for 5 minutes. The amount of make up he puts on is extraordinary.

I did, last night! His face was beat! (good thing ;-) ) I lovvvvve watching makeup videos, especially MUAs who do performance or drag face, or people working with skin conditions. Sometimes I pick up a trick or two :geek:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, he beat his face and snatched it!

The next time my Gfs and I go for a girls weekend to my other house, we are going to do this video!!! See what we look like with out faces snatched!

"Snatched my damn face"
"Bitch, you can go swimming in this!"

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jane Iredale has too much titanuim dioxide For me. I have a proven metal allergy to titanuim, and while my dermatologist says titanium dioxide is inert, I suspect it could be causing my reactions.

So I am right now looking for products without titanuim dioxide in it, but thanks for the recommendation! I LOVE the idea of BB and CC creams, but they are too much for my skin.

I tried all natural/organics and they are too light. Christopher Drummond was good make up, and I may wind up back with him. He is a MUA whose line has no titanium dioxide in it and therefore no white face when you take pics. It has been a while since I have used it.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am loving this Riversol skin care sample! It is brightening my skin and fading the melsama and has not so far irritated my skin. If I'm still feeling this way by Monday, I will probably order it. I'm thankful they send out a 2 week sample for $3.00 shipping.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am loving this Riversol skin care sample! It is brightening my skin and fading the melsama and has not so far irritated my skin. If I'm still feeling this way by Monday, I will probably order it. I'm thankful they send out a 2 week sample for $3.00 shipping.

Did you get the anti aging or redness? Are you still liking it?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The reddness one. I'm only on day 3 of the 14 day sample. I do like it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results