shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have jewelry you don’t wear that you’ve retweaked?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I reset my dear mom’s diamond solitaire into a three stone ring with sapphire sides with David Klass. DD designed it with infinity-like bezels.
I am excited to see your new ring! Another gorgeous band to add to your collection!!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@elizat I agree..I’m starting to look hard at some of my pieces I don’t wear for some reason or another..haha

I did this a bit ago.

As a result, I have a few projects happening.

A long Edwardian pendant is being tuned into earrings and a ring, an opal ring is becoming a bangle that I will hopefully wear. I have an empty center on a three stone ring after removing a diamond too. I do prefer to see if things can renovate v sell at a rock bottom loss.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought an expensive bar set diamond baguette and round anniversary band many years ago on impulse. I never liked the bar set stones. The diamonds are high quality and set in platinum. I wear it for a day but I just didn’t like it. I found myself looking for a prong set band that wasn’t bar set. It never occurred to me to just have David Klass redo the ring with prongs. I just got my cad back. It’s a simple tweak but I’m very excited to add this new band to my rotation.
This is the before.. DCB44117-86EF-4307-A8A9-58487A94D2DD.jpeg
This the cad David just sent me..
D42AC379-1530-4A4B-A293-84D4FC27E060.jpeg
I can’t wait to get it! I would love to see jewelry that you tweaked and now wear.

Oooo!! Can't wait to see it!!! I have a very similar ring to your bar set one.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I reset my dear mom’s diamond solitaire into a three stone ring with sapphire sides with David Klass. DD designed it with infinity-like bezels.
I am excited to see your new ring! Another gorgeous band to add to your collection!!

@Slick1 Thank you!
I love that you used your mom’s diamond to make your three stone. Please post a pic of it..
I have my grandma’s ering..I’ve never met her as she died before I was born...The diamond isn’t great...I’m trying to decide what to do with it. The ring is so small..and can’t be resized. It sits lonely in my jewelry box. I may send it to David to have him help me decide.

mjea

Shiny_Rock
@mjea That is an amazing and wonderful transformation! I love that you took many pieces and made the one beautiful piece!

Thank you! Some of the diamonds are not as nice as the others but it’s ok I think overall I’m so happy with the look of the pieces - especially the cluster earrings and ring :P2

MelMc

Rough_Rock
Hi Mamabee. Below is a picture of the sapphire and diamond band. Sorry for the horrid picture but I'm at work and the lighting is terrible in my office. But the picture reminds me that the other sapphire ring I'm wearing today is also a rework. It originally had a diamond but it looked a little too 80s bridal and I never wore it so I had the diamond swapped out for a light colored sapphire I had. The diamond is still waiting for it's turn.
20210330_1009362.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a pair of sapphire dangle earrings that I just loved but really had no place to wear them so they sat in my jewelry box. I had them reworked into two separate pairs that I now wear quite often. It worked out because one pair is a little dressier than the other pair so I have the best of both worlds.

IMG_5098.JPG

DSC_0994.JPG

DSC_3886[1].jpg

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
David is working on a twofer for me. Taking the emerald cuts from two rings and making a three stone trellis with them.

Of the two rings, one I had stopped wearing for the same reason as the original poster as I’d grown tired of a bar setting set up. The other I still wore a good deal but the band showed that I’d worn it a lot in the ten years I’d owned it. Knocked and banged all to hell And I’d chipped the girdle on a side stone, so it needed to come out for a polish up anyway.

And as this is a custom piece, I get to have the double murder kitty claw style prongs I adore on emerald cut stones. The center will be double prongs and the side stones will be single ones - but sharpened kitty claw style, too.

And with gold being so high in price right now, it’s the time to do it if you’re going to scrap an old setting!

The donor patients...

56E027C4-2F4B-4725-A7D1-9CAB35B6C140.jpeg

The CAD of the new ring...
D7F8D6AE-27B0-42F5-BBAA-C8BA7B942206.jpeg

Last edited:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had this ring made using diamonds from my mom's engagement ring, my grandmother's engagement and wedding rings, a diamond from a ring my dad gave me when I was a young girl, and diamonds from my husband's wedding band that no longer fit him. My goal was to have those sentimental diamonds in one place, so I didn't have to choose which one to wear on my right hand.

I did keep the original settings in case my daughter wants to restore them.

The diamonds are vintage, but really lovely. Unfortunately, they don't photograph well.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Mamabee. Below is a picture of the sapphire and diamond band. Sorry for the horrid picture but I'm at work and the lighting is terrible in my office. But the picture reminds me that the other sapphire ring I'm wearing today is also a rework. It originally had a diamond but it looked a little too 80s bridal and I never wore it so I had the diamond swapped out for a light colored sapphire I had. The diamond is still waiting for it's turn.
20210330_1009362.jpg
Your bands are beautiful @MelMc The color of the sapphire in the floral ring is so pretty.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a pair of sapphire dangle earrings that I just loved but really had no place to wear them so they sat in my jewelry box. I had them reworked into two separate pairs that I now wear quite often. It worked out because one pair is a little dressier than the other pair so I have the best of both worlds.

