shape
carat
color
clarity

DK OEC halo happiness!

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
With a nod and gratitude to @mrs-b, appreciation to @GearGirly, and a huge thanks to David Klass, I have come to show my beautiful OEC in its forever setting.

I bought this gorgeous stone from @GearGirly in 2017 and have enjoyed it in its solitaire setting since then, but I've known that I would eventually want to reset it. Enter @mrs-b and the delicate, perfect halo setting she had made by David prior to changing to her amazing three stone ring. I was immediately in love and filed the photos away till this month. David, as always, made the long-distance process so easy, and now with ring in (on) hand, I am delighted with the final result.

Stats: 2.22 M/VS2 OEC, 8.24 x 8.4 x 5.23 mm. Set in 18K yellow gold with platinum prongs with 0.16 ctw I/VS1 halo diamonds. First photo is the original solitaire setting. Now, I love how the diamond really came into its own with its whole surface exposed. The platinum claws just melt into it and disappear, and the halo is tiny, just enough enhancement to make the OEC shine. I had occasional moments of worry about what a halo might do to the diamond's performance, but those are gone now! Here we go.

IMG_2022.JPG IMG_2594.JPG IMG_2613.JPG IMG_2610.JPG IMG_2608.JPG IMG_2607.JPG

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Ally66 :wavey:

I saw your ring on DKJ's Instagram page today and thought - "Ohhh - I know you!!" I'm so glad you like it; had I been a halo girl, I would have kept mine forever. I think yours looks FAR better on you than mine ever did on me, and I think the proportions are way better; I honestly think mine was too big as a halo, but yours ,while still very substantial, is perfect!

Congratulations, and wishing you many years of happiness, enjoying your beautiful new piece. :))

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @Ally66 :wavey:

I saw your ring on DKJ's Instagram page today and thought - "Ohhh - I know you!!" I'm so glad you like it; had I been a halo girl, I would have kept mine forever. I think yours looks FAR better on you than mine ever did on me, and I think the proportions are way better; I honestly think mine was too big as a halo, but yours ,while still very substantial, is perfect!

Congratulations, and wishing you many years of happiness, enjoying your beautiful new piece. :))
Thanks so much, @mrs-b! I am glad you like it and I so appreciate your (unwitting) inspiration! I will admit I wanted to add just that tiny bit more size and I am really pleased with it:love:

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! :love: SO pretty. I love how the prongs almost mimic the shape of the facets. Or that could just be my aging eyes :sun: Either way that is just one gorgeous halo.

Congrats and wear in the best of health :appl:

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! :love: SO pretty. I love how the prongs almost mimic the shape of the facets. Or that could just be my aging eyes :sun: Either way that is just one gorgeous halo.

Congrats and wear in the best of health :appl:
:D Aging eyes can be our friends sometimes! Thanks very much!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your new setting is perfect! Enjoy your beautiful ring!

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh!!! I saw this on Instagram! Congrats!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With a nod and gratitude to @mrs-b, appreciation to @GearGirly, and a huge thanks to David Klass, I have come to show my beautiful OEC in its forever setting.

I bought this gorgeous stone from @GearGirly in 2017 and have enjoyed it in its solitaire setting since then, but I've known that I would eventually want to reset it. Enter @mrs-b and the delicate, perfect halo setting she had made by David prior to changing to her amazing three stone ring. I was immediately in love and filed the photos away till this month. David, as always, made the long-distance process so easy, and now with ring in (on) hand, I am delighted with the final result.

Stats: 2.22 M/VS2 OEC, 8.24 x 8.4 x 5.23 mm. Set in 18K yellow gold with platinum prongs with 0.16 ctw I/VS1 halo diamonds. First photo is the original solitaire setting. Now, I love how the diamond really came into its own with its whole surface exposed. The platinum claws just melt into it and disappear, and the halo is tiny, just enough enhancement to make the OEC shine. I had occasional moments of worry about what a halo might do to the diamond's performance, but those are gone now! Here we go.

IMG_2022.JPG IMG_2594.JPG IMG_2613.JPG IMG_2610.JPG IMG_2608.JPG IMG_2607.JPG

Ahhhh.... I just knew this had to be an homage to @mrs-b's ring!! Beautiful!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is absolutely gorgeous @Ally66! :love: Congrats!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Swoon! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: What a beauty! Kindly requesting more photos to drool over, please. Also, I'd love to hear about your (new?) matching diamond band.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! And I love the band with it too!!!:love::love::love:

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@DorotheaBrooke and @ceg, thanks so much! I'm still figuring out what bands I like with it, and this is one of my favorite looks so far. I have a tiny thin spacer and then the curvy band is by LaMoreDesign on Etsy. Annie makes beautiful rings! I've also ordered a plain 2mm band to see how that works.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous reset!!! Your diamond is a real beauty and the halo and prongs compliment it perfectly!!! :love::kiss2:

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
So lovely! The facets are just perfect for an OEC, and that is such a beautiful clean halo :kiss2:

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous and looks amazing stacked!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh what a gorgeous delicate perfect halo :love: wonderful reset!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful reset! Wear in health and happiness.:appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new setting!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Love the design of the underside!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yaaayyy!! Saw this in IG and was so hoping it belonged to a PSer so we could compliment it and ogle it more!! Love it, it's spectacular!!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Those lil' flecks! - 0.75 pts. each ! - if even... ::) Love such things.

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I saw this on IG and was wondering if it was a PSer who owned it! It’s beautiful. I love a halo with a plain band. :kiss2:

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh Gosh, this gives me ideas.... I was just mulling about the reset of my Indian Summer (9 mm cape diamond). This turned out lovely!!!

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, everyone! It's so fun to share with an appreciative audience! Outside of PS, I find that not everyone "gets it"...;)2
And, @Dizzie, oh my! Such good possibiliities!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning. I would have never thought to use double prongs on a round... but it really works. :love:

We need more pics!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this on IG! I LOVE this setting. It's one of if not the best halo I have ever seen. Congratulations on your forever setting and ring.. it's beautful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results