shape
carat
color
clarity

Divergrrl restyles her ring....part deux!!! Wax images to preview!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
So here are my wax images..I''m restyling my 1.13 princess cut, H color, SI2. It was a kind of deep stone, and I have been trying to make it look bigger (its got a pretty sparkle on it IRL that pics don''t do justice to) without upgrading because my husband is the sentimental sort. Durn it! :)

But I found the setting of a lifetime for me! (a friend has it in a round).

I am going through a great jeweler here in town who has a reputation for being very reasonable & does great custom work (everyone in Portland, OR who knows better than to shop retail uses him) so I''m getting a good deal ($1000) for a custom setting in 14k white gold and 30 accent diamonds (not sure of the carat weight on them, since they are melee). But the ring is heavy.... The widest part of it measures 11mm, the shoulder diamonds 8mm, and the band 6mm.

This is my first wax mold, I had them widen everything from the center out.

Jeannine

runyan5.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
More wax...how do I upload more than one pic to this forum?? Help!!

runyan4.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hey Mara!!!

Here''s my latest "upgrade"!! Although this pic is a year old now! where does the time go?

Jeannine

fave pic of jake.jpg

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Just reply to your own post and load more pics that way, thats how I do it anyways. Can''t wait to see pics it looks like it will be great! And don''t forget you should have the before and after pics
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DIVERGRRL!!! Welcome back chica!! It''s been way too long!!!

I was SOOO surprised to see your post in my thread, I was like WOW was she lurking!? I feel so special!
9.gif

Congratulations on your ADORABLE baby, omg that picture is just tooooo cute, I hope you have it framed in your house! Time surely does fly, doesn''t it? I can''t believe you have a 15 month old baby and we just have a 2 year old rat aka princess dog!

Your new wax looks HUGE girl, talk about size-whore-extraordinaire?!?! That is going to be some serious finger-coverage right there!!! Can''t wait to see the finished product. Hope you stick around... !!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Daddy: Mommy needs more diamonds! Tell Santa she''s been real good!

Ok, sorry...had to post that one..at least its recent & his eyes sparkle like a D or E colored stone!

LOL

Jeannine

santa 1.jpg

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Divergrrl ~
emrose.gif

Looking good ... can''t wait to see the finished ring!

So, who are you using in Portland? Come''on ... spill the beans!

Have a great day!
35.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Mara,

Hi back to you!! I haven't been lurking, but when I thought I might have to replace my stone, I came here as I was going to gp through WF if so.

And yes, its a huge setting...11mm's girl! OMG!! It takes up almost all the finger real estate up to the knucke...oh yeah, I whored out on this one! LOL...

I'll probably hang around...got my eye on some new baubles. I would love a necklace, I'm thinking a half carat RB or maybe a .6 or .7, you know....

I have a question, you are going for that J on your upgrade?? How do you like that color? My H is almost an I, but its pretty darned white, unless I'm holding it next to a D or E stone.

Thanks for the pic complement, and yes, I have a 9x12 matted in a 16 x 20 mat & frame on my living room wall. I loved those pics...using one of those fine art photographers was the best splurge, I have a ton of great photos from it, and he was/is such sweet baby, its great to have it immortalzed. We call that look his Zoolander look.... LOL! his name is Jake, BTW...(not Jacob). Named after Jake Ryan in 16 candles..my last name is almost Ryan, so its pretty close!

Later girlie...gonna finish my pinot noir & then head to bed....I teach yoga now that I'm a sahm, and I have a 9 am class to,prrow! eeek!

Jeannine

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Mrs Darling Joy, I'm using ABC Jewelry... www.abcjewelry.net Portland has a few good shops downtown on 3rd avenue. Artisans (not open to the public--they do design for the retail shops in town, but I have an in--our original jeweler's sister...), Tradeshop, www.tradeshop.com is another good group of folks. They all do their own design etc. I took some metalsmithing classes a few years ago for fun, & learned my way around 3rd ave a bit. Where to go for findings, gemstones, etc...all these little funky old office building with shops in offices .. you have to ring a bell to get thru all the locked doors. Its fun at least!

and yes, I'll post a before and after...I have my before pics...

Thanks guys & goodnight!!

Jeannine (1 more week till my ring is done!! ooooh can't wait can't wait!)

MissIndecisive

Shiny_Rock
OMG divergirl! Your ring is going to look great! I''m with Mara - HUUUUGE finger coverage
31.gif

But I gotta admit - I think your bubba is just absolutely gorgeous!
12.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, the wax look huge but great..lots of finger spanned bling..ok and the pics of your baby, soooo great. The one with the Santa hat..oh it makes you want to just squeeze the little guy

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know the ring will be a tad small in all direction than the wax (10% or so)... so it sounds great.

And it reminds me of a designer ring I liked allot!

This one:

01D13.jpg
Chris Correia at Pearlman''s

Besides, will you have any eyes for the ring ?
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ana, that does look a lot like the wax. I think it will be very pretty. I am constantly amazed by how much larger diamonds look with a halo so I am sure the magic will work on yours too. You baby is too cute!

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is going to be soooooo pretty! I think valeria hit the nail on the head on what that ring is going to look like "finished". It seems like a pretty substantial ring so may I ask what size finger you have? I can't wait to see it finished and on your finger!!

