shape
carat
color
clarity

Do many people buy/upgrade center stones at IDJ?

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
I've heard many wonderful things about the quality and customer service at IDJ. It seems like most of the posts I've found have related to studs, eternities or anniversary bands, or bracelets. Not nearly as many dealing with center stones.

Is IDJ not a preferred vendor for large stones and if so why? Is it just not as easy to upgrade as with WF?

Just curious as I contemplate future projects!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Curious about this too!

Reactions: Kya

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I think they have just fallen out of fashion with a lot of the frequent posters here. Years back, they were more recommended here and a lot of people bought center stones, etc. Now, pretty much every post of someone looking for a modern round is directed to either Whiteflash or High Performance Diamonds/CBI. Even vendors like Brian Gavin have fallen out of favor for many in recommendation.

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
I feel like everyone here has an ACA, which I know isn't the case but I see so many posts about upgraded ACA's!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I feel like everyone here has an ACA, which I know isn't the case but I see so many posts about upgraded ACA's!

I don't! Or a CBI. There is more variety than you'd think initially.

collier

Shiny_Rock
Given the recommendations, I see IDJ as a competitively priced fairly high quality source for jewelry, but not top of the line ACA cuts etc.

That being said, I'm not entirely sure which IDJ is the one recommended. I have googled them but there are several different options that could be the vendor referenced here. So clearly, I am not an expert.

I'd love to know which is which.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Given the recommendations, I see IDJ as a competitively priced fairly high quality source for jewelry, but not top of the line ACA cuts etc.

That being said, I'm not entirely sure which IDJ is the one recommended. I have googled them but there are several different options that could be the vendor referenced here. So clearly, I am not an expert.

I'd love to know which is which.

ID Jewelry in NY is the one recommended here.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems they are great for lower budgets but not top quality diamonds.

collier

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I have wondered for ages.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they will get you what you want if they have access to it. Think more JA or BN. I asked about upgrades when I was helping my
second cousin look for a ring and they said I would have to speak to Yuketiel specifically. So it was sounding like they would do upgrades on
certain stones (like well-cut round brilliants but not so much on fancy cut stones).

I couldnt find anything on their website about trade-ups.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
It seems they are great for lower budgets but not top quality diamonds.

I think many people here buy online so the imaging and information provided by WF gives people a sense of security. I'm a happy customer myself.

That being said, don't underestimate IDJ. The last time I was there someone was picking up an absolute glacier set in platinum lol. Do a board search and you'll see some major bling from IDJ.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it's just that most people here prefer top cut quality, a good selection of in-house stones, and a good upgrade policy. People certainly buy rings, bracelets, and other jewelry from IDJ. You just have to be specific on diamond parameters since GIA Excellent is a very wide range. And you may have to be content not to upgrade because if there isn't a written policy on the site, that means you can't count on one.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Off topic...IDJ website seems to be loading extremely slow. Kept showing nginx server error too. searching for the diamond I want is certainly frustrating given the slowness of the site and not very user friendly interface. :(

I would choose to buy from WF because it is so much easier to choose a good performing diamond on its site.

Last edited:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought from IDJ in 2020 too. Maybe all diamond purchases are were down in 2020 due to Covid19 and economy.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I think they have just fallen out of fashion with a lot of the frequent posters here. Years back, they were more recommended here and a lot of people bought center stones, etc. Now, pretty much every post of someone looking for a modern round is directed to either Whiteflash or High Performance Diamonds/CBI. Even vendors like Brian Gavin have fallen out of favor for many in recommendation.

Not so much I purchased several pieces from IDJ in 2020 and about to in 2021 :)

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I have not purchased from them yet but I drool over their IG page.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never hear anyone post or discuss what their upgrade policy is and many of us are upgraders, so IDK. I don’t think it’s anything personal or for anything against them.

I went there in Dec 2019 to look at some diamonds for a guy here (I was staying a short walk away so I offered). Yekituel was very nice and his place is small but lotta stuff. I’d buy from him.

I have a pre loved pair of his inside out hoops, “ps quality” and they are very gorgeous.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
My engagement ring is from IDJ as are my diamond studs. Just upgraded my original studs from them very easily. Yekutiel gave me my full purchase price as a credit towards the new set.

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the feedback! I agree that knowing you're getting super ideal cuts with WF and CBI, as well as their clear upgrade policies makes things much easier. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything I was missing as far as working with IDJ.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My engagement ring is from IDJ as are my diamond studs. Just upgraded my original studs from them very easily. Yekutiel gave me my full purchase price as a credit towards the new set.

How exciting! Care to share some pictures??????

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
For those that worked with IDJ in the past how’s their prong/bench work? I may be working with them.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
For those that worked with IDJ in the past how’s their prong/bench work? I may be working with them.

My e-ring is in a Vatche setting, and I believe Vatche does all the diamond settings for their pieces. It has the tab prongs and I like it.

My earrings are 4 prong baskets. They did delicate claw prongs that look nice. I honestly didn't even think to specify, but I would have specified regular tab prongs.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I had my ring reset with them in October and I must say I thought they did an excellent job. Some pics below

55ABDA1A-C3A8-4DAC-8FD6-1458AD2805A3.jpeg 9BABBBE9-0686-4CAD-B3E5-F90E334FADEB.jpeg

That’s a beautiful ring! What style did you have before the 3 stone.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
482669 I gave Yakutia my .52 dark pink brownish diamond and this is how we set it. I love it.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I had my wedding band stolen and I wanted a 5 carat band As a replacement. Yekutiel worked with my insurance company and custom Made my band giving me exactly what I wanted got insurance co to agree. So happy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results