shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have HUNTER brand boots? Are they warm?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought myself a pair of the tall ones - in Hunter green, no less! (haha - that amuses me!) They had 2 pairs that would fit me - a 1/2 size smaller than my normal size with good calf room, and good toe room, but probably not GREAT toe room if I wanted to add thick socks for warmth - VS. - 1/2 size larger than normal, with lots of toe room but snugger at the calf (these were the taller ones). I went with more toe room so I can put in a thermal insole for our VERY cold winters and still wear a thick construction style sock for extra warmth.

Does anyone have these and will they be warm in -20C with extra socks + thermal liner on the foot bed? They are perfect for my job when I go into places that have infestations, animal and human "biologicals" (that's a nicer way of saying urine and feces!) as well as unstable surfaces - there are no cuffs/seams/zippers for anything to crawl or seep inside! I thought they'd be pretty practical.

Now, I'm just hoping they really are warm, IRL.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
btw if you wear thin silk socks under the heavy socks they will be a lot warmer than just the heavy socks.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I have them and they are definitely not warm enough for Chicago winters. But just the right undersock combo might work.

Your job sounds so glamorous! :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Karl!! I just went there and I see they note that with the Original (mine) the calf is narrower --- ok, check! --- vs the Huntress which explains why that was the looser calf. Oh well - they are comfortable and warm ENOUGH today. Our temp was -5C and we just walked our dogs 2km - I found my feet warm and no slippage or discomfort so that's good!! And great info about the silk sock + the warm ones - thanks!!

Rosebloom- you have NO idea how glamourous my job is ;)) When I'm out in the field, I pretty much "live" the tv show Hoarders, in most cases. Ya, I'll be pretty stylin' in my new booties - nothing's going to penetrate these babies!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I have the same boots (though in purple) and unfortunately I really dislike them. I got the liners but they still don't make the boots very warm. Worse, the boots have NO traction. It's weird because, to look at them, you'd think they would...but I completely wiped out on some black ice once and fractured my arm, and I've found them to be really slippery on paved surfaces just in the rain. Which kind of defeats the purpose of rain boots. I live in the city, I can't stay on grass and dirt surfaces all the time. Wish I'd known before I got them. :(sad So please, please be careful when you're wearing yours!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
My DD gave me insulated construction boot liners & thin wool socks for Christmas, so that I could wear them inside of my Hunters! THey have made a HUGE difference in how the boot fits (comfortably snug - with no foot slippage) and the warm factor has totally bumped it up immensely!!!

Still noticing that they are slippery on the snow and ice which is not what I expected... but I'm being cautious!! Just wanted to share my 'warm feet' update! :bigsmile:

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
I have a pair. They don't keep my feet warm in the freezing NYC winter. The liners do help, but you end up sweating and feel uncomfortable. I slipped in snow last year, so please be careful. They are great for rain, but not for snow in my opinion.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
JD has Muck boots http://www.muckbootcompany.com/Pages/default.aspx that he wears in the snow, rain, what have you. His feet have never been cold, even when he's sitting in the tree stand, or when he's trapping and standing in the river water and the boots are full of water, his feet still don't get cold. I don't recall the specific style he has but they're tall, and they have support to them, they're not just all bendy and floppy like rubber boots, they're more rigid. I want to get a pair for myself.

ETA: this is his kind, Arctic Pro http://www.muckbootcompany.com/Products/Pages/ArcticPro.aspx

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Just buy the hunter liner socks and the boots are warm enough to shovel snow for two hours ask me I 've done it

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
heididdl|1356738589|3341811 said:
Just buy the hunter liner socks and the boots are warm enough to shovel snow for two hours ask me I 've done it

This was my initial plan, but because of the style I purchased (the Original tall design), the boot calf is too narrow for my leg + a liner, & that's why I'm trying to figure out an equally warm alternative without the bulk of the official Hunter liner/sock. So far, day 3, the system seems very warm and comfortable! I can see they will definitely be perfect for spring/fall, but I'm not so sure they were my smartest winter book purchase... oh well... only 4 more months to go... :roll:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results