shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you take off your ring(s) when you get home?

lovetraderjoes

Rough_Rock
If you do, where do you keep them? I've been just setting mine down on the counter BESIDE my regular jewelry box, because I'm just going to reach for it tomorrow morning and I'm too lazy to open/close my box. :cheeky: But since it is valuable jewelry, I've been thinking I should be a little more careful with where I put my ring... Then I thought about just keeping it on and forgetting the whole hassle :think:

Where do you guys put your ring(s)?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a plain band around the house, but I always took off my e-ring (when I had one) and kept it in a ring box.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of the time I don't wear my ring around the house. Sometimes if I am sewing I wear it. The lights on my sewing machine make it look fantastic! :naughty: When I am not wearing it, I have a little crystal ring holder that I put all my jewelry in. It sits on my bathroom counter.
If I wear something different the next day, it goes back in my hang-on-the-wall jewelry box in my locked closet. I never leave it sitting out if I am not at home.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my rings until I take off my makeup at night but I do remove them for cooking and cleaning. DH removes his ring as soon as he walks through the door. :roll:

I went to World Market and bought 2-3 tiny soy sauce bowls in their Asian dishware section. They're inexpensive and pretty. I use them as ring bowls. One in the kitchen for when I cook (avoiding grease, flour, raw meat, etc), one in the bathroom drawer where I normally put my rings each night just before taking off my makeup, and one on my nightstand for those nights I've forgotten to take off my jewelry.

My jewelry box is for items worn periodically, meaning I'm too lazy to get in/out of there every day. :wink2:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a plain platinum band I wear cooking, cleaning, gym, yard work, etc... I store my jewelry in a jewelry box in a set of drawers and not on my dresser every night. I try not to leave anything on counters or bedside. I've heard too many tales of things disappearing. I always hide my things when I'm on a short business trip and if we are gone for any length of time the safety deposit box.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Usually because I start cooking supper. I put my rings on a crystal ring dish I keep on the dining room table.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
mochiko42|1434496462|3890071 said:
Do you ladies keep your wedding bands on when in the house? /quote]

In the house, I wear all of the rings or none of them - not just the band. The only time I wear just a band is when I go to the farmers market or maybe when I travel.

ETA: I don't wear a lot jewelry in general but I like to wear my ering and band in the house because they're pretty and they make me feel pretty.

lovetraderjoes

Rough_Rock
UrsTx|1434495497|3890056 said:
I wear my rings until I take off my makeup at night but I do remove them for cooking and cleaning. DH removes his ring as soon as he walks through the door. :roll:

I went to World Market and bought 2-3 tiny soy sauce bowls in their Asian dishware section. They're inexpensive and pretty. I use them as ring bowls. One in the kitchen for when I cook (avoiding grease, flour, raw meat, etc), one in the bathroom drawer where I normally put my rings each night just before taking off my makeup, and one on my nightstand for those nights I've forgotten to take off my jewelry.

My jewelry box is for items worn periodically, meaning I'm too lazy to get in/out of there every day. :wink2:
You sound like me! I have a nice box but I'm so lazy that I don't want to open/close it ever day.. haha.

The soy sauce bowl thing is a great idea! Thanks!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't take them off as soon as I get home, but I wear gloves for dishes and do take them off if I'm doing any other housework.
I always take them off before showering and before bed.
I generally don't put them on in the morning until right before I'm ready to leave.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I take my rings off to cook, wash dishes, or wash my face, other than that my ering is always on. My wedding band I wear sometimes but is always off at night because my hands swell while sleeping.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take my rings and all my other bling off as soon as I come home. The rings go in my ring jewelry box that my dh made for me years ago and any other bling that I won't be wearing the next day goes into our home safe.

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Mine come off frequently when I'm home - for cleaning, cooking, etc. I usually just throw them on top of my dayplanner, which isn't ideal. My plan is to make the bottom-half of those cute little Mrs. Box knock-offs and keep that out in my foyer to use instead!

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
Immediately! They go either into my jewelry armoire, on my bathroom vanity or into the cleaner!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, only when washing dishes or lifting weights. I sleep with everything on. Too lazy.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I take my rings off when I get home. I generally don't leave any rings on, although, occasionally I will just leave the wedding band on.