BTW, the pictures of you and your baby are beautiful. And with the santa hat? Too adorable!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the wax, and your baby is adorable!!!

I have one quick comment - I noticed right away that the corners of the halo will not have diamonds. I''m guessing there is a design reason for that, but thought the ring might look better in the long run if diamonds are there, even if he has to go with smaller melee to fit them in. Just my 2 cents!
1.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
The wax looks great, and your son is adorable!!

I agree with FG, the lack of melee on the corners bothers me. Are the corners going to be clipped?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually I agree with FG that melee should go on the corners, all the way around. Otherwise visually there will be a hard stop and I think it would be kind of a little off for the fluidity of the eye movement?

DG...I had a G and then an H if you remember and then went to a J. Honestly, I think at first I may have noticed a bit of color difference with the J but now I am totally used to my stone and love it. I only ever get the best compliments on it, even Richard Sherwood exclaimed that it was so white. Plus you know having a budget and all, and wanting size, there was no Q that my upgrade this year would be a J (or I would have gone I SI2 if it had not been too much more) and whala there it is. I don't miss the old stones or higher color grades anymore, I think for me the beauty of what I have really eclipses any memories of the other stones. Hope that helps!!

A pendant project sounds divine!!!

Oh and I LOVED Jake Ryan in 16 Candles, yours looks like he will grow up to be a total heartbreaker as well!!

SarFarSuperstar

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring and baby! What a lucky woman you are!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, this is going to be one amazing ring DG. Your baby is just the cutest!!!
1.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your baby is an absolute doll and that new setting for your diamond is going to be quite a show stopper!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Those baby pictures are priceless, what a cutie.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
That ring is going to be almost as beautiful as your son. He''s just too beautiful.

shay

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/6/2006 5:41:14 PM
Author: Shay37
That ring is going to be almost as beautiful as your son. He's just too beautiful.

shay
I second that!
9.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
AWwww, thanks for the baby props guys...
30.gif
.I am so "that" mom, all showing off her boy. Oh lord. You know he''s gonna kill me for all the nekkid pics in about 13 years.

Ana: That Chris Correia ring is EXACTLY what I inspired me!!! That''s the pic I printed off and took in!! Good eye!!

Didiamond: I have a size six finger, and while I don''t think I have what it takes to be a hand model, my hands are pretty ''normal''...I have long nail beds too...not weird, but I don''t wear my nails long & they look nice polished.

Melee in the corners...good question, I''ll ask. The CC ring in that pic Ana posted has a high polish ridge going into the corner on the diagonal, so I think mine will too, but i''ll call the jeweler and check it out. LOL.

You guys are the best, thank you so much for saying all those nice things about Jake, I do feel very lucky.

Is it next week yet?

I''ll be back on tomorrow, I''m out for the rest of the afternoon & have dinner plans tonight..

Jeannine

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
That''s going to be some ring...I love it so much! Your sweet baby is adorable...I have three of those kind of upgrades...They are the best kind!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow, that is going to be some serious finger spanage.. I can''t wait to see it finished.

and your little guy is gorgeous too.. I love the santa hat pic!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
DG, I looked at the abcjewelry site. That is a great site! From a halo princess ring they have posted on there, there are no diamonds in the corners. I can see what Mara''s saying because the wax looks kind of stark without corner diamonds, but the real-life ring looks great, IMO.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
What a great new setting for your stone! I love it! Congratulations on your baby too. Keep us posted on the ring. I agree, melee all the way to the corners.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2006 2:32:23 AM
Author: divergrrl
Mrs Darling Joy, I'm using ABC Jewelry... www.abcjewelry.net Portland has a few good shops downtown on 3rd avenue. Artisans (not open to the public--they do design for the retail shops in town, but I have an in--our original jeweler's sister...), Tradeshop, www.tradeshop.com is another good group of folks. They all do their own design etc. I took some metalsmithing classes a few years ago for fun, & learned my way around 3rd ave a bit. Where to go for findings, gemstones, etc...all these little funky old office building with shops in offices .. you have to ring a bell to get thru all the locked doors. Its fun at least!

and yes, I'll post a before and after...I have my before pics...

Thanks guys & goodnight!!

Jeannine (1 more week till my ring is done!! ooooh can't wait can't wait!)
Thanks for the links!

I will actually be in Portland this Saturday. My daughters middle school dance team was invited to compete in the state championship ... It's an all day thing with two rounds, but maybe I'll have time to swing by or just drive by and see where they are at.

Have a great day!

ETA: I did know about Tradeshop, their engraving is awesome.
35.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I tried on the second wax today, and it looks great & I asked about the corners & we even pulled out another halo ring already in the shop I bet the PP saw with the corners & compared. They assured me it won''t be all hard metal, etc, and there will be facets in the corners so it''ll look continuously sparkly.

I think ABC is closed on weekends....what Dance Team competition are you here for? I was just at DDCA State Dance Team competitions on March 18th for Oregon High Schools...I went to the regular competiton, apparently show division had been the week before. Where are your from? I love dance competitions..did it in h.s. and college, still go to state every so often, its so fun!

Jeannine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results