shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone know why October is so expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I read that the 2 most expensive times to get married are Saturdays in June and Saturdays in October. Can someone tell me why October is so expensive
33.gif

I''m really bummed. My b/f and I LOVE early fall, so I thought that might be a perfect month to consider getting married in. But if it is over-priced, I''m not sure I would want to spend the extra cash.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does it have anything to do with where you live? Is the weather nicer then? In No. Cal bay area there are certain months it rains all the time...and October can sometimes fall into that danger zone here.

Edit: But the falling leaves sure are pretty, huh?!!!!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2005 10
6.gif
5:20 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Does it have anything to do with where you live? Is the weather nicer then? In No. Cal bay area there are certain months it rains all the time...and October can sometimes fall into that danger zone here.

Edit: But the falling leaves sure are pretty, huh?!!!!
I don''t think it''s regional. The magazine was a national one (maybe Woman''s World? I can''t remember exactly because I was browsing my mom''s magazine.), so I think it was generalizing that if you got married in the US in October, it could be as expensive as a June wedding.

That''s true about the leaves. I''m east coast, and the foliage can be spectacular!

Layne

Shiny_Rock
It is because those are the two most popular months to get married. It does vary by region- where are you located?

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
The Chicago Tribune just had a wedding special today and it said that October is the new June...super popular with weddings lately. I know where I work the rates for reception rental's don't drop until after October, so it costs the same as a summer wedding. Nice, temperate and something a little different from the spring & summer weddings that are the most common. I'm using Chicago as the example because that's wehre I'm from...but some girls may not want to risk a July wedding because it can get disgustingly humid and in October you don't have to worry about that or any other problems associated with the extreme heat.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Ughh, it must be because of the humidity. I live in MD, and it is definitely digustingly humid in the summer. That was one of the main reasons I like October so much. That, and both of us have much worse allergy symptoms in the Spring and Summer. Looks like a lot of other people feel the same way.

I''m still bummed that it would still be as expensive as June
7.gif

rockupied

Rough_Rock
Hey there BG- I don't know where in MD you are but if you want something a little different check out this place (the website doesn't do it justice). The scenery was just beautiful, the history is really cool, and the owners were just super nice and helpful. I don't know what their pricing is nowadays, but once upon a time it was REALLY reasonable!

cool wedding / reception site

bling

Shiny_Rock
we got married in october, and to also agree with what others have been saying, between my friends and my coworkers, i knew someone that was married every weekend in this past october. but, we went to hawaii to get married, and it was actually a bit cheaper because october is the off season time..so hotels and flights were less. less people too.. so it was perfect. and as for unexpected weather..well, thats someething you deal with in hawaii no matter what time you go.. but it was awsome..weather was perfect! maybe i can post a pic.. we loved it..
30.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2005 10:21:15 AM
Author: rockupied
Hey there BG- I don''t know where in MD you are but if you want something a little different check out this place (the website doesn''t do it justice). The scenery was just beautiful, the history is really cool, and the owners were just super nice and helpful. I don''t know what their pricing is nowadays, but once upon a time is was REALLY reasonable!

cool wedding / reception site
Thanks for the suggestion! It''s probably over an hour away, but I''ll definitely keep it in mind. I love the idea of a horse drawn carriage
1.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2005 11:27:58 AM
Author: bling
we got married in october, and to also agree with what others have been saying, between my friends and my coworkers, i knew someone that was married every weekend in this past october. but, we went to hawaii to get married, and it was actually a bit cheaper because october is the off season time..so hotels and flights were less. less people too.. so it was perfect. and as for unexpected weather..well, thats someething you deal with in hawaii no matter what time you go.. but it was awsome..weather was perfect! maybe i can post a pic.. we loved it..
30.gif
My aunt was married in Hawaii in October! This past October was their 15th anniversary, and they threw a big luau party. It was kind of like a wedding reception for them because they did not have one when they got married. We watched the wedding video again. It looks so beautiful and very romantic!

rockupied

Rough_Rock

The really good thing about it (it was a pretty good distance for me, too) was that we had the place for the entire day. Yes we had to drive a little farther but the guests really enjoyed that they only had to drive once and not to two separate locations. They can accommodate an indoor or outdoor wedding.

And, I can not BEGIN to tell you how absolutely gorgeous the horse drawn carriage was. That was not included with the site rental but everything was very reasonably priced. I think I have some pictures of it. Brought a tear to my eye when it pulled up. The carriage was immaculate and the driver was so professional.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2005 11:27:58 AM
Author: bling
30.gif
bling. We got married in Hawaii as well.. in July (it was HOT).. What a great experience ! Isn''t it? We got married at Waimea Falls on the North Shore!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I liked the potential idea of October, if I got engaged soon enough to plan it, but now the month is full of wedding for other people that I know indirectly, so all of my good friends would be attending other peoples weddings. So no October for me...but weather wise it would be great!!!

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
My date is in October too. I didn''t realize it was so popular until I set the date. I really wanted to get married in March, but the proposal date, moving, etc. didn''t allow that. There is another gal in my office getting married on the same day as me, and a couple of other people have told me that they know of weddings happening in October as well . . .

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
I''m in the NY area and October is definitely a BIG month for weddings here. The dry cool weather and the turning leaves are very appealing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results