shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone know about use tax for purchases online?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
i just bought a pre-loved band on eBay...After I completed the purchase there was a notation that I may have to pay Pennsylvania use tax. I’ve never seen that before. Does anyone know if I need to pay a tax? The seller is in Colorado and I’m in Pa. if so, how do you do it? Thanks!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
By law, you need to do it. There will be a line on your Pennsylvania State tax form that you fill in for out of state purchases.

In Idaho, fewer than 2% actually do it. I am one of them and the State Tax Commissioner told me I was one of the few when I paid the tax.

Soon the States will force the Internet vendors to collect the taxes for them, since the voluntary payers are so few.

Wink

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Wink! I had never seen it before yesterday when I bought the ring on eBay.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are welcome. Rereading your original post, I am wondering if you didn't think that maybe the tax had to be sent to Colorado. The money properly goes to the State that you live in, and that is why the Tax is technically called a Sales and Use tax.

The "tax free" Internet is costing the States billions of dollars that they desperately need for infrastructure. The Supremes recently ruled in favor of the States, and you can be sure they will quickly be trying to collect those taxes through the sellers, as it is too hard to police the residents who do not do it.

Wink

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are welcome. Rereading your original post, I am wondering if you didn't think that maybe the tax had to be sent to Colorado. The money properly goes to the State that you live in, and that is why the Tax is technically called a Sales and Use tax.

The "tax free" Internet is costing the States billions of dollars that they desperately need for infrastructure. The Supremes recently ruled in favor of the States, and you can be sure they will quickly be trying to collect those taxes through the sellers, as it is too hard to police the residents who do not do it.

Wink
Yes..I understood it would be a Pennsylvania tax..not Colorado..I had never heard of this before. Thanks again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results