shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a "Type"?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I thought this would be kind of a fun, silly thread. :bigsmile:

Looking back over the years, I realize that the men I've found attractive all have black hair and blue eyes. The hair is conservatively cut, preferably without facial hair. I also prefer at least six feet tall. Upon reflection, most of my ex-boyfriends looked this way. I think the guy on White Collar (on Netflix) is cute, as well as Riker on Star Trek (he gets a free pass on the beard years, it worked on him).

Luckily, DH fits this bill. :naughty:

Do you have a "type" of guy that you think is cute?

Does your SO fall into your type?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
My "type" is usually any attractive guy that is nicely dressed - especially in a nice suit/tie. I prefer men that put effort into their appearance and/or men that are stylish.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Do You Have a "Type"?

Great question! It's funny, I dated what I thought was my type for years. I met my DH because a co-worker of mine was interested in him and begged me to talked to him for her. BTW my co-worker at the time was 7 months pregnant. Anywho, he was the COMPLETE opposite of what I liked. He asked me out that night, I figured what heck. He came over that night and never left, we will celebrate 21 years of marriage in November:)

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My "type" is not physical. I've been attracted to guys between 5'5" to 6'5'. They have to be witty and intelligent though. Of they have a brilliant mind, I'm all over that. Most my exes are scientists or engineers. My husband is both.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes my type is a man who is funny, smart, generous and kind and who has a sharp wit. Edgy but caring. I also enjoy a good debate and have always been attracted to men who give me a good mental workout. As for physical type no I don't have any narrow parameters of what defines attractive. I have dated dark haired men, light haired men, blue eyes, brown eyes tall, not tall, etc. I found them all attractive but for me it is the personality that makes or breaks someone re attractiveness. Not the physical. Oh except for facial hair. I hate that.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes!!! Computer science or electrical engineering major, blue eyes, plays/played in a band. At least 5'10". I like turkey thighs and badonkadonk butt but DH sadly has no booty!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like a man that works with his hands...not a desk type guy...I prefer tall, thin, dark hair and blue eyes!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with diamondrnglover.
Tall, thin, dark hair. Works with hands, creative, artistic, smart, funny, always knows "final Jeopardy"!
I actually found one of these, and think I will keep him!

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Intelligent and quick witted. I could only do beautiful and dumb for about 30 days.Dark hair, average height and NOT thin. Touching/hugging thin people weirds me out. I feel terrible for people who have to touch me since I am extremely thin. Thank goodness DH's type is tall and thin.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes my type is hairy and barrel chested. Beards have become popular in the last 5 years but I've sought out men (boys) with beards sense I was 14 lol. And I don't just mean beard. I mean hary arms, hairy chest.
I've also always been attracted to large noses :lol:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Intelligent, quick witted and compassionate.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to be able to laugh, so a crazy/weird/sarcastic sense of humor is the main thing for me. I find physically I am attracted to darker haired guys (or bald, I dig a bald head)..it's not hard to be taller than I, seeing as how I'm 5ft, but generally the guys I dated were quite a bit taller. I like muscles, broad chests-not necessarily huge/body builder physiques, just not thin-I want to be able to see some nice biceps. Athletic-weights or fighting or martial arts etc. I like voices-I went out w/a couple guys who would otherwise be my "type" but didn't have a voice that made my knees weak. A commanding presence. Guys who enjoy some of the things I do, certain types of music, tattoos, cats. If you don't like cats, sorry, see ya, wouldn't wanna be ya. JD had to convert to cat liking. I won't listen to a guys music that I don't like if he refuses to listen to what I like. And I am not going to stop getting tattoos so if a guy doesn't like them, well, too bad so sad. I dated a guy who thought tattoos were ugly and that I was "ruining" my beauty. I did not marry him ha! I like a worker, someone who isn't afraid to get dirty/sweaty. Don't touch me if you're all sweaty and stinky tho, I just want to know you aren't a shrinking violet about physical labor.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a type, and it's purely physical :bigsmile:

Tall, not-too-thin, blue eyes, pale, blond or light brown hair - pretty much the opposite of my colouring and height...

