shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you think this cloud will be an issue?

MandyPandy

Rough_Rock
Hello all!

I have found a diamond which hits basically all of my criteria, but there are a few clouds as the grade setting inclusions. Do you think these will be visible in real life and/or affect the transparency? I asked the vendor and he said he can catch a glimpse of the cloud if he looks very hard for it and that the transparency is not affected. I feel like I can see the clouds very easily in the video and pictures which has me worried. However I have not seen diamonds with clouds in real life, so I have no idea what it would be like in real world viewing situations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj9_8SchAR8

I forgot to get the details of the diamond but it's a H&A so they are really good.

Thanks so much!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, based on the single video and the size of the diamond I'd think at least some of the clouds would be eye-visible to me; note: I am the type who would look for them since I know they're there.

Whether any of the clouds would be visible often enough to bother me and/or negatively impact my opinion of the stone's performance is impossible to guess.

GOG is a reputable vendor with a decent return policy so if you are seriously interested in the diamond and have the money/time, buy it and have it sent to you loose so you can inspect it in various lighting conditions and decide if the clouds are an issue for you.

fair75

Rough_Rock
I, too, saw some visible clouds in the video. In my experiences (I have an E SI1 diamond that has cloud as the clarity-setting inclusion), clouds are not as easy to see in the normal in-door environment unless they are extremely dense. But when you have more lights around you or walk under the sun, clouds are much easier to see. Your experiences may be different, but I would suggest approaching this with caution. If you feel that clouds are visible enough that it would bother you, then it would probably be a good idea to look at other stones.

MandyPandy

Rough_Rock
marymm and fair75 thanks so much for your responses!

marymm|1472679669|4072008 said:
GOG is a reputable vendor with a decent return policy so if you are seriously interested in the diamond and have the money/time, buy it and have it sent to you loose so you can inspect it in various lighting conditions and decide if the clouds are an issue for you.

I would love to order the stone and view it loose, but I am in Canada and don't want to deal with all the hassle.

fair75|1472680537|4072010 said:
In my experiences (I have an E SI1 diamond that has cloud as the clarity-setting inclusion), clouds are not as easy to see in the normal in-door environment unless they are extremely dense. But when you have more lights around you or walk under the sun, clouds are much easier to see.

It is interesting to hear that the clouds are more visible in situations where there is more light than just normal indoor environments. This is exactly the type of information and insights that Pricescope can offer which is amazing and hard to find elsewhere :appl: !

It seems like my search will continue :( , which is too bad since the stone is otherwise perfect and a great price!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results