Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you now think Trump will lose in Nov?

Do you now think Trump will lose in Nov?

• Yes

Votes: 69 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 60 45.1%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ItsMainelyYou

Brilliant_Rock

I don't understand how anyone who is American is sitting idly by/permissive while American institutions are being undermined and dismantled. This is an attack on us all, regardless of political affiliation.
He is infringing upon our Constitutionally protected rights. Any true conservative should vote against him, for this alone.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock

I don't understand how anyone who is American is sitting idly by/permissive while American institutions are being undermined and dismantled. This is an attack on us all, regardless of political affiliation.
He is infringing upon our Constitutionally protected rights. Any true conservative should vote against him, for this alone.
Thank you. I've been sitting on my hands about saying something like this, because I knew I would say it in a way that would probably get me banned.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock

You can bet there will be no USPS mail sorting equipment removals in Florida (or anywhere else Trump thinks he can win).

And yet there is no concern for the ~500k jobs the USPS creates. Of which 97k are veterans.

annagene12

Brilliant_Rock
I'm surprised there are 46 NOs on this poll. Just like across the US maybe there are a lot more silent PSer Trump supporters than we think.
I think you risk misunderstanding the poll results, but I don't want to make assumptions. Suggesting that people are polling that Trump will not lose does not equal they want Trump to win.

Just because I want something to happen, does not make it happen. Just because I don't want something to happen, does not stop it from happening.

I thought that Trump would win the first round. This was a wildly unpopular viewpoint in my corner of the world, because leftists pervade my urban community. And I don't mean democrats or even liberals - I mean leftists. I am extremely sensitive to my admission of "supposing he wins" being interpreted as support. I was outright accosted by peers, colleagues and even close friends for even suggesting that he might win, as though this somehow meant I supported Trump in any way, shape or form. I was accused of being a betrayer of my gender and all sorts of other things. I just refused to look away from what I didn't want to see. And I saw a country brimming with people who were deeply dissatisfied with the status quo, and whether they were right or not is not for me to determine. And, whether they sheltered those opinions in their hearts or shared them out loud, they used their voices in the voting booth.

I also do not enjoy living in an echo chamber where people gleefully exchange identical political views and accept it uncritically as "what is right" as they shut out the world beyond their own communities and assume anyone who disagrees with them is "wrong". We seem to constantly forget how precious it is that we live in a democracy. I think many Americans would happily deprive other Americans of their right to vote if it meant that Trump would never have been president. The POTUS is only a mockery if we make it so. I might have disdain for Trump, but I am more a nationalist than ever. I can be sad, angry, disappointed, but I don't get to undermine the systems and processes we have in place because I didn't get what I want and then expect that my vote matters the next time. No one holds a morally superior vote. I think what I find most appalling about all of this, isn't who the candidates are, but rather the vitriol, finger pointing and ugliness that Americans throw at each other from both sides with righteous indignation as though it isn't somehow EVERYONE's responsibility to be a good and decent person.

I tend to keep my collectivist, left of center views to myself 99% of the time. They have no home in either side of what has become a rather myopic, black & white debate.

My gut tells me that whoever wins, they will be a symptom, not a cause.

***edited for typos

msop04

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not think Biden is a pedophile and I also do not think he has inappropriate sexual designs on women. I think he is an old fashioned hugger and a toucher. He has to get the memo, if he has not yet gotten it, that it is no longer 1955. (I chose 1955, not 1950 because I hadn't been born yet in 1950, but I had been born by 1955.) None of his touches would offend me at all and I am a feminist, but I would tell him, if I were on his staff, not to do it. Because he is now out of step, although he would not have been in 1955, not because I question his motives or would personally have minded the touching he does.

Trump and Brett Kavanaugh, on the other hand, would be sleazy in 1955 or 1945 or 1935 or 2005. It isn't an old fashioned custom to whip out your private part at a party after too many beers. Nor is it an old fashioned custom to talk about grabbing women's genitals without their consent.

HUGE difference. Trump and Kavanaugh = sleazy.

Biden = Great Guy, but old fashioned.