I've dated geniuses and dolts - they all had the same sort of look. I married for mind-clean (he's the smartest guy I've ever met) - but he jokes that I wouldn't have given him a second look if he didn't have blue eyes. And... Yeah, he's probably right :halo:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep typing and deleting. I cannot write and post what I would like to post without being fairly crude.

:naughty:

I do like those dark, hairy guys. Hey, where is Kenny??? We need some funny memes in here to really set the tone.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

_34895.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well dressed, stylish, clean cut with a little edge. No sloppiness.

(momhappy seems like we like the same kind of men!)

And I love a guy who makes me laugh.

DH is all of the above. ::)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personality: Soft spoken, cultured and intelligent.
Physical: Very little body hair, no facial hair, and androgynous.
Habits: Non smoker, non drinker, and non gambler.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1444907039|3938471 said:

Wow! Spot on!! After reading through some of the responses, I realized that I posted only what my initial attraction is in terms of the physical stuff (stylish, clean cut, well-dressed), but then I was going to add what keeps it going beyond that. The biggest one for me is a sense of humor - I like funny guys, so yes, we certainly do seem to like the same type!!! :D

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
iLander|1444856366|3938296 said:
I thought this would be kind of a fun, silly thread. :bigsmile:

Looking back over the years, I realize that the men I've found attractive all have black hair and blue eyes. The hair is conservatively cut, preferably without facial hair. I also prefer at least six feet tall. Upon reflection, most of my ex-boyfriends looked this way. I think the guy on White Collar (on Netflix) is cute, as well as Riker on Star Trek (he gets a free pass on the beard years, it worked on him).

Luckily, DH fits this bill. :naughty:

Do you have a "type" of guy that you think is cute?

Does your SO fall into your type?
Yep. Giant, refrigerator type guys who are way taller than me and are hilarious. If they are not funny and don't appreciate sarcasm, we will not do well together. As far as hair and eyes, that's never been a requirement, though DH and the two prior were all blue eyes. DH is bald, and shaves what's left, but has a long goatee and if he had hair it would be (gray) red.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1444910503|3938479 said:
CJ2008|1444907039|3938471 said:

Wow! Spot on!! After reading through some of the responses, I realized that I posted only what my initial attraction is in terms of the physical stuff (stylish, clean cut, well-dressed), but then I was going to add what keeps it going beyond that. The biggest one for me is a sense of humor - I like funny guys, so yes, we certainly do seem to like the same type!!! :D

Cool :bigsmile:

I think you and are the same as far as caring about being stylish in general (for us) too.

Does funny for you replace serious? Seems like a contradiction - but I like serious / intense guys - not obnoxious or loud. That's what would attract me first. But he also needs to be funny and know how to make me laugh.

I love how Chrono did it, even listing the habits.

For sure...needs to be a non-drinker (or light/social drinker), non-smoker, non-gambler. Any of those things would be deal breakers for me.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Everyone seems to be describing my husband exactly. :shock:

Except for Matata. :lol:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My only thing is that I don't like skinny/thin men. I don't care much about height, as long as they are as tall as me (5'8) or taller. I prefer bigger guys, either muscular or just built bigger, hair, skin, eye colour don't matter much. I need someone who challenges me intellectually, not a push over and someone who is not afraid to speak their mind.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Matata|1444884647|3938419 said:

OMG, this looks very much like my 30 day beautiful but not intellectually gifted.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting topic.

Type is one of those words with more than one connotation.
It can be who you'd select to befriend, date, get more serious with, or even who's suitable in every way to commit to and marry.
Alternately, it can be who you'd select for ... you know ... :Up_to_something: :oops: but nothing more, whether or not you sleep around (there's always fantasy).

Then there is the purely physical vs. every other aspect of the person.
Then there's who you would actually go for vs. who you'd only ... uhm ... 'think' about. :naughty:

Next there's the thing about having an SO, so you feel no longer free to look at another man, especially one different from the one you've committed to.

Lastly there's your gut attraction vs. what you can rationalize.
I think some people are out of touch with their gut desires.
They 'behave' and pick the partner they have been socialized to pick.
IOW, I should find X attractive, but secretly I really find Y attractive.

