shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you still celebrate your ''dating'' anniversary?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
DH & I got married on April 18th. Our 10-year ''dating'' anniversary was July 19th... it was my weekend to work, so we really didn''t do much. We did get each other cards, and he got me a boquet of 10 pale yellow roses. It was funny ''cause we both got cards that said "wife" and "husband".
July 19th is so engraved in my brain, so I think we''ll always remember it, and celebrate it, in one way or another. We''re leaving for the beach tomorrow for 5 days, so we''re calling it our 10-year vacation celebration.

So, do you plan on still celebrating your dating anniversary? Or just your wedding anniversary? Both?

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
I was worried hubby would want to do this because he celebrated every month for the first year! But he agreed we would just celebrate the wedding anniversary. I'm sure we will still acknowledge it by making a comment like "we started dating X years ago today!" with a little kiss and some midnight lovin
31.gif
, but nothing much else.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
We''re celebrating our dating anniversary rather than our wedding one - our first wedding anniversary is tomorrow, July 26th and our first date (and day we met) is August 14th (5 years this year).

The wedding date was decided by being a Saturday that the venue had available rather than being a ''special'' date, so for us the other anniversary is more significant.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I like to celebrate everything (but we stopped buying presents for each "anniversary" because it''s so expensive and unnecessary!) July 19th was 5 years since the day we first met - we exchanged cards with handwritten letters inside like we usually do for each special day we remember together. August 1 is our 5 year dating anniversary and we''ll probably exchange more cards/handwritten letters and maybe go out to dinner. I can''t imagine NOT celebrating it because that was our anniversary for so long, we''re so used to celebrating it every year!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I''m not a newlywed (just got engaged a week ago!), but I have often wondered about this. I''ve been telling FI that I would
30.gif
to get married on our anniversary, so that we can retain the significance, and if we are eloping, it should be very possible :D

36.gif

I''m glad their are other sentimental people who want the day to remain special
12.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 6:57:43 PM
Author: Pandora II
The wedding date was decided by being a Saturday that the venue had available rather than being a ''special'' date, so for us the other anniversary is more significant.
Though at the same time (I assume?) the dating anniversary was just as much a matter of chance
2.gif

We don''t do much in the way of celebrating anniversaries... or anything, really (holidays, birthdays, etc.). I think we did something for our first post-married dating anniversary (last january), but I can''t remember
3.gif
The most we ever do is a nice dinner, if that. Maybe a card sometimes. I''m hoping to do something a little more special for wedding anniversaries, but we haven''t made any plans for our first one yet.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
This year we''ll probably celebrate our dating anniversary in September because a year is a long time to wait! After this year we''ll just celebrate our wedding anniversary

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 11:25:56 PM
Author: musey
We don''t do much in the way of celebrating anniversaries... or anything, really (holidays, birthdays, etc.). I think we did something for our first post-married dating anniversary (last january), but I can''t remember
3.gif
The most we ever do is a nice dinner, if that. Maybe a card sometimes. I''m hoping to do something a little more special for wedding anniversaries, but we haven''t made any plans for our first one yet.

Ditto this. We don''t usually do much for our dating anniversary, but we''re definitely going to pay attention to it still because we dated for 6 years before we got married. We''ll probably do gifts/a trip for our wedding anniversaries. My first wedding anniversary isn''t going to be for quite a while, but I want us to do something special.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
We''ve never really "celebrated" our dating anniversary - occasionally, I would get flowers, but it was never a big deal in our house.....but I''m curious as to how it will play out this year - Our 1 year wedding anniversary is in exactly 1 week, and our 10 year dating anniversary is in about 3 months - so I''d actually like to do something for both - I think those are both milestones worthy of celebration!!
9.gif

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Our "dating" anniversary is coming up: August 3, and our 1st wedding anniversary will be Sept. 20. DH and I discussed this before we got married, and we agreed that we would go out to dinner on August 3, but not do a whole celebration thing. And this year, my mom is going to be with us to go with me to a specialized medical clinic for some exams/tests. So if we do anything, it will be just a very casual dinner.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, we celebrate both! DH will usually get me a card and roses, or a gift. He is very sentimental.
30.gif