I love Biden. He is compassionate. I don't care what the rest of you say.
Ahhhh, I see. An old-fashioned pedophile... way different and so much better than these GenX-Millennial pedos. Good catch. #oldfashionedpedogood

Bayek

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting post!

I do not understand it all though.

I think you are saying just because someone thinks Trump will win does not mean that they want him to win. I feel that Trump's win was a shock but I'm not sure - as has been stated since Trump won - that the left wants or wanted to change the election.

I had an Aunt who was 5 years older than I am, has a Masters from NYU in Russian history, a gay woman, lived with her partner or 35 years, until she died of lung cancer in '19 at age 72.. after she died her girlfriend told me that she and my aunt were Trump supporters and voted for him, they despised Hillary Clinton, why I asked but she didn't articulate well what the heck they hated about her but they both really hated Hillary, I was shocked in one way, my gay Aunt voted for Trump! WTF!!! after I thought about it I thought about WHY didnt my aunt tell me? again a WTF... I think she didn't tell me because she knew I would have freaked out, truth.. so I can understand why you felt the way you did I wish I could be more open to the right side, but I can't and I accept that.

BUT I am sorry you were so stuck when Trump was running.. unable to voice your thoughts to friends, family and coworkers about your thoughts. I never thought Trump would win until election night and I read Nate Silver at 538 and he said it looked as though it would go to Trump.. cue in another WTF! ... But here we are.

I have never been able to understand why a person supports Trump, I've read and read and read here and the only thing I can think of is that he appeals to the negative in people. I agree about living in an echo chamber, its a real pita to have no give and take and trying to understand and compromise to work towards a powerful, good, fair, kind and strong America.

As i said, I liked your post, thanks for posting it.

I think you risk misunderstanding the poll results, but I don't want to make assumptions. Suggesting that people are polling that Trump will not lose does not equal they want Trump to win.

Just because I want something to happen, does not make it happen. Just because I don't want something to happen, does not stop it from happening.

I thought that Trump would win the first round. This was a wildly unpopular viewpoint in my corner of the world, because leftists pervade my urban community. And I don't mean democrats or even liberals - I mean leftists. I am extremely sensitive to my admission of "supposing he wins" being interpreted as support. I was outright accosted by peers, colleagues and even close friends for even suggesting that he might win, as though this somehow meant I supported Trump in any way, shape or form. I was accused of being a betrayer of my gender and all sorts of other things. I just refused to look away from what I didn't want to see. And I saw a country brimming with people who were deeply dissatisfied with the status quo, and whether they were right or not is not for me to determine. And, whether they sheltered those opinions in their hearts or shared them out loud, they used their voices in the voting booth.

I also do not enjoy living in an echo chamber where people gleefully exchange identical political views and accept it uncritically as "what is right" as they shut out the world beyond their own communities and assume anyone who disagrees with them is "wrong". We seem to constantly forget how precious it is that we live in a democracy. I think many Americans would happily deprive other Americans of their right to vote if it meant that Trump would never have been president. The POTUS is only a mockery if we make it so. I might have disdain for Trump, but I am more a nationalist than ever. I can be sad, angry, disappointed, but I don't get to undermine the systems and processes we have in place because I didn't get what I want and then expect that my vote matters the next time. No one holds a morally superior vote. I think what I find most appalling about all of this, isn't who the candidates are, but rather the vitriol, finger pointing and ugliness that Americans throw at each other from both sides with righteous indignation as though it isn't somehow EVERYONE's responsibility to be a good and decent person.

I tend to keep my collectivist, left of center views to myself 99% of the time. They have no home in either side of what has become a rather myopic, black & white debate.

My gut tells me that whoever wins, they will be a symptom, not a cause.