Sheesh Kenny, just answer the queston! :roll:

Okay first the physical ...
Put me with the gals who prefer a big refrigerator of a man, thick & wide with naturally big chest and arms.
Pumped up from the gym or from steroids is less preferred.
Generally the more hair the better, up to a point.
Thick dense facial hair that reaches the lips, further down the neck than usual and further up the cheeks than usual, bushy eyebrows.
Intact.
I'm not attracted to obesity, some are and to each his own, but a higher BMI does not put me off as it does so many in our culture.
The guy on the cover of GQ, very lean and hairless, does nothing for me.

The rest of the guy ...
Masculine, not feminine or androgynous.
I dont' care how he dresses ... actually all perfect and prissy is a turn off.
Outgoing extravert who lights up a room.
Honest and responsible.
Income and education level is of lower importance, but he must be very intelligent and have a good work ethic.
Respectful of diversity, even in his SO.
Atheist, or at least 'gets' that religions apply only to members.

_691.png

_692.png

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sofia Vergara stole my dreamboat.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun thread.

_34898.jpg

_34899.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I had a "type" and the guys who I had crushes on or dated fit the slim not too too tall, dark and handsome mold. "Beautiful" men. Definitely dark hair, dark eyes dark eyelashes a plus. A large majority of them happened to be musicians (bass guitar typically, I have no idea why). But- my husband broke the mold. He is taller, burlier, fair-skinned with curly dark brownish/reddish hair. Does have brown eyes, and his hair is more dark than light and he IS good looking though. I realized somewhere along the way went with good-looking broody type guys who were maybe a little too introspective and also never liked or hung out with my friends and so kind of isolated me a bit, while my husband is friends with everyone, gregarious, not uptight. I guess I realized that someone different from me better complemented me. Oh I guess I should also say he is also very smart and widely read, and honest, and I don't know, is interesting, because he keeps learning about things.

So Kenny, sounds like you like bears? My husband has been told he would be considered a bear. Many moons ago we were in a museum and he was wearing his overalls, and none other than Billy Zane was giving him quite the eye!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always prefer dark hair and brown eyes. Of course, I've only ever dated blue-eye blonds. Go figure.

I also like tall and athletic men - my husband is six and a half feet tall, but not athletic at all. But that's okay since all the athletic dudes I dated did not really have great personalities. Great abs, yes, but unforgivably dull. Personalitywise I like nerdy/geeky bookworms. I remember being so impressed by my husband since he was the first guy I ever dated who didn't need me to constantly define words that I used in conversation. I also like people with really strong work ethic and at least a moderate amount of ambition - I have a wavering and inconstant work ethic and zero ambition so people who are opposite that always seem very admirable to me.

Also, I think all these "size doesn't matter"/"it's the motion of the ocean" people are just straight-up LYING LIARS WHO LIE. Sorry, boys, not only must you be this tall to ride, you've got to meet a length requirement as well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Physically this dude has been my favorite forever:
https://www.google.com/search?q=andres+velencoso&hl=en&biw=1321&bih=868&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMItJXWtYfEyAIVV9hjCh2Q5QxV&dpr=0.9

GOD THE GUY ON WHITE COLLAR. Yes. Blue eyes but I can deal. I can so, so deal.

Niel|1444870390|3938365 said:
Yes my type is hairy and barrel chested. Beards have become popular in the last 5 years but I've sought out men (boys) with beards sense I was 14 lol. And I don't just mean beard. I mean hary arms, hairy chest.
I've also always been attracted to large noses :lol:

So... Orthodox Jews must really do it for you, huh?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1444939691|3938641 said:
So Kenny, sounds like you like bears?
My husband has been told he would be considered a bear.
Many moons ago we were in a museum and he was wearing his overalls, and none other than Billy Zane was giving him quite the eye!

I didn't know Billy Zane swings that way too.
He did a very effective acting job in that film, Dead Calm.
He has a very handsome face, but that's it for me type-wise.

Yeah, you better keep that hunky husbear of yours on a short leash. GRRR! :lol:
Or ... you could get him a shirt ...

screen_shot_2015-10-15_at_2.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results