shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you think this chip can be seen by the naked eye

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I am just about to finish buying a diamond from Whiteflash for my Girlfriends engagement ring. My only concern is in the 40x magnification picture there is a an obvious chip in it. Which is also verified in the AGS Report.

Having not seen the diamond firsthand. I was hoping other people with more expreience with diamonds would be able to tell me how visible this would be to the naked eye.

Here is the link
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-116847.htm

Any other comments about the diamond would also be appreciated.
Thank you

Chris

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
just ask them. they will be completely honest with you. there is really no way for us to be able tell how visible it is soley from pics.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Uhmm...I don''t know what you mean by chip, but on PS, when we say chip, the diamond actually has a piece missing from it. Which I KNOW whiteflash would not be selling a chipped diamond. In any case, I''m not sure what you mean, but the big flash of blue mayber?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t get it either. I do not see a chip on the magnified image. And looking at the cert, the mark you are talking about is on the pavilion side of the diamond. I am not sure that mark indicates a chip at all. I''d be surprised if a stone with a chip would be designated ACA. Did you ask WF about it before buying the diamond?

Upside Down Man

Shiny_Rock
The chip is located almost exactly at 6 o''clock on the diamond. it is just to the left of the 6 o''clock arrow, and even intrudes on the 6 o''clock arrow.

I''m a little surprised a diamond with a chip on it would be labeled ACA? Unless what I''m looking at isn''t a chip.

Upside Down Man

Shiny_Rock
I''d be surprised if a stone with a chip would be designated ACA. - Diamondseeker2006

I''m a little surprised a diamond with a chip on it would be labeled ACA? Unless what I''m looking at isn''t a chip. - UDM

Uncanny.

avlis

Shiny_Rock
i saw "something" at that location. I dont know if i would saw its a chip, as a a chunk of the stone is not there anymore.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2006 4:57:07 PM
Author: Upside Down Man
I''d be surprised if a stone with a chip would be designated ACA. - Diamondseeker2006

I''m a little surprised a diamond with a chip on it would be labeled ACA? Unless what I''m looking at isn''t a chip. - UDM

Uncanny.
I think we have established that we think alike, UDM!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I think I see what you mean at 6:00. I think the correct term for that is a crystal. In any case, whether or not you can see it with the naked eye, they will tell you if you call them.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just call them and ask if it''s visible, they will tell you the truth!!

Upside Down Man

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 5:02:37 PM
Author: allycat0303
I think I see what you mean at 6:00. I think the correct term for that is a crystal. In any case, whether or not you can see it with the naked eye, they will tell you if you call them.
Possibly, although there is no corresponding "crystal" mark on the AGS report.

I note that apparently the stone has been sold, according to the site, so I guess the OP took it. I wonder what the story ended up being.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
it''s sold. i saw what he was saying, looked like an inclusion to me. not bad though.

Thank you for your help. I phoned Whiteflash and spoke to Bob. He took a look at the diamond and said it was eye-clean. I have purchased it. Thank you again for your help.

Chris

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2006 5:22:23 PM
Author: Representative of Mississauga
Thank you for your help. I phoned Whiteflash and spoke to Bob. He took a look at the diamond and said it was eye-clean. I have purchased it. Thank you again for your help.

Chris
Well is there a chip or not? Because eye clean is just referring to the face up position.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
This is a good opportunity to remind everyone of the advantages - and realities - of having magnified photos like the sellers associated with this site provide.

There is no chip. The inclusion at 6:00 is the feather on the pavilion, seen through the bezel facet. The camera’s focal depth highlights this inclusion. In fact to the naked eye, seen in 3 dimensions, the diamond is completely eye-clean.

Here is an important point: This photo is a tremendous advantage, but it must be kept ‘real.’ I have a 19” monitor. I used a ruler to measure the feather in the photo as it appears on my monitor. It's 5 mm across. This means the feather appears larger on my screen than the entire diamond will be in reality. Food for thought.
emotion-33.gif

We believe providing such photos is a valuable service. Just remember, you will never see a diamond magnified like this in 'real life' unless you’re allowed to put it under a microscope.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
John, I didn''t think there was a chip either. It just struck me as odd that the original poster was claiming there was but had not clarified that specifically with y''all!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results