shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you know what this abbreviation means? Those of you in the industry needed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hi everyone,

I went back to a local jewelry store to look at a semi-mount I really like. One of the things it said on the little tag is:

GABW-ER2760

The guy said that was the company. I had a similar previous post where I said that I had "GAB" written on the back of a business card from the jewelry store, and again, at that time they said GAB was the company. So now I have more complete information. So if any of you jewelers, or otherwise, can help me out it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Bankshot

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 8:25:44 PM
Author:MidwestDiamondHunter
Hi everyone,

I went back to a local jewelry store to look at a semi-mount I really like. One of the things it said on the little tag is:

GABW-ER2760

The guy said that was the company. I had a similar previous post where I said that I had ''GAB'' written on the back of a business card from the jewelry store, and again, at that time they said GAB was the company. So now I have more complete information. So if any of you jewelers, or otherwise, can help me out it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Bankshot
GABW is probably their supplier of the mounting. ER probably means engagement ring 2760 could be their stock number or the supplier''s model number.

see if gabw is listed under trademarks in the www.uspto.gov site. You can search there, but an inventory tag may not be the same as the supplier''s registered trademark. Registered trademark MIGHT be stamped into the inner shank of the ring.

It sounds like you''re attempting to locate this mounting for a less expensive price. The supplier will not probably sell the item to you. If the only sell to authrized dealers, you already know two of them. If their prices are similar, asking someone to copy the item, isn''t exactly kosher, and if you find someone who would, chances are the quality would be substandard to that of the original supplier, as they have the original molds etc. Additionally if the design was patented, they would be infringment.

Rockdoc

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Welcome Midwest
35.gif

As a sidebar to Rocdoc's answer...sometimes retailers use a series of letters to represent "cost" or "retail."
These are "codes" which are different for every store. Unless you know the code...the letters will mean nothing to you. The letters mentioned in your post, however, appear to
be a manufacturer's abbreviation.

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Thank you both for your thoughtful replies.

Rock Doc, I appreciate your detail. Thank you. You are correct that I am attempting to locate the setting at a lesser price. However, I''m doing this for simply the same reason I''m not going to buy my diamond at a B&M -- Markup.

My primary hope is that an online dealer (any of which are supported by PS) would be able to order the setting for me through that supplier and offer it to me at a lesser markup. Is this a reasonable task? I would think because diamonds are marked up less online, the settings would be less as well.

Again, I appreciate your thoughts. And if you or anyone else has further comments I would love to hear them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results