IMG_5098.JPG

DSC_0994.JPG

DSC_3886[1].jpg

OMG @Catmom...This reset is top shelf gorgeous! Beautiful!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
David is working on a twofer for me. Taking the emerald cuts from two rings and making a three stone trellis with them.

Of the two rings, one I had stopped wearing for the same reason as the original poster as I’d grown tired of a bar setting set up. The other I still wore a good deal but the band showed that I’d worn it a lot in the ten years I’d owned it. Knocked and banged all to hell And I’d chipped the girdle on a side stone, so it needed to come out for a polish up anyway.

And as this is a custom piece, I get to have the double murder kitty claw style prongs I adore on emerald cut stones. The center will be double prongs and the side stones will be single ones - but sharpened kitty claw style, too.

And with gold being so high in price right now, it’s the time to do it if you’re going to scrap an old setting!

The donor patients...

The reset will be gorgeous @caolsen! What will you do with the yellow stone?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
20200210_134653-COLLAGE.jpg
I had this ring made using diamonds from my mom's engagement ring, my grandmother's engagement and wedding rings, a diamond from a ring my dad gave me when I was a young girl, and diamonds from my husband's wedding band that no longer fit him. My goal was to have those sentimental diamonds in one place, so I didn't have to choose which one to wear on my right hand.

I did keep the original settings in case my daughter wants to restore them.

The diamonds are vintage, but really lovely. Unfortunately, they don't photograph well.

I remember this @Diamond Girl 21 The ring is beautiful..It reminds me of a memory quilt but in diamonds...Gorgeous..I love the sentiment too..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
David is going to do some sketches for a pendant. We’d use the yellow sapphire and the rounds and baguettes as a surround :)

That’s such a great idea! I can’t wait to see it!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The donor patients...

Oh! That’s going to be gorgeous!!!! Can’t wait to see it!!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Your revamp is going to be gorgeous! I actually did something similar with an eternity band and had DK do it. No regrets whatsoever.

IMG_5098.JPG

DSC_0994.JPG

DSC_3886[1].jpg

This is SO COOL! At first glance, I thought you had to add a bunch of stones to each pair to create new earrings. But then I realized the original piece was practically meant to be separate into two gorgeous pairs. What a great eye you have! So glad they're much more wearable to you now. They look amazing!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is SO COOL! At first glance, I thought you had to add a bunch of stones to each pair to create new earrings. But then I realized the original piece was practically meant to be separate into two gorgeous pairs. What a great eye you have! So glad they're much more wearable to you now. They look amazing!

Thanks!! I lucked out that I only had to add the pears to the one set.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your revamp is going to be gorgeous! I actually did something similar with an eternity band and had DK do it. No regrets whatsoever.

That was an amazing transformation @Muluver! I couldn’t tell they were carre cuts until the redo..It came out great! You have me thinking about redoing my BG three quarter eternity band. Hmmmm..

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
25 Years ago, I reset my mom's ering stone into a bezel necklace that I wear regularly
12 years ago, I reset my ering stone
2 years ago, I put an oec moissanite into Mom's original setting
1 year ago, I put a marquise moissanite into my original setting.
I'm currently thinking about resetting my ering stone and a stone that was my grandmother's into a three stone setting for a right hand ring, since I tend to wear one of the moissy rings now. I need to get a third stone and of course, choose a jeweler and setting.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I reset two rings from my mum into a bracelet and a bangle, here are their threads:

ID-style bracelet with carré cut stones

1.94ct MRB bangle

I don't like MRBs as rings, and the carré cut ring was too small for my middle RH finger and too large for RH ring finger. I already have 2 diamond-only RHRs that I love to wear, hence I decided to re-purpose the two rings into something I could wear on my wrist so that I could appreciate them more.

DK :))

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to play! So I hope that this qualifies even though this is just a simple reset. So I had my tanzanite set into an old setting that used to house my 2.50 mrb. I call it a tweak bc Due to the smaller size, this tanzanite changes the overall look of this setting.
7035D413-B7A1-4422-94AF-5B06EA298B0E.jpeg

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
I had an eternity band and 3/4 eternity band both with 20 pt. Diamonds that I was no longer wearing. I’m in the process of having a necklace made with 7 stations on an 18” chain. The stations are still rough and I need to meet to discuss changes in the chain but below is a rough idea. F43C5C88-CDB8-4FC5-BCB5-F4E20FB526CA.jpeg 23CF6151-9134-49A4-9973-F2A5A802068F.jpeg

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had an eternity band and 3/4 eternity band both with 20 pt. Diamonds that I was no longer wearing. I’m in the process of having a necklace made with 7 stations on an 18” chain. The stations are still rough and I need to meet to discuss changes in the chain but below is a rough idea. F43C5C88-CDB8-4FC5-BCB5-F4E20FB526CA.jpeg 23CF6151-9134-49A4-9973-F2A5A802068F.jpeg

I just did a little gasp - this is going to be beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results