shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have a SUPER EASY chili recipe?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never made it before, and I''m looking for something I can make in a crock pot (and I plan to substitute ground turkey for the ground beef. I don''t want to have to soak any beans, and I am trying to avoid cutting up veggies as much as possible (an onion and celery are probably all I''m good for). TIA!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sabine,

I don''t have any good crock pot chili recipes, but I can recommend one I make on the stove top, and its really easy.

1 lb w/e meat you like ( I use 93% ground beef)
1 white onion, chopped
1 tablespoon of chopped garlic (from the jar type works just fine)
1 tablespoon of olive oil or cooking spray
1 14.5 oz can of dark or light kidney beans (your choice), drained and rinsed
3 14/5 oz cans of diced tomatoes (any flavor you like)
1 package of chili mix (can be found in the spice aisle)

1. Warm the oil or cooking spray in a large pot
2. Add the garlic and onions and cook 3 or 4 minutes (until transclucent)
3. Add the meat and cook until no longer pink
4. (You may need to drain off fat if using fatty meat or continue as is if not much grease)
5. When meat is cooked, add in spice pack, tomatoes, and beans. Add additional salt, pepper, as desired
6. Simmer on medium-low for at least 20 minutes
7. Eat!
* While it is good on the day you make it, I always think it is better on the day after, so the flavors can mix all together
21.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
here is one that my sister and I use. I love it, and have it with Bake Potato sometimes
18.gif
it looks a bit scary when I see the number of line items of ingredients...lol, but really it isn't. I modify this a bit, I sometimes don't put both types of beans, and I only use 1lb ground beef (since we have a small family and a small crock pot), I don't do the garlic glove, just a few dashes of garlic powder is good for me, Anyway you modify it, it seems to turn out really yummy
18.gif
regardless

Chili Recipe in the Crock Pot

1-2 lb ground beef
3-4 fresh roma tomatoes, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium/large green pepper, diced
1 can (15 oz) Italian spiced diced tomato
1 can (15 oz) dark red kidney beans
1 can (15 oz) pinto beans
1 small can (6 oz) tomato paste
1-2 garlic clove, crushed/chopped
½ tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
1-1 ½ tbsp. chili powder
2 tsp. oregano

Mixed ground beef w/ garlic, seasoned w/ salt & pepper, browned and drained. Put browned beef in crock pot, add all vegetables (onion, can beans, green pepper, tomatoes, tomato paste, spiced), mixed and cook on low heat 6-8 hrs, stir occasionally or at the end before serving, add salt for taste.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is what we''ve been using..my gramma calls to beg me to make it for her, and it''s not anything gourmet, but it''s sure fast! We do it either stove or crock pot-I prefer crock pot.

Brown 2# hamburger (or turkey..mmm love turkey chili). Pour in (1) 46oz bottle of V8 juice, (1) 40oz can of Mrs Grimes original chili beans, and 1 can diced tomatoes. Add whatever you like for chili powder. That''s it.

The recipe was from a coworker, and it called for 2 1/2# hamburger, but I like my chili more soupy, (I like to dip crackers and bread in it) so that''s why I do less. And I pick the diced tomatoes back out of it hahaha..but the last time I made it I think I used a different brand and it was like, a big bowl of diced tomatoes or something.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I know this is cheating a bit, but there is a kit you can buy at the grocery store... I think near the seasoning/sauce packets... called 5 Alarm I believe. All of the spices you need are measured out and pre-packaged and it gives you the instructions for cooking the meat and adding anything extra. Its very tasty and I''m sure could be used in a crockpot!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Go to the grocery store and buy something called Chili Hot Beans and Pepper Onion Stirfry.

saute the peppers and onion in a bit of oil (they are already coarsely chopped)
brown 1 lb ground meat
2 cans tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
3 cans chili hot beans
1 tsp oregano
garlic or garlic powder
chili pepper, red pepper, etc to taste

You can add any veggies or peppers or whatever you want

Mix all together in a crockpot and give it at least 3 hours.

I used this recipe for years before I ventured into homemade chili.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I totally cheat, but I like the McCormick Chili seasoning packet. I cook some onions, red/green/orange pepper, jalepeno, and garlic, then add ground meat of choice, then add a can of tomatoes, a can of tomato sauce, a can of beans (I use kidney beans, but it doesn't really matter), and the McCormick seasoning packet. I've tried making chili with the same ingredients, adding my own seasonings, and not using the packet, but it always tastes a bit flat. And it's not cheating too much if the store bought part is just the seasonings
2.gif

ETA: I see dcgator beat me to the store bought seasoning packet idea! Haha. You can always add your own cumin, cayanne, etc to make it more your own - I usually do.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh this made me laugh, as I''m making crock pot chili right now... but with shredded chicken! I also make this as vegetarian chili.

My recipe is very much "a little this, a little that" but there are a few constants.

1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can chili beans
1 can diced tomatoes with chilies.

The chilies add a bit of spice, as do the pre-spiced chili beans, but if you want more heat, add a dash or two of chili powder and red pepper flakes. I also usually add a dash of cumin and paprika. Really, just season it to your taste!

Then you can add any veggies.. I usually put half of an onion and a clove of garlic. Sometimes some bell peppers, but they''re not necessary.

It only needs to cook for few hours... I set mine for six today :)

happyfeet1988

Shiny_Rock
Mine is super easy, and really tasty! It''s:

1 lb. ground beef
1 large can of tomato sauce
3 small cans of Brooks hot chili beans
1 onion
1 envelope of Williams chili seasoning mix
1/2 to 2/3 cup of water

Brown ground beef and onion. Throw everything into the crock pot and cook on low as long as you want!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Sabine-

So did you make one??? Thinking of trying one out tonight (for the rest of the week). They all sound yummy!!!!!

April20

Ideal_Rock
I''m a little late, but here''s what I do.

1 lb ground meat, browned
1 lb italian sausage, browned and rinsed to remove extra grease
1 onion, diced - saute in skillet for a few mins before adding to crock pot
1 package chili seasoning + 2-3 tbsp chili powder to taste
2-3 tbsp sugar
few dashes hot sauce
1 bottle of beer
16 oz can of tomato sauce
4 cans chili beans in mild sauce- dump the whole can in, no need to drain

Throw it all together and let it go on high for 2-3 hours

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I just put mine together in the crock pot to turn on for tomorrow!

I browned the meat with an onion and some garlic, threw it in the pot with a can of tomato sauce, diced tomatoes with chilies, kidney beans, chili beans (with chilies), and a packet of chili seasoning. We''ll see how it turns out!

Thanks for all the recipes! I''ll let you know how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results