We ALSO celebrate the anniversary of the date he proposed to me!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We got married June 18th and our ten year dating anniversary was July 10th so we were still on our honeymoon then. We just went for a nice dinner to celebrate it. Hopefully we''ll keep celebrating both. Our wedding anniversary will definitely be celebrated each year but we were together so long before getting married that I''d like to keep our dating anniversary special too.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Nope. We never got too into that in the first place. But, the year we got engaged, we adopted one of our kitties on our dating anny day, so now on the calendar I still remember, but it''s Elmo''s b-day instead :)

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
We''re ONLY celebrating our dating anniversary and not our wedding anniversary. Mostly because we''ve been together for so long, and we don''t feel as though our lives together only began with the wedding. I don''t think you can discount 13 years together and start again at zero.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
We don''t do much to celebrate it. But we do recognize our dating anniversary and proposal anniversary. I guess we''ll also have a wedding anniversary and a Chinese wedding anniversary now (once the Chinese wedding is planned). Crazy!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
We celebrate both
1.gif

Our wedding anniversary is most certainly meaningful to us, but we were together for eight years before getting married, so our dating anniversary will always be very sentimental to us. The issue is that we usually celebrate with a trip and since our wedding anniversary is in September, we have many options. Our dating anniversary is in December, right between T-giving and X-mas, which is a bad time to take a trip. We still celebrate with dinner and a card, though. We might do something more special this year since it''s our 10-year dating anniversary.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We don''t celebrate our dating anniversary, but I always remind DH about it by saying something like "Can you believe we''ve survived five years together? I deserve a medal or something!"
11.gif

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
haha we just recently had a conversation about this. Because we didn''t want to make one or the other feel bad if one wanted to do something and the other didn''t. I think we''ll be nostalgic on our dating anniversary, which is coming up in a couple months. I figure we''ll have a nice dinner in, some wine and just relax and not work on the house or clean! We are definitely celebrating our wedding anniversaries (I''m already starting on his ''paper'' present for year one!) The wedding was a huge event in our lives, and a huge statement about our relationship to our family and friends, and I love being able to share that with him every year. I made cookies for our wedding favors, and still have the cutter, so I''m thinking for our wedding anniversaries, I''ll make the cookies again as a reminder of the craziness that was planning our wedding and how wonderful it is to be where we are now!

cakeny

Shiny_Rock
Am I the only one that doesn''t even remember her dating anniversary?

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
we celebrate with ahem
9.gif
a roll in the hay....lol

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
we call our wedding anniversary the romantic one and the other well ya know
2.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
We''ve never really celebrated our dating anniversary (although we only had 2 before we got married), but the first year it was more important to me to recognize in some way. I think I got him a card, and since my birthday is close to our dating anniversary, and I believe he gave me a necklace to honor both occasions. The second dating anniversary passed without us even noticing, except for maybe a "Hey, yesterday was our anniversary!" We were engaged by then, and felt like our wedding anniversary would supplant the dating anniversary as the date of celebration.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
No, we only celebrate our wedding anniversary now, and we''ve been married for 3 years - we dated for 2 years before we got married.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We don''t really celebrate our dating anniversary but we both remind each other what day it is whenever December 6th rolls around.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ours are one and the same, it''s much easier that way!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
We''re not planning to celebrate our dating anniversary anymore, mostly because it''s really close to our wedding anniversary! This year, right before we got married, we celebrated our "last dating anniversary." When the dating anniversary rolls around next year, we''ll probably just reminisce about our first date and have a glass of wine, then celebrate the wedding anniversary a few days later
1.gif

anyname

Shiny_Rock
we never really celebrated our dating anniversary past year 1 or 2...but next year we''ll have been together for 10 years, so i think it would be nice to do something then.

livinginsg

Shiny_Rock
The grand plan was to get married on our dating anniversary but the hotel was not available then. So, we got married one weekend later. So, i suppose we celebrate our dating and wedding anniversary together.
2.gif

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 1:31:57 PM
Author: cakeny
Am I the only one that doesn''t even remember her dating anniversary?

I''m with you! I have no idea when we started dating--I know our first date was Nov or Dec, but that''s about it. And we were dating casually/non-exclusively for a while, so does that actually even count?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results