• Yes

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 84.5%

• Total voters

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH does and it irks me to no end. I think it's inconsiderate especially since it so simple to mark your page without leaving a mark on the book.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, if it's your book then fine but you wouldn't (hopefully) do that if a friend lent you a book so even though it's less personal, a library book is no different.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.

I think it's bc I'm a cat mama and I also don't like creases.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh no no. Bad. Use a tape flag or bookmark. I won't even do it in books that are mine.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buy your DH a really cool book mark.
I found this one for my DH at an art show. It was made by a local metal artist.
Support your local artists!

IMG_20170516_205832682_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a monster. I only do it to paperbacks, though!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaaaaaaah Nooooooooo Sacrilegious, heinous, bad very very baaaaaaaad. A pox upon those who desecrate a book that they do not own. Fire, brimstone, the fleas of a 1000 camels infesting their underwear....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I don't do that to library books or even my own books but especially books that you don't own IMO. It isn't right to desecrate property that is not yours. I second the BOOKMARK recommendation. I bought my dh a gorgeous Tiffany sterling silver bookmark when we were dating in the 90s and though I don't know where it is now I rather like the idea of that. Would make a great gift. But a paper bookmark is the easiest to use and costs pennies or you can just make your own. Such an easy solution.

LOL @Matata. What she said.8-)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely not!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata! :lol:

It's a pretty simple concept to me because, if you borrow something, you should return it in the same condition.

Today's DH's birthday and I'm so tempted to buy him a bookmark!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The book does not belong to me...I would never dog ear someone else's book. I think that is very disrespectful!

(I dont dog ear my own books...bookmarks are a wonderful thing!)

Please do buy him a bookmark Puppmom...post your address and we'll all send him a bookmark!:lol-2::confused::lol-2:
(just kiddin')

P

PierreBear

No I don't dog ear pages. When I check out books from the library, the creases do bother me but not as much as seeing underlining in the pages. For bookmarks I usually just use the library receipt that printed out when checking out books.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the interest of time, I've decided to make him a bookmark. If I'm nice to our Office Manager, she might even let me laminate it. :lol:

PierreBear, underlining? That would really tick me off! I use the receipt as a bookmark too!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Puppmon ...you can take a picture of yourself shaking your finger at him. Add the text "Don't you dare earmark this page!"
Laminate it and present it to him...not sure if he'd laugh or be annoyed with you though? My DH would probably laugh.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You can't even tell I've read a book, even if it was brand new to start with. So no, never!

You are my people!! I treat my books very, very gently. And it breaks my heart when I see a book opened and turned upside down. Its poor spine!! And I've been meaning to tell you that every time I see your sweet little doggy avatar, it makes me smile. So so cute!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My husband does! That said, they are paperbacks purchased to read while on vacation and are generally destroyed by vacations end anyway. Into the recycle they go!

cheers--Sharon

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are my people!! I treat my books very, very gently. And it breaks my heart when I see a book opened and turned upside down. Its poor spine!! And I've been meaning to tell you that every time I see your sweet little doggy avatar, it makes me smile. So so cute!!

That is Lola in the picture. She's upside down, the picture is upright. I was facing her when I took the pic and she was laying on her back looking backwards at me. She is a bit nutso.:rodent:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tyty, I wish I had seen your idea before now. I ended up making him one with our dog on it. We did have a good laugh but a pic of me finger pointing and looking over my glasses would have been hilarious!

Our 22 year old daughter came over for his birthday dinner. I asked her if she dog eared library books and she said yes! Where did I go wrong? o_O

But, I did notice that DH placed his brand new bookmark in his book last night. Saving books by reforming one dog earer at a time. Monarch, where should I send yours? :razz:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tyty, I wish I had seen your idea before now. I ended up making him one with our dog on it. We did have a good laugh but a pic of me finger pointing and looking over my glasses would have been hilarious!

Our 22 year old daughter came over for his birthday dinner. I asked her if she dog eared library books and she said yes! Where did I go wrong? o_O

But, I did notice that DH placed his brand new bookmark in his book last night. Saving books by reforming one dog earer at a time. Monarch, where should I send yours? :razz:

Not your fault ... She gets it from her dad!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never ever on library books (I'm the daughter of a librarian). I Dog ear and annotate my own books, though, especially the reference books and/or manuals I go-to on the job.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do my very best to return books in the same condition they were when I borrowed them.

kylier

Shiny_Rock
Nooooooo

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never! :-o

Even my university textbooks look as new as the day I bought them. Yes, I did read them. ;-)

Whether a Library book or my own book, I use post-it flags, bookmarks or the Library receipt. However, the majority of my reading is on my e-reader. I love my e-reader!

All you dog-earers (a.k.a. monsters) get an e-reader! You can download books from the Library. Most books, although not all, are available in electronic form.

Stop the madness! Just say 'No' to abusing books!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm so glad that he used it! Now you have to work on your daughter!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gave up on physical books years ago. I have some floating around (technical stuff) but real ones are a no. My online library is in the hundreds at this point. I like not having yet more stuff to fill up my house tbh.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I don't now, but I used to when I was younger-in my twenties. As I got older I decided it was wrong to do
Annette.

AnthonyGlover

Rough_Rock
No I don't do that to library books or even my own books but especially books that you don't own IMO. It isn't right to desecrate property that is not yours. I second the BOOKMARK recommendation. I bought my dh a gorgeous Tiffany sterling silver bookmark when we were dating in the 90s and though I don't know where it is now I rather like the idea of that. A lot of ideas for gifts in the article about favourite holiday on the resource https://studymoose.com/free-essays/favourite-holiday with free essay samples samples, there are also bookmarks for books. Would make a great gift. But a paper bookmark is the easiest to use and costs pennies or you can just make your own. Such an easy solution.

LOL @Matata. What she said.8-)

You're right, I read a lot and often use the most common paper bookmark. It's also very convenient to use an old credit card or discount card.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results