***edited for typos

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhh, I see. An old-fashioned pedophile... way different and so much better than these GenX-Millennial pedos. Good catch. #oldfashionedpedogood
I was going to let this drop, but I don't think I should. We had a thread on Pricescope in which people wrote about their own experiences as children. Often children want to stay with abusive parents and, therefore, do not report abuse. I think all children should be encouraged to turn to responsible adults in their lives if anyone is hurting them or making them feel uncomfortable.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I have never been able to understand why a person supports Trump, I've read and read and read here and the only thing I can think of is that he appeals to the negative in people. I agree about living in an echo chamber, its a real pita to have no give and take and trying to understand and compromise to work towards a powerful, good, fair, kind and strong America.
It's not only the negative in people. When Trump first ran, lots of people voted for him because his pro-business stance meant good growth for the stock market and for business owners. I think there are a lot of Trump believers throwing their money into the stock market during this pandemic, so if they vote for their pocketbooks, that's at least one other reason to vote for Trump, albeit a greedy one for personal financial gain, or at least the belief of financial gain.

Every politician is a mixed bag, and you have to compromise with what you want and what you get.

People rank what matters to them differently. While gender identity/expression was one issue that should have mattered to your aunt, evidently it was not the most important issue to her. She could have had other reasons for voting for Trump (such as the more greedy stock market one) that mattered to her more and did not want to have a conversation with you about it, as you make it clear that you are for liberal values. I don't think that one automatically goes liberal on every issue, just because one happens to be gay.

ItsMainelyYou

Brilliant_Rock
I hope the same disgust and outrage will be expressed about these...
Why will he not willingly provide DNA to exonerate himself?

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a big surprise. Postal worker's union endorses Biden.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a big surprise. Postal worker's union endorses Biden.

4E2FAC74-D8B7-4C73-813B-F3497A1A3BA0.jpeg

A self-fulfilling prophecy.

avalonrose

Rough_Rock
I don't know who will win the election, but II used to be a Democrat. I'll tell you something though....II would never vote for them now. They have gone so far left, destroying our cities, federal buildings, etc. These people rioting don't care about black lives, or any lives at all. The're just white people intent on chaos and anarchy. And the Democratic candidates and leaders encourage all this civil unrest. This is just like the 1970s and it sucks. Until the Democrats can get their acts together I won't vote for any of them ever again. If I don't vote for Trump, I will probably write in a vote for somone.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know who will win the election, but II used to be a Democrat. I'll tell you something though....II would never vote for them now. They have gone so far left, destroying our cities, federal buildings, etc. These people rioting don't care about black lives, or any lives at all. The're just white people intent on chaos and anarchy. And the Democratic candidates and leaders encourage all this civil unrest. This is just like the 1970s and it sucks. Until the Democrats can get their acts together I won't vote for any of them ever again. If I don't vote for Trump, I will probably write in a vote for somone.
No clue where you got this idea, but it's patently incorrect. And those were were simply intent on causing unrest were often right wingers who wanted it to seem as though the protests were chaotic.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I live in eternal hope that Americans as a whole are smart enough not to re-elect this con man.....
I do too, but I'm too pragmatic and devoid of hope in humanity to think that they will. My old boss, a highly intelligent attorney at the top of her field, shocked me by admitting that she is a diehard Trumpist. It's not so much that she likes Dumbo, it's that she hated Hillary. And I totally understand her sentiment, because I hate Dumbo more than any other living being on the planet. I've known him for what he is for decades, since I first heard him speak on TV in relation to God knows what. I saw right through him because I've worked for MANY attorneys just like him. Egotistical, narcissistic, self-involved, power-hungry, sociopathic, unempathetic, self-centered pr!ck. He's never done one single thing to change my gut feeling about him.

However, I came on here to post about something my Aunt told me about mail-in voting that some may find helpful. My Aunt has been a poll worker for decades. Working for the Miami-Dade School Board, she was originally prodded by the Board to sign up since many voting places are at schools, and she's been doing it for every local and national election ever since. She's been assigned to multiple jobs within the system over the years. She told me NEVER to vote by mail. She said that mail-in votes are set aside and reviewed only when there is a very close race. So in a race where there is a large margin, those mail-in votes don't ever even get touched. She has seen those mail-in votes get shredded by the hundreds of thousands after an election. I won't be voting by mail.

avalonrose

Rough_Rock
If that's true about the right wingers, why did leaders of the Democratic party bail them out of jail?
Just one of many examples: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-bail-in-riot-torn-minneapolis-idUSKBN2360SZ

My neighbors across the street are young protesters/rioters who were actually arrested, and they are all voting for Biden.

