shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you sleep and shower in your Diamond Stud Earrings?

Do you sleep and shower in your diamond stud earrings?

• Yes

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • No

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
I just got screwback diamond studs and it is getting tiresome taking on and off each day. I wonder if most people just keep them in and even shower with them on (and sleep with).. doesn't the conditioner get gunked up in the stud? Do they get loose overnight?
Do you have screwbacks or push back??

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought I would leave mine in, they are pushbacks, but I RARELY wear them. I don't sleep in jewelry at all, and I use a lot of color depositing stuff in my hair so I don't want to be cleaning that out of them all the time

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I have push-backs. I don't shower with them simply because I'm too afraid I'll lose them down the drain (I had another pair before this and I lost one on my wedding/honeymoon trip the day before my wedding. I had to buy a $7.00 pair from Claire's so that I had something in my wedding pictures!!). I don't sleep in them because they hurt. There have been a few times where I came home after a little too much wine and just fell into bed, but I always wake up in the middle of the night and put them on my nightstand because they are so uncomfortable. I sleep on my side so they tend to stab me in the side of my neck.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take mine out every evening and clean them and put them away until the next day. They hurt my ears to sleep in and I do think they would get dirty with conditioner and hairspray. I had mine changed out from screwbacks because it was killing my ears to put them in and take them out everyday.

I think there are lots of people that sleep and shower in theirs everyday - I just can't for the life of me understand how their ears don't get sore. Maybe it's just different versions of ears that have no problem - ha! I am a side sleeper as well so that probably adds to my discomfort.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always for a shower but rarely for sleep. If I take them out to go to bed I forget to put them back on in the morning. Then I end up earringless for days, lol.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't put mine on until I am dressed and finished with my hair and hairspray (when I use it). I would be much too afraid to shower in them, and I really don't like wearing earrings to bed. Besides being uncomfortable, I just don't want to give them extra wear and tear.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Sure do! I wear too many to be bothered taking them out and putting them back in to shower, sleep, etc. I take them out twice a week for a good cleaning, but otherwise leave them on. I's currently wearing 5 pairs of diamonds, and one small pair of body piercing style hoops.

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the responses. It's time for bed, I was starting to fall asleep w/ them, then wondered if the prongs will loosen up over time or wear and tear on the screwback? Or would taking it on and off each day cause screwback wear and tear more?? :confused:
I guess I'll take them off again tonight and wait til tomorrow. :snore:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I have push-backs and I never wear them to bed or in the shower, mainly because I'm too OCD about keeping them clean.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I put mine in in August and that was that.... (Ok, I clean them once a week, but otherwise they are IN) :bigsmile:
I have friction backs and they are a strong 'click' or 'snap' when they are in place, so I don't have any worries. I sleep on my sides and I am not irritated by the earrings... I guess its all individual!

Now--- when I get my 2ctw upgrades, things may change ---- but that's not in the cards until AFTER my lottery win! :lol: :lol:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I have pushback ones and I only take them off once a week dor a deep cleaning. I have worn them this way for 1.5 years and no problems.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't, I can't sleep in jewelry and the times I did forget to take my studs out (I am a side sleeper) the posts dug into my head so no thanks :knockout: mine are pushbacks

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would recommend not sleeping in them because over time they can stretch your holes out I think and the trouble to repair ear piercings is just not worth the time, money and energy. Better to be proactive and not allow any damage to occur rather than fix it after it does. Also, it is so much easier to keep clean when you remove before bed/shower etc. As soon as I come home I remove all my jewelery as I find it more comfortable and it does keep my jewels cleaner.

If the screwbacks are a pain to remove why not consider changing them to pushbacks or something easier to remove that is still secure?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I live in my earrings - always have, ever since I pierced my ears at the age of 9. Thus far, no damage has been done, not to my ears, and not to my earrings (and they've run the gamut from diamonds to more delicate substances like pearls and coral). I seem to fall into the camp of people whose ears bend the right way for it to be comfortable, though - I really do think that's where the dividing line falls!

P.S. - With well cut stones, you don't really notice a loss of performance for a few days to up to a week - so I just toss mine in the ultrasonic on slow days while I'm showering, and that keeps things nice.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't at first, but now I find that I just forget to take them out. So far no problems.

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
I wear the same pieces of jewelry every day (very boring, I know!) and I don't like sleeping in jewelry. I have slept in jewelry in the past, when I was much, much younger (college) - and I used to wake up with a necklace practically choking me or one earring somewhere in the bed! I take all jewelry off before bed and don't put anything back on until I'm dressed and finished with make-up and hairspray.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After some thefts, my jewelry in ON only.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear mine 24/7. I lost my previous pair (or they were stolen) and don't want to risk that again and feel the safest place for them is in my ears! When I wear my hoops, i move my studs back to my 2nd holes.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I don't sleep in earrings, it really bothers me. And, I have screw backs that I wear most days.

I learned here on PS not to wear my ring while sleeping (not that it's been my habit) because the rubbing against the sheets can wear down the prongs. Wouldn't the same be true for earrings?

April20

Ideal_Rock
I have screw backs and I've had them in 24/7 for five years.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Wife has 3 prong martini earrings with the larger size push backs. She' takes them off only to throw them in the ultrasonic. I don't think I've seen her not wearing them ever in the last 4 years

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I changed mine out to push backs but even when they were screwbacks I took them out everyday. I like to keep them clean and find them uncomfortable to sleep in them.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cant sleep at jewelry at all. I take everything off at night and drop it in a cleaning solution and rinse it off in the morning.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's interesting that many of you sleep in and keep your earrings on 24/7. I love to wear different earrings each day and I just thought most of you guys would too. In fact I rarely wear the same pair twice in a row let alone days and weeks on end.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
For me, now that I have these BGD studs, I am content... (FOR NOW!!) and I can't imagine any other pair. Yeah, hope that doesn't change toooooooo soon, but I am very happy w my 24/7 routine!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1325472868|3093225 said:
For me, now that I have these BGD studs, I am content... (FOR NOW!!) and I can't imagine any other pair. Yeah, hope that doesn't change toooooooo soon, but I am very happy w my 24/7 routine!

:bigsmile: We'll see... ;)) (jk!)

Your BGD studs are gorgeous!!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I don't sleep or shower in my earrings. I also changed out the screw backs since they caused my ears to bleed.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1325473037|3093227 said:

Oh I hear ya Missy!!! (Good one!!) This addiction to PS is not a healthy thing for my bank account! LOL!!! There is always something else... out there... brighter... sparklier.... ah!!!!

MUST. STOP. LOOKING.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1325516479|3093429 said:
missy|1325473037|3093227 said:

Oh I hear ya Missy!!! (Good one!!) This addiction to PS is not a healthy thing for my bank account! LOL!!! There is always something else... out there... brighter... sparklier.... ah!!!!

MUST. STOP. LOOKING.

LOL I know- I wonder if my dh regrets the day he found PS for me (while he was helping me find inspiration for a new setting). PS is the great enabler isn't it! :cheeky:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL I know- I wonder if my dh regrets the day he found PS for me (while he was helping me find inspiration for a new setting). PS is the great enabler isn't it!

I think *I* regret the day I found PS! :lol: :lol: It is so addictive - but I can't stop looking and dreaming and drooling! I love all the enabling we provide on line - YEAH ENABLERS!!! :lol: :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results