shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone stack neckaces?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We stack rings and stack bracelets. Was wondering if any one stacks their neclaces.
Was playing with my phone and took a photo of my fancy intense yellow diamonds set in white gold with a new jade pendent from my late mothers estate.
Does this look really dumb? 20180127_185907.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do many people stack necklaces these days. I am looking for the perfect piece to wear with my solitaire necklace.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have but I don't have any photos

Q

Queenie60

I stack my solitaire pendant with a dbty necklace. Or, my cross pendant with my dbty necklace. Also, will stack a solitaire diamond necklace with my strand of pearls.

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
I stack a diamond cross on a gold chain with a small religious medallion on a finer, shorter chain almost daily. They rarely come off actually.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm creating one as we speak! My RG bean sure was getting lonely so I ordered a RG dbty from IDJ earlier this week and yesterday called my favorite Tiffany rep in IL to order a RG olive leaf pendant.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your layering - I think it’s called layering with necklaces - looks really nice. If you are interested in it, go to the Pearls sub forum, there you may find more ideas.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cflutist, I think it can look beautiful. Like @Queenie60 if I am in the mood to stack necklaces I generally stack one of my diamond pendants with my long DBTY. That is the combo I like best. I don't have a good photo but will share the washed out crappy one I was able to find right now just to give you an idea of what I mean.

dbtypendantincarwithhoopearrings.jpg

@PintoBean your new necklace is going to look gorgeous!

@Confection10 I LOVE those on you...beautiful!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I layer pearl necklaces.
But not anything with a chain, because I find that they twist up in my neck, which I hate.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yup. I layer my Tiffany DBTY and my Sydney Evans sapphire star. Also also layer my longer 24K beads and my gold Flica oval link necklaces.

And I layer my pearls also. Sometimes it looks like a pile on. :lol-2:

cheers--Sharon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks good! I don't really wear many pendants anymore since I've developed a crush on brooches but I have been known to layer a brooch or two, lol.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom stacks necklaces and they look great. She bought me some longer chains that go with everything to stack but I am too lazy. I just grab a necklace that goes with what I have on. She spends time coordinating her outfits down to the jewelry whereas I just grab the closest thing that matches.

But she's always taken care of how she looks (and admittedly she looks great) and shakes her head often at how I don't care.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks good! I don't really wear many pendants anymore since I've developed a crush on brooches but I have been known to layer a brooch or two, lol.

Very cool. Yet oh so elegant.:love:

cheers--Sharon

jadesilver

Shiny_Rock
Premium
We stack rings and stack bracelets. Was wondering if any one stacks their neclaces.
Was playing with my phone and took a photo of my fancy intense yellow diamonds set in white gold with a new jade pendent from my late mothers estate.
Does this look really dumb? 20180127_185907.jpg

I personally think that particular combination is a little clashy because of the vastly different two pieces. The chains are different and both pendants are medium sized and are very different. Even the gold color is different. On the other hand, I think your bracelets and rings that I’ve seen worn all together are flawlessly stacked together because they all match perfectly in some way.

I think stacking of rings because they are “smaller” (ha well...) and less noticeable are more forgivable for clashing rings than necklaces, cause necklaces are right in the center of our body and the first thing people see. I think more delicate necklaces are easier to get to look “harmonious” though when stacking, rather than two outstanding pieces worn together.

Just my thoughts, everyone has different preferences.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These...oh my!! Gorgeous, @Confection10 :love:

Oh my gosh, these pearls! Where do you find something as lovely as this??? I love all of your looks @Confection10, but this one in particular is just amazing. Could you tell me more about it? The pic didn’t post but it is the one Mrsb posted.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
E08C5278-D74E-4896-B123-DB7F35F85BDE.jpeg

This is about as wild and crazy as I get with layering necklaces. But I need to get myself some pearls—WOW!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That up there is my pawn shop tranny! I was so thrilled when I found it, I didn’t even negotiate with the guy. I plopped down my $300 and left with it (and promptly took it to a jeweler to set it in this rose gold bezel pendant). :kiss2: :geek2: :P2

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@KristinTech , Wow!!! I would have plopped the money down and run to car before they changed their mind. Your necklace is beautiful!!!!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, these pearls! Where do you find something as lovely as this??? I love all of your looks @Confection10, but this one in particular is just amazing. Could you tell me more about it? The pic didn’t post but it is the one Mrsb posted.

Thanks luv2sparkle! Here are my multicolours hand made by myself:lol:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-colour-palette-pearls.200441/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/multicolour-ripples.204256/

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
1E490ACC-C86F-4CC8-833E-5A6B5C6E9D7A.jpeg
@KristinTech , Wow!!! I would have plopped the money down and run to car before they changed their mind. Your necklace is beautiful!!!!

Thank you! It’s funny, PSers inspired me to venture into pawn shops. I immediately spotted the 1940-50s ring and those blocky rainbow flashes. I asked to see it (it was placed in the modern brilliant section). It was filthy. I asked the guy to clean it. And it was so beautiful! So I asked him why it was in the MRB section. He was clueless. But he told me to come back when the owner was there. But I knew I had found something and I was pretty giddy. His comment as I was walking out the door, “he’s not gonna negotiate, this ring’s been here a long time!” :) The owner confirmed what I thought, and also told me about a bench in town that does all their work. I had an unset Barry Bridgestock spessartite garnet. So I brought the ring in and the garnet and a link for the Stuller setting. And I made a buddy in that bench! I brought him a lot of other projects. About a year later I was in church and I thought the guy in the choir looked familiar—turns out it was my bench! I was used to seeing him with his welder/magnifying specs on! It was so funny. Anyway, enjoy the pic of my spess garnet in the vintage setting—literally glowing in the dark near the Christmas lights last month! It’s hubbys favorite ring that I wear. He will grab my hand and stare at it sometimes when we’re out to dinner. :kiss2:

Attachments

• 0869B958-D43C-4FA1-980F-13CDF0225DA5.jpeg
    0869B958-D43C-4FA1-980F-13CDF0225DA5.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 12

Diamond425

Shiny_Rock
I do always. Never wear less than two.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't. I usually wear one necklace as a statement piece and do not want to detract from the piece I am wearing with other necklaces. Whether it is light and delicate (like a single pendant) or a rope of beads (i.e. lapis, jade, coral, tiger eye, pearl, etc) I select the piece that compliments my outfit, mood and occasion. I don't stack rings and wear only my ER and wedding band on my left ring finger and a colored stone ring on my right fourth finger. So I guess I am a minimalist... less is more.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results