carat
color
clarity

Do You Still Have Your Original Engagement Ring

• Thread starter MTHealthyLiving
  • Start date
M

MTHealthyLiving

My latest ring... upgrade/reset from 10 year anniversary ring. I no longer have my engagement ring. I sold it.
Still have my wedding band though. Not letting that baby go!
AEBE7F9F-8FCD-49A7-AC06-820F4E9A79CC.png
3CF0F8A8-DDAB-4E5B-85BB-ABA5F94ED059.jpeg
My original engagement ring/wedding set.

Do you still have your original engagement ring?

If not, what did you do with it?

Wether you still have the original, did a reset, or have in upgrade, share your pics!

My original was a .5 carat 3 stone from Kay. I picked it out myself after my husband proposed with his grandmother’s ring that was way too thin and delicate to use. At the time I chose something small because I wasn’t into bling, I was just happy to be engaged. But I’ll never forget all the comments about how small it was.
People are such *******s.
Between my job at the time and getting fat, I wore it very little.
So my hubby bought me a replacement last year that I broke and had reset into something new. I sold my original engagement ring to help fund the reset of the new ring.
The only pic I have is from our wedding day which isn’t a very good picture.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I don't. My original e-ring was a .25 ct. MRB set into a yellow gold solitaire setting. My now-husband bought it because that was what the salesperson told him he should get! A couple of months after being engaged, I confided in my fiance that I had always wanted a marquise, so we went to the store and exchanged the round for a .33 I1 marquise. Back then, I had no idea about diamond grading. I eventually had that sent in to an 18K yg and diamond band and wore it until my 17th anniversary when I got my Tacori-set Jubilee. Unfortunately, I cannot find my marquise. It is lost somewhere in my house. :sick:

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I still have the diamond, but not the setting. Here is my original stone/setting and then my original stone in her new setting... 4187FC91-4A99-4FB8-BBB4-5506361BE9C4.jpeg

F721C23C-08EB-4170-A2FC-BA32DB00D1EC.jpeg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have bits and pieces of it...it was a very tiny band of poorly cut rubies and diamonds..I had them reset into another setting along with a small diamond hubby bought me when I was pregnant with my first child..I still have that setting...the rubies are now cracked..the diamond was taken out and reset into a earring.

M

MTHealthyLiving

No, I don't. My original e-ring was a .25 ct. MRB set into a yellow gold solitaire setting. My now-husband bought it because that was what the salesperson told him he should get! A couple of months after being engaged, I confided in my fiance that I had always wanted a marquise, so we went to the store and exchanged the round for a .33 I1 marquise. Back then, I had no idea about diamond grading. I eventually had that sent in to an 18K yg and diamond band and wore it until my 17th anniversary when I got my Tacori-set Jubilee. Unfortunately, I cannot find my marquise. It is lost somewhere in my house. :sick:

I’m sorry you lost your marquise. I would be devastated!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I do have my original lol. It's in the jewellery box half the time right now though because our baby is too little and I'm paranoid about her soft spot getting poked. My husband would be so upset if I ever sold it though. He worked hard to have it made for me. Plus I could never. It has my grandmothers stone in it. However that's not going to stop me later on from getting a pretty sapphire and laying the halo to rest in the jewelry box for our daughter. Or her daughter if she has one lol. Mama wants the sapphire solitaire she has always dreamed of :D

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I still have it but don’t wear it. I’ve gotten another diamond set to wear in its place, one that is much more me. The stone in my original ring came from a family cocktail ring; we actually plan to put the diamond back in its original home and probably give the ring to one of his sisters. We’ll keep the setting of my engagement ring and put a colored stone in it since that’s what my husband prefers and I’ll probably wear it for special occasions.

My husband lost his wedding ring after about 4 years of marriage (we’ve been married ten). Because of that, he and I don’t have too much sentimentality attached to our rings. As long as we wear something that indicates we’re married, we’re both okay. Had he not lost his, I’m not sure how I’d feel. But - I know that I’ll keep my original wedding ring forever, even though I don’t wear it.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still have mine. It's 12 princess cuts invisibly set into three quads. It got bashed hard & one diamond chipped the one next to it, so it is unstable to wear. Another bash could set the broken diamond free & then all it's friends will fall out. I occasionally put it on when I'm mooching in my jewellery box, but haven't worn it outside the bedroom since it was damaged, so about 6 years now.

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
I moved recently and didn’t have my blue dish I usually soak my rings in unpacked yet. So, I used a regular bowl. The whole purpose of the blue bowl was so I would never accidentally do this. I got caught up cleaning the house and doing the dishes. Well, I forgot and dumped the contents into the running garbage disposal. The diamond survived, though!
I am now wearing a used CvB setting until I can have another remade.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m still a “newly wed”. Our 2 year anniversary is 11/27/18. I only got to wear my ER for 34 Days before our wedding.
Story here:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/meet-uisce.231677/

I have added a WR & AB to my ER, since then. I stack all 3, together. I wear another AB on my RH that DH gifted to me for my birthday, earlier, this year. I will be setting an Anniversary Band project into motion, sometime, next year.
DH & I are rather sentimental, so I will keep my original set (barring loss or theft).
However, I will continue to add to the existing set, and DH is already aware that I intend to purchase other “upgrades”, but I won’t trade in my existing diamond to achieve that. She means too much to both of us for me to part with her.
4AFB6BA1-7440-4102-80E6-B47F5E8A11EA.jpeg E4F1E283-4D6E-409E-B4E9-A4A44C297807.jpeg 46DE0698-6409-435E-9D80-93ECAF86D5AF.jpeg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ER is a 1.04 tcw solitaire in YG. I lost my WB 16 years ago (we’ve been married almost 24). My husband replaced it and I set off on a journey of buying and wearing many, many, many stackers. (I kid you not. There’re pics on here somewhere).
For our 20th DH reset my mom’s 2.25 into a platinum 3-stone with sapphires.
They are very different looks. I alternate between my ER and a diamond eternity or the 3-stone and my Tiffany etoile most of the time. I never go without rings outside the house, so I decide as seems fit. Nice to have choices.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
NOPE, and I sometimes wish I still did for sentimentality reasons.
I started out with a 1cttw three stone from Zales in white and yellow gold. It was a gorgeous setting but horrible quality, I1 poorly cut diamonds, and stones were constantly falling out of the setting.

