Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you now think Trump will lose in Nov?

Do you now think Trump will lose in Nov?

• Yes

Votes: 69 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 60 45.1%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Orangie will lose, obfuscate his refusal to leave by claiming election shenanigans ... saying, "I didn't really lose because of X, Y, and Z." :rolleyes:

Our orange infantile narcissist in chief will bask in the only thing that matters to him, massive domestic and international attention.
Nutjob orangite Murkans will go on the warpath for him.
Considerable civil defense chaos will ensue.

Eventually he'll be removed (didn't Nancy Pelosi say she'd have the White House fumigated? :lol:) and the shamed republican party will be humiliated and lick its wounds for years.

Millions of defeated orangites will look for their next goon to make America great again.

Last edited:

Bayek

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously? do you REALLY think Biden would do any worse that Trump's AXIOS fiasco, if you want to see the real and unscripted Trump watch and read Axios, he came across as uniformed, doddering and uneducated and plain scary.. pronunciations totally incorrect, fact check real time showed his lying for what it is; lying. unless they wheel Biden out and he's drooling he couldn't do ANY worse than Trump just did, truly it was pitiful.

Agree, however debates won't happen. Excuses/conditions/demands will be made; anything to avoid Biden going one on one against Trump. Biden is not often seen publicly now, even more rarely will he take questions!
The DNC and his camp are well aware that presidential debates are widely broadcast and highly viewed. Thus a debate against Trump would showcase Joe in all his unedited, unscripted glory for all the voters to see... and that just wouldn't do.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Seriously? do you REALLY think Biden would do any worse that Trump's AXIOS fiasco, if you want to see the real and unscripted Trump watch and read Axios, he came across as uniformed, doddering and uneducated and plain scary.. pronunciations totally incorrect, fact check real time showed his lying for what it is; lying. unless they wheel Biden out and he's drooling he couldn't do ANY worse than Trump just did, truly it was pitiful.
Have you seen this:

:lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's because Republicans are making them! Repubs have always been better than Dems at this kind of thing. Look how nasty they are being to poor Jared.

https://lincolnproject.us/news/secretary-of-failure/
The link doesn't work for me. It takes me to a page that says, "forbidden". Did the page get rerouted byTrump? ;))

PS-Don't worry. I saw it by going to The Lincoln Project website.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With so many Dems here I'm surprised there's only 13 votes difference b/t yes & no.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wish she would run, but that would be for the country, rather than for her. I don't think she would be that happy being president.
I am curious, why would you want her to be president? Don't get me wrong, I like her, a lot. I liked Laura Bush too. But IMO, First Lady is not a public office, it's a nice title that allows you to have a platform for pet causes - like being a duchess in England. Michele would have to hold some sort of public office before I would consider her to be a suitable presidential candidate.

LLJsmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am curious, why would you want her to be president? Don't get me wrong, I like her, a lot. I liked Laura Bush too. But IMO, First Lady is not a public office, it's a nice title that allows you to have a platform for pet causes - like being a duchess in England. Michele would have to hold some sort of public office before I would consider her to be a suitable presidential candidate.
She is a good, decent, thoughtful, intelligent, informed, wise, and more selfless than selfish, and honest person. There current person shows that you don’t need to have held office to hold the office of president. But at a minimum the person should have the traits I mentioned above IMO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gracie for President. I mean she cannot do a worse job that what you know who is doing. IMO.

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 7.34.37 AM.png

Or, for those who really want Mr Orange in office again how about this "orange" substitute? I promise he will surpass the original orange easily. :lol:

olivercloseup.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 7.34.02 AM.png

Orange cat GOOD.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am really not going to speculate because it all comes down to what degree the vote is going to be suppressed in this coming election. If everyone who is legally allowed to vote and wants to vote votes, most likely Trump as well as many Republicans are out of office. Even Republicans privately, and sometimes publically admit their strategy at this point is to supress the vote. We saw during the midterms that people are energized to vote out the Republican party, especially people most associated with Trump.