And you have no clue where I got this info and it's patently incorrect???
All you had to do was look at the TV screen, see that it's mostly white people and they were tearing up cities and quite a lot of minority-owned business. Everyone saw this with their own eyes back in July. I hate to say it but the Democratic party is not the same as it was. It has to change before I'd vote for them again.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
I do too, but I'm too pragmatic and devoid of hope in humanity to think that they will. My old boss, a highly intelligent attorney at the top of her field, shocked me by admitting that she is a diehard Trumpist. It's not so much that she likes Dumbo, it's that she hated Hillary. And I totally understand her sentiment, because I hate Dumbo more than any other living being on the planet. I've known him for what he is for decades, since I first heard him speak on TV in relation to God knows what. I saw right through him because I've worked for MANY attorneys just like him. Egotistical, narcissistic, self-involved, power-hungry, sociopathic, unempathetic, self-centered pr!ck. He's never done one single thing to change my gut feeling about him.

However, I came on here to post about something my Aunt told me about mail-in voting that some may find helpful. My Aunt has been a poll worker for decades. Working for the Miami-Dade School Board, she was originally prodded by the Board to sign up since many voting places are at schools, and she's been doing it for every local and national election ever since. She's been assigned to multiple jobs within the system over the years. She told me NEVER to vote by mail. She said that mail-in votes are set aside and reviewed only when there is a very close race. So in a race where there is a large margin, those mail-in votes don't ever even get touched. She has seen those mail-in votes get shredded by the hundreds of thousands after an election. I won't be voting by mail.
that sounds highly illegal and unconstitutional
why has no one blown a whistle on this
(or got a louder whistle)

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is outrageous. I know for a fact that ALL mail in votes are counted in my district (which is in Maine).

I believe it is inevitable that the US will break up. I wish it could be done peacefully and in my lifetime.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oregon has mail-in voting. There are plenty of drop boxes placed throughout cities and towns for people who prefer that over dropping in the mail. I think those drop boxes will be popular this year. All of our ballots received by the deadline are counted.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
that sounds highly illegal and unconstitutional
why has no one blown a whistle on this
(or got a louder whistle)
That is outrageous. I know for a fact that ALL mail in votes are counted in my district (which is in Maine)...
I agree. She also reminded me, as an example, and I remember when I was still in FL, the race between Georgie Jr. and Gore in 2000. I still have the Miami Herald newspaper saying Gore won, but he did not, because "missing" mail-in ballots were found by dear brother Jeb.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I have not heard of anywhere that mail-in ballots are not counted if. received on or before Election Day. Provisional ballots (some of which could have been mailed) are not counted because they have not been verified. If a race is close such that those ballots could have an impact on the results, then efforts are taken to Determine voter eligibility and count them Once verified.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I have not heard of anywhere that mail-in ballots are not counted if. received on or before Election Day. Provisional ballots (some of which could have been mailed) are not counted because they have not been verified. If a race is close such that those ballots could have an impact on the results, then efforts are taken to Determine voter eligibility and count them Once verified.
I'm just repeating what she told me based on the protocol where she lives, and with inside information. I don't know how it relates to other areas or how they do things. I have my opinions but I'm not politically savvy, as I've stated in the past, and am not in the mood to quibble. I only had something pertinent to add.

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
I'm just repeating what she told me based on the protocol where she lives, and with inside information. I don't know how it relates to other areas or how they do things. I have my opinions but I'm not politically savvy, as I've stated in the past, and am not in the mood to quibble. I only had something pertinent to add.
you definatly added something very worrying to the topic at hand

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I appreciate the insight. I always wondered how it was possible to call the winner on the same night...like what about the absentee ballots?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Horses for Courses: Polo Match Jewelry
    Horses for Courses: Polo Match Jewelry
    An Excellent K Color Graded Diamond
    An Excellent K Color Graded Diamond
    Astounding AVR
    Astounding AVR

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.