shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have pics of basket setting ering?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
One of my best friends for christmas got a upgrade of her ering. My mom has got to see the ring and said it was a 2.50ct RB set in a basket setting. I was wanting to see this setting if anyone has it on PS. Or if anyone could give me a link or thread so I can see something close to my friends eye candy!!!! Thanks!
face6.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
SOme people have called my x-prong (Vatche-like setting) a basket. Is that what you mean?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
here is a basket setting

Brighton%20Diamond%20Engagement%20Ring300.jpg

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I have a basket setting but don''t have good pictures of it. It''s four pronged with 3 tiny diamonds around each side of the prongs...making up the basket.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would think something like this one below is the classic ''basket'' setting (with no metal under the diamond).

113_1313%20(2).jpg
113_1312%20(2).JPG

There are more pictures on the original thread

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Facets makes a reasonably nice one too...

20134.jpg

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Now, I am confused. Ana, I thought the second one you posted was a Cathedral setting, which is what mine is, and the first one was a basket. Or are they both basket settings?
33.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
let's try again

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cartier''s is pretty famous...

This is about half carat though, not 2
5.gif

CartierSolitaireIO.jpg

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
One more time!
1.gif

basketview.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2006 10:37:46 AM
Author: XChick03

Now, I am confused. Ana, I thought the second one you posted was a Cathedral setting, which is what mine is, and the first one was a basket. Or are they both basket settings?
It may be that I understand these ''basket'' and ''cathedral'' things differently - but I''ve always thought that ''basket'' refers to the way the part holding the diamond is constructed (i.e. prongs or some openwork surrounding the stone with the bottom open) and ''cathedral'' to the way the shank connects to whatever holds the diamond (i.e. there is an upward sloping section of the shank leading from ''finger level'' towards the center stone, like the counterforts of a gothic cathedral).

All in all, in my dictionary those two words are not mutually exclusive... . but that''s one way to put it.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2006 10:44:59 AM
Author: KBerly
One more time!

Wow! Where is that one from !?

--------------

Edited to add: Idiot (me)! Should have figured out! LINK Wow again!!
9.gif

kimeringside.jpg

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Valeria, the first one that you posted I believe is her setting. I asked my mom about it again this morning and she said that it had more then the tradional 4 prong or a Tiffany 6 prong so I knew it had to be like a double or a 8 prong setting and I see now that the metal circles the bottom of the diamond. Thanks Valeria.

If anyone else has a basket setting please post !!!!
35.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Valeria for digging that out! Thanks for the compliments too
1.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2006 10:48:40 AM
Author: valeria101
Date: 2/21/2006 10:37:46 AM

It may be that I understand these ''basket'' and ''cathedral'' things differently - but I''ve always thought that ''basket'' refers to the way the part holding the diamond is constructed (i.e. prongs or some openwork surrounding the stone with the bottom open) and ''cathedral'' to the way the shank connects to whatever holds the diamond (i.e. there is an upward sloping section of the shank leading from ''finger level'' towards the center stone, like the counterforts of a gothic cathedral).

All in all, in my dictionary those two words are not mutually exclusive... . but that''s one way to put it.

Oh okay, I understand now. Basically, all Cathedrals are baskets. Thanks.
1.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
KBerly!!!! OMG!! that ring is outstanding. It looks huge. and that setting is out of this world you have a terrific ring... I''ve drooled all over my keyboard..
3.gif
31.gif
35.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2006 10:27:31 AM

20134.jpg
Just curious, anyone know if they sell this setting solo? It is one of my preferred solitaire settings! Didn''t see it listed under their settings though - they seemed to have diamond settings only. I am continually impressed with Facets. Their prices seem so reasonable compared to the competition. The variety, and information they give for a website, are impressive. Has anyone had a ring from there for a few years and can speak to the durability? Whenever I get my eternity band, it will likely be from there...

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, thanks kittycat!
1.gif
I love the basket setting, especially if you go the 4 prong route, just sits in there, all secure.

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/21/2006 10:57:47 AM

Oh okay, I understand now. Basically, all Cathedrals are baskets. Thanks.
1.gif

Not all cathedrals are baskets. You can have a cathedral shank with a peg head, like this ring from blue nile.

DM15400100_zoom.jpg

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2006 11:29:13 AM
Author: gailrmv

20134.jpg
Just curious, anyone know if they sell this setting solo? It is one of my preferred solitaire settings! Didn''t see it listed under their settings though - they seemed to have diamond settings only. I am continually impressed with Facets. Their prices seem so reasonable compared to the competition. The variety, and information they give for a website, are impressive. Has anyone had a ring from there for a few years and can speak to the durability? Whenever I get my eternity band, it will likely be from there...

I''ve been looking for a basket setting as well. Does anyone know anywhere that sells this general style, just the setting? It seems like such a standard, simple setting, but I haven''t found one anywhere. I want the setting to be low, and a wedding band to sit flush. Am I gonna have to go custom?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a view of my basket setting.

ETA: opps, I just saw that you wanted a RB.

tacori-e-ring-basket-view.jpg

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
That''s great Tacori I didn''t have any idea that your ring was a basket setting it doesn''t have to be a RB that''s just wait my friend got any basket setting will do I was just wanting to get to see some of them because this setting is kind of new to me... Thanks Tacori...
35.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2006 11:29:13 AM
Author: gailrmv

20134.jpg
Sorry Ladies- I just called Facets and they do not sell their plain solitaire mountings. (darn
7.gif
)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2006 10:03:02 AM
Author: kittycatsmac
That''s great Tacori I didn''t have any idea that your ring was a basket setting it doesn''t have to be a RB that''s just wait my friend got any basket setting will do I was just wanting to get to see some of them because this setting is kind of new to me... Thanks Tacori...
35.gif

Okay, I wasn''t sure after I posted it if it was what you were asking for. I for one love basket settings. I feel like it is extra protection for my diamond (but that could just be in my mind I am not sure if it really does protect more) Mine is set pretty high compared to the others posted but I like how the horzontal bar is in line with the top of the sapphires. I like things that line up and make sense
1.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2006 8:56:50 AM
Author: Sophie
SOme people have called my x-prong (Vatche-like setting) a basket. Is that what you mean?
Those are more commonly called trellis settings. Baskets do not cross or make any X.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2006 10:44:59 AM
Author: KBerly
One more time!
1.gif
Your ring is gorgeous kberly!!! Not many come close to Mark Morrell!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results