shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you prefer regular or sourdough baguettes?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:))

Q

Queenie60

I have cut bread out of my diet however I love sourdough!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
regular by far.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ha, trick question DF ... the answer is BOTH/EITHER (says baguette-loving me)

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
hmmmm, I can't tell the difference :lol: I'm almost embarrassed to admit my husband is French and we've lived 4 years in Europe.
I've had miche, which is French sourdough I believe, it's good, but the crust almost took out my teeth.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I don’t usually eat bread, but will break my no bread diet for a good loaf of sourdough!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sourdough when I feel like making an amazing grilled cheese with grand cru, raclette, and smoked Swiss or Gouda. I add rose preserves to the inside of the bread while cooking, and serve with a nice sav blanc. Bonus: can be made on the grill (bbq) easily.

“Regular?” What is that?

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Since this spring i eat only sourdough, but its homemade by me. My dear friend taught me all the tricks of making sourdough, it is an old Danish recipe, takes a few days before bread is ready. It was a kind of challenge for me :wink2:
Here it is:
IMG_2149.jpg
F15AB559-2988-4C5C-AC1B-17FD60ADAAF4.JPG
5C2A4DAD-F6B2-427D-9977-3BC647261108.JPG

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Roi this looks delish!!
I LOVE sourdough rye bread!
If you ask the French there's no such thing as a sourdough baguette...

Reactions: Roi

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I miss bread.;( But if I was still in bread eating mode sourdough all the way. Though with bread as is true with much of life variety is the spice and oooh there are so many varieties of bread I LOVE.

sourdough.jpg

bread-food-healthy-breakfast.jpg

bread.jpg

breadagain.jpg

bread2.jpg

bread3.jpg

Sigh. I miss all the amazing restaurants in NYC that offer the best bread baskets too. Not sure if they are still around but Bouley had one of the best bread offerings around. Amazing.

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Roi this looks delish!!
I LOVE sourdough rye bread!
If you ask the French there's no such thing as a sourdough baguette...

Thank you :D Both breads are from sourdough, just have different flower in it.
I'm sure that that French think so :rodent:, i could try and bake baguette from sourdough, the problem is i'm used to the taste and will not notice the difference, need some French here for tasting :angel:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
toss up...love them both equally lol...I adore bread

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
There’s a great little bakery in my town that makes wonderful sourdough bread, so.......:lickout:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Regular! For some reason I've never gotten a taste for sourdough. I just don't like it.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Team Sourdough!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's all just a vehicle for butter so any decent one is fine by me!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll have one of each with butter!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cannot stand sourdough! I'm a regular baguette kind of girl (and yes, it's ALL about the butter. Preferably Kerrygold!).

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I love bread & might be caught making a meal out of bread, olive oil & not much else. Butter is OK, but this is olive country - local butter is ignoble & fresh olive oil an event. This summer's favorite is a twice risen surdough, baked on a grill (flat & somewhat dense); I have not had enough yet by far.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If I start with some sourdough, the rest must be taken away. I will fight for it. YUM.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't eaten much bread for a long time.....on vacation I splurged and had a piece and a half bagel from my kids favorite bagel place in Pismo Beach. It was sourdough! It is the only bread that really tempts me.
If you are ever in Atascadero, DF, there is a wonderful bakery called Hush Harbor and they make the most divine sourdough. You can only get it on Saturday. Go early and have breakfast. You will be so glad you did.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results