I usually leave them on top of the breakfast bar in a small ceramic bowl with a pretty pattern (from Target) when I am working in the kitchen or cleaning something mess that. Otherwise my wedding set goes in a velvet box that is on top of my wood jewelry box.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I wear rings, then I take them off as soon as I do something when I come home - whether that is cooking, changing my clothes, taking off makeup. The problem is I don't have any system. Or I have a system that should be better. Right now, if I'm wearing them when I take my makeup off, they end up on the ledge on the medicine cabinet; if I'm making dinner, they end up sitting by the side of the sink or above the dishwasher; if changing, they end up on my bureau or bedside table. In other words, they rarely end up where they truly belong and where it would be easy to find them for next time.

mns12

Shiny_Rock
CRYSTAL24K|1434564822|3890402 said:
I take my rings off when I get home. I generally don't leave any rings on, although, occasionally I will just leave the wedding band on.

I usually leave them on top of the breakfast bar in a small ceramic bowl with a pretty pattern (from Target) when I am working in the kitchen or cleaning something mess that. Otherwise my wedding set goes in a velvet box that is on top of my wood jewelry box.

This!

stormi

Rough_Rock
No. I wear them except when cleaning them.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
It is interesting to read all the responses. Definitely some great ideas in this thread!

I take mine off as soon as I get home. I have a ring holder to put them in, but recently I've been using a little antique teacup. It looks pretty and isn't as obvious as the ring holder. I'm still missing jewelry from a couple of years ago so now I try to pay more attention. I love the finders threads & still hope my jewelry shows back up. :pray:

ipodobe

Rough_Rock
I USED to keep mine in a jewelry box on my dresser- never again.

Our house was robbed (nice suburbs) and it put all my jewelry in one easy box for them to carry out of the house. :((

Now, I have a terrible system of taking them off ad putting them on the bathroom counter, or hiding them in a spot. I really should have some sort of storage for them that is hidden.

We've since moved, but I definitely wouldn't leave them in a noticeable jewelry box again.

lilsweetie

Rough_Rock
Mine come off as soon as I get home. I have a few Umbra ring holders in various rooms - Kitchen, Bedroom, Den - so i pop my rings onto one of those.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As soon as I come back from walking the dog and know I shall not go out again, the jewellery comes off.

DK :))

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
I regularly take off my jewelry when I get home, but.... No matter when I take off my jewelry, I only put it in my jewelry box. I used to be lazy and put it beside or on top until my toddler got a hold of my diamonds and "helpfully" put them away for me. I also got a taller dresser.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I take off all my jewelry as soon as I get home. I put it in my jewelry box. I usually don't leave the house on Sundays if possible (house and lawn work and relaxing), so on Monday it is fun to put my rings on! My husband takes off his ring too. I purchased a ring holder for him in the shape of an eiffel tower (we love Paris) and that is where he puts his ring (in the kitchen).

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wear my ring all the time except when I am doing something downright dangerous with my hands (like using a drill press or a hammer).

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
I normally keep my rings on, but if I do take them off, I have a designated spot in each room where I leave them. Should I forget, it won't take me too long to find them! Then again this is much easier to manage in a 1 bedroom apartment ;))

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
lknvrb4|1434534792|3890212 said:
I take my rings off to cook, wash dishes, or wash my face, other than that my ering is always on. My wedding band I wear sometimes but is always off at night because my hands swell while sleeping.

I'm like that with both of my rings. I take them off while cooking, doing dishes, gardening, washing my face or showering, but other than that they're on my hand. I feel like a part of me is missing if my set isn't on my finger!

TogetherIsHappiness

Rough_Rock
I take all jewelry off (not just rings) as soon as I arrive at home, and they're also the last things I put on while leaving the house (right before my shoes haha).
I'm kinda anal and would put them right back to their own "storage" places unless I'd be going out again pretty soon. Also I will NEVER EVER put valuable jewelry wrapped in tissues or napkins "temporarily" because we all know what would happen most of the time... :wall:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I take all my jewelry off, except for my plain WB, and immediately put them in my jewelry box when I get home. DH bought me a beautiful jewelry box a few years ago for our anniversary and all of my pretties stay in there unless I'm leaving the house.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results