shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone on PS have a Neil Lane ring??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I am interested in his work but I couldn''t find any threads anywhere from a member about their Neil Lane ring-- only celebs. Those pictures are nice, but don''t show multiple shots, experiences in the process etc.

Also, can you provide them with your stone or do you have to have it sourced through them?

Anyone?

Thanks!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Maybe there are some celebs here.
27.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a celeb in my own mind....
31.gif

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Can anyone tell me about their experience, or point me towards a thread with a members pictures/process story?
I''d appreciate some help.

Thanks!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I have been in his retail store several times and have met neil and his staff. they are incredibly nice and down to earth. They let me try on everything- even stuff worth millions of dollars. They let me take my own pictures of the e-rings I liked- and gave me custom prints of the rings in a fancy neil lane folder. Yes- they will let you bring in your own diamond to set.

I think most PS''ers do NOT have neil lane rings because even if you source your own stone- you are PAYING for the neil lane name. He has vintage pieces and then designs his own stuff... but you could have the same thing made for much less $$$ by Leon Mege or other quality bench.

That being said... if money is no issue... i find the customer experience at neil lane''s is superior to every other retail jewelry store in the area due to the family-like unpretentious atmosphere (comparing Martin katz, Harry W, cartier, tiffany''s... all the usual places in Beverly hills)

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks Green With Envy,

Does anyone else have insight on Neil Lane?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 3:23:32 PM
Author: LamborghiniGirl

Does anyone else have insight on Neil Lane?

If money were no object..I''d love to own something from there...

geoffreysnow

Shiny_Rock
I emailed Neil Lane for a quote for the engagement ring setting because I really liked one of his designs. The price wasn''t all that horrible when put into perspective that you''re paying for the name. But for the same quality, if not better, I ended up going with Leon Mege at less than half the cost.

His quote was ~8500, which was 4700 more than LM. But considering the premium for a Tiffany or HW ring, 4700 didn''t seem like that much at the overall cost of the ring''s worth, especially to have the same designer that celebrities wear. Getting the diamond at PS prices really helps lower the total cost spent on a ring in the price range I had budgeted.

If money was no object I''d probably have gone with Neil but I just couldn''t justify it, especially when there are no paparazzi following me
21.gif

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
giraffecushion,

thanks for telling me about your experience.

overall, were they friendly or did they act like they had better things to do?
and also, what was the setting design you liked from Neil Lane? Did it have lots of pave or was it more simple?

geoffreysnow

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 8:22:03 PM
Author: LamborghiniGirl
giraffecushion,

thanks for telling me about your experience.

overall, were they friendly or did they act like they had better things to do?

and also, what was the setting design you liked from Neil Lane? Did it have lots of pave or was it more simple?

It was just a quick email to their "info" email listed on their site. I included a few pictures of the setting I liked and their reply was the next day and it was nice but I did not pursue the quote any further.

I'm sure if I did go with him the representative that contacted me would have been a pleasure to work with.

The setting has pave throughout but no halo and has an antique look about it.

If you're really serious about spending that kind of money perhaps a flight to California is warranted? You can probably stop by and see Ari at Singlestone too as he was very nice to deal with also!

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the information giraffecushion!

I am happy to hear they are friendly. When it is time I will definitely be making a trip to California to see Neil Lane as well as 23rd street jewelers, and also Singlestone!

-LG

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I have a project going with 23rd Street Jewelers right now and Diane Allen is an angel!

Lori

pelican

Rough_Rock
When my husband and I got engaged and were doing research on rings, we stopped by Neil Lane when he was located in the Antiquarius antique/estate jewelry center on Beverly Blvd. I was very surprised to see Neil himself working right at the front of the counter, interacting with customers. Most of the rings were way out of our budget, but the staff patiently allowed me to try on pretty much any ring I wanted, judgement-free. It was a great way to see what a 3ct Asscher or Cushion would look like on my hand
27.gif
I did ask them what a custom setting would cost if I brought them the center stone - I believe it was somewhere in the $5K-7K range (this was 3 years ago.) I''ve never been to his new swanky location on La Cienega, but I would guess it is also has the same down-to-earth staff.

(A side note - Antiquarius is currently closed since there was a fire there last year- but should open up again soon. A great place to ogle antique pieces!)

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Pelican, thank you for your insight; hearing multiple opinions that were positive experiences makes me feel better. I hate it when sales assistants are judgemental, it always makes me a bit sad when I was *trying* to buy something! I am happy that is not the case at Neil Lane.

loriken214-- What is your project with 23rd street jewelers? Are they like leon mege, and want to have artistic freedom? Because that really wouldn''t suit me- I would like to be very involved!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results