shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you sleep in your diamond studs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lil425

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone -

For you diamond stud owners - do you wear them 24/7 and if so, how are they set and what size are the stones? Appreciate any info you can supply!

FireMonkey

Shiny_Rock
I''ll chime in:

My studs are 1 ctw rounds, F/SI1, plat, in 4-prong baskets w/ screw backs. I don''t sleep in them because the posts poke me. I''ve thought about having them trimmed, but I''m not even sure if that''s possible.

HTH!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sleep in mine (1 ctw) in 4 prong baskets. They dont bother me at all. I was thinking about having them made into
dangles because the screwbacks are such a pain to take off/put on. Havent done anything about it yet though.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rarely. Not because they are not comfy, they are. (martini) But because they get so grimy. I like clean diamonds, and they stay cleaner if you take them off at night.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/8/2009 12:17:32 PM
Author: FireMonkey
I''ll chime in:

My studs are 1 ctw rounds, F/SI1, plat, in 4-prong baskets w/ screw backs. I don''t sleep in them because the posts poke me. I''ve thought about having them trimmed, but I''m not even sure if that''s possible.

HTH!
Yes it is possible!

In fact we had to trim te posts on my wife''s earrings so thatshe could be comfrotable sleeping in them.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine are .82 ctw, basket setting, with friction backs and yes I wear them to bed. The only time I do not wear them is when I''m in the pool or decide to take them off for a few weeks and wear fun fashion earrings (that''s what I usually do in the summer
1.gif
)

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
No, never sleep in them. Mine are 1.40tcw martini set. I don''t sleep in any jewelry.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
No way! They would gouge my head!! (They are .5 ct total)

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
I sleep in my little ones (.10ctw) all the time. In fact, I put them in at night to keep my second ear holes open, since I don''t always wear an earring in my second holes during the day.

I do not usually sleep in my big ones (1.81 ctw). It CAN be done fairily comfortably--when I have been travelling somewhere and felt they were safer in my ears than on my dressing table, I sleep in them. But I agree, they get dirtier being slept in faster, I feel that there is some danger that they could come off in the night and get lost in the sheets and while I can sleep in them, it''s not as as comfortable as NOT sleeping in them. Mine are from Whiteblash and very well well made-- I have the four prong basket style and they do not poke me at any time, as well as being very secure, with that double push back they do. They never HAVE come out of my ears , either sleeping or awake--I''m just nervous that if I''m asleep, they might.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I sleep in my studs for the last 16 yrs. My studs is 0.40ct each, F color, VVS1 clarity. Its a gift from my mom. when I was still in high school. My studs have four prongs but not a basket prong, its more of a V prong, if its make sense.

I only take them off when I'm off swimming.

FireMonkey

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/8/2009 1:34:14 PM
Author: Rockdiamond

I''ll chime in:

HTH!
Yes it is possible!

In fact we had to trim te posts on my wife''s earrings so thatshe could be comfrotable sleeping in them.

Interesting! Thanks for the info. Anything special I should know/ask for? (sorry for the hijack!)

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I usually sleep in mine. The posts don''t really bother me, but when they do I flip my ear over and it''s fine. They do sometimes poke my husband, in which case I''ll adjust my position so they don''t get to him. They stay on for the pool, too. They get a good scrub in the shower everyday, and a US bath once in a while.

You can see the backs in this picture. They are basket-set pears.

pearstudsback.jpg

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/8/2009 3:03:04 PM

Date: 8/8/2009 1:34:14 PM
Author: Rockdiamond

I''ll chime in:

HTH!
Yes it is possible!

Interesting! Thanks for the info. Anything special I should know/ask for? (sorry for the hijack!)

I find that the pointy backs are a little more noticeable than the rounded backs, so you might want to ask to have the ends rounded off. (pointy font>

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2009 3:28:28 PM
Author: onvacation

Minor thread jack- I have never seen pear studs before and and Love them
30.gif
Any ear pics? I''d be interested in how the look on.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to because they were smaller and the posts were shorter (they still poked not too badly though). My new studs, the post are extremely long
33.gif
so sad to say no I do not sleep with them on. However, I do wear my huggies diamond earrings 24/7

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Three pairs each ear every night.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
mine are basically in 24/7. they are .66 ctw in a 4 prong basket setting w/screw backs.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sleep in the buff, jewelry-wise...

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I don''t wear jewelry to bed. Keeps it all cleaner. (I have round basket set .65 tcw)

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
I wear mine 24/7. .80tcw in a martini setting.

faina00

Rough_Rock
Mine are 2.5 carats, 4 prong, and no, I never sleep in them! I used to sleep in (other) earrings years ago and I think that stretched one of my holes a bit. I take off all jewelry, including all rings when going to bed.

lil425

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much for the feedback - I appreciate it! Mine are 2 ctw, martini set. I have only had them for a week and it seems that one of the posts are bent. They are platinum. I am thinking that they may have been bent slightly when I got them as I was very eager to put them on. When I finally took them off after one week, I noticed the bend. They are going back to the vendor on Monday, no problem there, but I was wondering if they could have bent when I slept in them?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never sleep in my earrings. I have a pair of .75 ctw studs in YG with screwbacks. I hate screwbacks but I always take my jewelry off at night.

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/8/2009 4:20:52 PM
Author: 4ever

Date: 8/8/2009 3:28:28 PM
Author: onvacation

Minor thread jack- I have never seen pear studs before and and Love them
30.gif
Any ear pics? I''d be interested in how the look on.
Aww, thanks 4ever! *blush* I''m sorry I don''t have any good pictures on hand. Hubby took the camera with him on a trip, but I''ll try to get some when we get back. For now, here''s one that I cropped out of a picture that I had. I''m sorry it''s not a very good one, but it kinda gives you an idea.

pearstudearshot.jpg

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
And here's a better pic of them in the box. Apologies for the thread jack!

ETA: Oy, that came out larger than I thought it would. They are fat little pears..
11.gif

pearstuds.jpg

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Those pears are so fat and cute!

I don''t have diamond studs per se, but I do have a pair of cluster studs my father gave me when I turned 18, they basically look like the attached picture and are about 4mm across, don''t know the ctw but the diamonds are very small, and set in a 14k wg basket setting with a regular push-on back. They have a good deal of sparkle when clean but I think clusters get dirtier faster than plain studs and I wear them basically 24/7. Showers, sleeping, sports, everything. So they always look like crap, I guess.
9.gif
I find them comfortable to sleep in but the posts are fairly long and can poke me if I am not careful sleeping. The ends of the posts are rounded and not squared off, which helps a good deal. I have big fat earlobes so trimming them down is not an option. If I get studs, I think I would like a martini set...the basket tends to collect dirt and grime like it''s going out of style, and is very tough to clean all the way.

mz_cluster_studs.jpg

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I have a pair of .82cttw Tiffany diamond studs with screw backs.....and I rarely take them off to sleep (bad, I know!)...pearls, those I take off.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve worn mine 24/7 probably for the past 4 or 5 years!
They''re pretty tiny though.. I think they''re about .30-.40 ctw.

Mystra

Rough_Rock
Mine rarely leave my ears. I have multiple ear piercings so they occassionally switch positions, but unless I''m cleaning them, they stay on for sleeping, showering, everything. I love them. However, I definitely agree that they would stay MUCH cleaner if I took them off before bed.
24.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results