My second wedding set I had custom made, and I absolutely adore it. GIA VS2 OEC in a beautiful floral rose gold setting. I sold my original set to help fund the second set.

I'm on my 3rd wedding set now, only because I lost two ring sizes after having my third baby and my second wedding set isn't easily sizeable. I briefly listed my second set thinking I'd use the funds to help upgrade to a bigger center diamond. But luckily no one bought it, and I found my new current set preloved for a fantastic price; and it just happened to be my style entirely. So I'm now wearing my second set as a RHR and getting use to my third set.

I most likely won't be getting a bigger upgrade until all of my children are out of the house. So I'm pretty sure I'm keeping what I have for at least a couple decades. But someday my dream over 1ct AVC will be mine!!! Rissring23.jpg dsc03768.jpg IMG_20180701_130904.jpg ;-)

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I moved recently and didn’t have my blue dish I usually soak my rings in unpacked yet. So, I used a regular bowl. The whole purpose of the blue bowl was so I would never accidentally do this. I got caught up cleaning the house and doing the dishes. Well, I forgot and dumped the contents into the running garbage disposal. The diamond survived, though!
What a bummer!!! But so glad to hear that you were able to save the diamond. What a blessing!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ouch!!!!!!!!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:eek2::eek2::eek2:
glad your stone made it!!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 your ering is stunning!

Thank you, @RissaLou!!! I’m still tickled “bling” by her...lol!! :mrgreen2:
There are days when I go through DSS, but that dies, quickly. I have the largest diamond in my circle, and in my workplace (competitive with the physicians I work for in our practice). I have more bling than everyone but my boss, and my center stone outweighs hers, so my perspective becomes very humbling, once that reality sets in. I’m the second to last to be married in my workplace, up to this point, as well, so I feel very privileged; my DH spoils me. No doubt, I’m one lucky lady, and I am appreciative of it all. :kiss2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NOPE, and I sometimes wish I still did for sentimentality reasons.
I started out with a 1cttw three stone from Zales in white and yellow gold. It was a gorgeous setting but horrible quality, I1 poorly cut diamonds, and stones were constantly falling out of the setting.

My second wedding set I had custom made, and I absolutely adore it. GIA VS2 OEC in a beautiful floral rose gold setting. I sold my original set to help fund the second set.

I'm on my 3rd wedding set now, only because I lost two ring sizes after having my third baby and my second wedding set isn't easily sizeable. I briefly listed my second set thinking I'd use the funds to help upgrade to a bigger center diamond. But luckily no one bought it, and I found my new current set preloved for a fantastic price; and it just happened to be my style entirely. So I'm now wearing my second set as a RHR and getting use to my third set.

I most likely won't be getting a bigger upgrade until all of my children are out of the house. So I'm pretty sure I'm keeping what I have for at least a couple decades. But someday my dream over 1ct AVC will be mine!!! Rissring23.jpg dsc03768.jpg IMG_20180701_130904.jpg ;-)

I love all 3 of your rings!! Would never have guessed #3 was preloved!! So beautiful!!:mrgreen2:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m still a “newly wed”. Our 2 year anniversary is 11/27/18. I only got to wear my ER for 34 Days before our wedding.
Story here:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/meet-uisce.231677/

I have added a WR & AB to my ER, since then. I stack all 3, together. I wear another AB on my RH that DH gifted to me for my birthday, earlier, this year. I will be setting an Anniversary Band project into motion, sometime, next year.
DH & I are rather sentimental, so I will keep my original set (barring loss or theft).
However, I will continue to add to the existing set, and DH is already aware that I intend to purchase other “upgrades”, but I won’t trade in my existing diamond to achieve that. She means too much to both of us for me to part with her.
4AFB6BA1-7440-4102-80E6-B47F5E8A11EA.jpeg E4F1E283-4D6E-409E-B4E9-A4A44C297807.jpeg 46DE0698-6409-435E-9D80-93ECAF86D5AF.jpeg
@Matthews1127, I adore your rings and your hands are lovely too!!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the setting. I never liked it and had it reset before the wedding. My husband had a local jeweler make it based on a pic I sent him of a style I liked. The final product scared me and reminded me of talons.
7A75892F-57E3-4707-9E51-823C33BCA1D9.jpeg 510D0854-1F3A-4E5C-A49F-3F9C15CD9043.jpeg 2EB6E44B-BD6F-440E-9011-200DF03C93E7.jpeg

Trabert Goldsmiths made the second setting and the whole experience was terrible. I would heartily recommend them to people I dislike. They had it made in Thailand and the quality was so bad that the shank warped when I picked up a carry on bag.
POS.jpg

The last reset was done by Kataoka. I went to their shop in Tokyo, showed the designer a ring of his that I liked, and he sketched out some ideas. I didn’t even see the wax model before it was cast and it still came out exactly how I wanted it. The whole experience couldn’t have been easier and I have no plans of resetting it again. The stone is a branded cut and I had reservations about it. Once I saw it in this setting, I finally loved it.
C4D4EA5C-753B-4EDA-9945-F424ED79E379.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results