There's the whole uncertantity of mail in ballots. I know many people would prefer and intend on voting by mail. But Trump has already made his intentions clear that the USPS, which is or at least should be federally protected from interference is seen as an obstacle to his re election and hence a target..The new postmaster is a huge donor of him and is "loyal" to him. I already have friends who say, they intend to vote by mail (they are older, or have health conditions) but don't have confidence whether or not their ballots will be counted. Not that all votes will not be counted, but that there will be "delays" in counting votes from certain counties or polling locations. I don't have any way of reassuring them given the last 4 years. We are in a very different place democracy-wise now, than where we were 4 years ago.Let's just say, Trump is "not a fan" of pillars or bedrock of democracy: freedom of press. Freedom of speech. Freedom of peaceful assembly. Term limits. Free and fair elections. Elections without foreign interference. He has actively attacked, criticized, undermined all those areas. Trump couldn't have done it without the aiding and abetting and at least tacit approval of the Republican party. The goal posts of what is considered normal and acceptable behavior from the President has been so warped, we are at risk for losing our Democracy without a shot being fired (well, give or take a few thousand pepper ball bullets and batons swings).

Trump regarding China's president: "He’s now president for life. President for life. And he’s great. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll give that a shot someday.” Our president of the United States, publically admires a dictator who consolidated power under the president and did away with term limits. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-43361276

Last edited:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She is a good, decent, thoughtful, intelligent, informed, wise, and more selfless than selfish, and honest person. There current person shows that you don’t need to have held office to hold the office of president. But at a minimum the person should have the traits I mentioned above IMO.
I agree with all of this.

But, although you don't *need* to have held an office to be POTUS, look how that's working out for us now.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I would certainly admit that Michelle is more qualified than the current potus to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the potus
She is intelligent, has a law degree and understanding of the constitution. But she and her family got death threats when they were in office. She did an admirable gracious, classy job, but it was not her choice or something she wanted, to be first lady. She did it to support her husband. If people think she wants to be president or vice president, obviously haven't read her book or her views on the subject.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I would certainly admit that Michelle is more qualified than the current potus to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the potus
She is intelligent, has a law degree and understanding of the constitution. But she and her family got death threats when they were in office. She did an admirable gracious, classy job, but it was not her choice or something she wanted, to be first lady. She did it to support her husband. If people think she wants to be president or vice president, obviously haven't read her book or her views on the subject.
Agree with all the above.

I also think anyone who wants this job is a little crazy. Under the best of circumstances. But hoping for more smart than crazy with our next election. Please.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I agree with everything except for more selfless than selfish. It takes a lot to be selfless, including running for public office. Not running for public office is a selfish decision that I respect that will help her project her family. I think you can be a completely selfish person, but ethically selfish, so that you don't cross the boundary between public good and private good, and still be a great POTUS. I don't think the office requires selflessness but just solid ethics and discernment, neither of which Donald Trump has.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Well I would certainly admit that Michelle is more qualified than the current potus....
...She is intelligent, has a law degree and understanding of the constitution. But she and her family got death threats when they were in office. She did an admirable gracious, classy job, but it was not her choice or something she wanted, to be first lady. She did it to support her husband. If people think she wants to be president or vice president, obviously haven't read her book or her views on the subject.
I agree 100%. Michelle dislikes politics and unless she does an about face, will not run for anything. She and Barack are very civic-minded and have tried to have a positive impact on youths in particular. They both have a soft spot for kids.

I posted a link to her free audiobook, Becoming, recently. I just finished it for a second time, it's that good and so inspirational.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But, although you don't *need* to have held an office to be POTUS, look how that's working out for us now.
I don't think the main problem with Trump was his lack of experience in elected office. I think the problem lay in what voters valued. Would you prefer Michelle Obama or Louis Gohmert? (I just looked up his experience. He has oodles of it. Enough to choke a horse. The man is an atavistic imbecile)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think the main problem with Trump was his lack of experience in elected office. I think the problem lay in what voters valued. Would you prefer Michelle Obama or Louis Gohmert? (I just looked up his experience. He has oodles of it. Enough to choke a horse. The man is an atavistic imbecile)
More experience than Biden? :read:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    An Excellent K Color Graded Diamond
    An Excellent K Color Graded Diamond
    Astounding AVR
    Astounding AVR
    Cushion Cut- Three Ways
    Cushion Cut- Three Ways

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.