shape
carat
color
clarity

Do i have a legal case against GOG? because ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when my wife finds out i bought this she's going to kill me. can i sue jonathan at GOG? for murder? i have seen the stone, it will be set in 14k or 18k wg plain 4 prong gent's ring,(i think it will look too big after when its set in a ring) i asked jonathan over the phone if it was eye clean, and he said "yes" it was pretty hard to believe by the looking at the GIA plot, and the heart and arrow pictures especially for a 3 ct size, but it's the reflection from one inclusion near the center of the table that make hearts look so spotted. so after seeing the stone, i couldn't see any inclusions, without a loupe. it's beautiful and i had it shipped to dave atlas, and chris who did the appraisal says it's a high end H color, more closer to a G and a nice EYE CLEAN SI1 (now i'am satisfied.) and it's one of the best preforming stones he has seen. on a scale of 1-10, he gave it a 9 since he never calls any stone a 10, anyway. if anything, i gave jonathan and his mom a good scare for a few days. it's a long story, but he knows what i mean. but jonathan, answered every question that i asked about the stone and it was a pleasure to buy from gog. where another vendor wouldn't give me time of the day.

DIAMONDS ARE GUY'S BEST FRIEND !!!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/3_34ct_h_si1__h%26a.htm

hannah

Rough_Rock
If anything, you'll have to call the paramedics because you're wife will probably faint when she sees it
1.gif

Congrats on such a beautiful stone!

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
That's too funny! Congratulations, and wow what a stone!
appl.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Good heavens, that's gorgeous! As far as murder goes, it depends on what you bought for her.
11.gif
My hubby is not a jewellry guy at all.
rolleyes.gif
Darn it. So he doesn't understand my obsession. LOL Nice purchase, vtigger.

Shay

Terri-Jo

Rough_Rock
Your worried about her killing you?????? She is going to drop over dead when you give her that.

Terri

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Very funny post... almost had me going!

As far as murder?... I agree Shay, you're survival all hinges on if your rock is bigger than hers!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 5/13/2004 10:11:19 PM Terri-Jo wrote:

Your worried about her killing you?????? She is going to drop over dead when you give her that.

Terri----------------

Terri
I bought it for myself that's why

Kay

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 5/13/2004 10:11:19 PM Terri-Jo wrote:

Terri----------------

I don't think he is giving it to her. He said he is putting it into a gent's ring, so I presume he is keeping it for himself. (I have the feeling he's going to have to get her one too if he wants to keep the peace at home.)

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
First of all, WOW! What a huge, lovely stone. What setting have you picked for it?

Second...I agree with VH...you have to get her a nice rock too, then you will live. LOL

So, when do you plan on telling her? I would suggest once you've set it.
2.gif

Congrats on a great stone!

-Sarah
9.gif

diamond demon

Rough_Rock
i am soooooo jealous vtigger! I was contemplating that same stone myself and saw it sold!!
You're the culprit!!
ENJOY!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We MUST see the ring... I hope you understand. Just to make sure you are still alive
eek.gif

Good Luck!
9.gif

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I assume she already has a larger one so you may be safe. If not, buy her one immediately. Some people here have said they were embarrassed by having a smaller ring than their friends have. That would not bother me if the person who gave it to me was kind, thoughtful and considerate.
I would however be humiliated if my husband had a bigger diamond than I do.
I assume that she has a real beauty of a ring. I hope you will post pictures of both your rings.
Good luck.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! You picked a great stone! Post the pics of the final ring once you have it set -- I'd love to see how it looks on a man's hand. (I know it would look great on my hand
2.gif
).

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Are you kidding me? That puppy is for a dude? Damn, lucky for you. Ok, so does your wife have a bigger stone? You don't want to deal with size envy, it could get very ugly. Wow, wow wow. That's all...........I can say.
Nan

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 5/14/2004 9:51:45 AM solange wrote:

I assume she already has a larger one so you may be safe. If not, buy her one immediately. Some people here have said they were embarrassed by having a smaller ring than their friends have. That would not bother me if the person who gave it to me was kind, thoughtful and considerate.
I would however be humiliated if my husband had a bigger diamond than I do.
I assume that she has a real beauty of a ring. I hope you will post pictures of both your rings.
Good luck.----------------

I started my search for a 2.75 ct h SI 1 - VS2, but I was unable to find a stone in that range that I liked. So I ended up buying the 3.34ct from gog,it don't look that big when it's loose,but i think it will look too big once it's mounted. I think those people have problems if they feel embarrassed with the fact that their friends has a bigger stone.Who cares what other people have, as long as you're happy with yours.There will always be somebody with a bigger and better stone.

btw; solange I love your 4.10 ct stone.Since your stone out weights mine, you wouldn't be embarrassed if went out on a date. hee..hee just kidding.

The following is a story on my wife's stone

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
So you're the one that got that whopper! But, is it really for you or are you really planning to give it to your wife?
Up_to_something.gif

Does your wife not like the big whoppers for herself? It's all about personal preference. It's just so unusual for the guy's ring to be ANY bigger than the wife's stone, let alone this big!
1.gif

Skybluewater

Rough_Rock
Any pictures of the finished ring?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 5/20/2004 11:08:05 PM Skybluewater wrote:

Any pictures of the finished ring?----------------

the ring isn't finished yet. I probably end up having a jeweler custom make the mounting. There is very few premake gent's mounting that would fit this stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results