shape
carat
color
clarity

Distinctive Gem Moissanite 5 Stone

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
I have been working with Distinctive Gem on this ring for what feels like forever! It is finally here! The center stone is a 10.5mm/4.27, the two middle stones are 6mm/.80 each, and the two outer stones are 4mm/.24 stones. All are Distinctive Gem's custom cut ideal round moissanites. I have loved Yssie's former ring for 10 years (or however long it has been in existence!). I really wanted the setting to have a similar profile. Jonathan worked on the design based on images and back and forth messages and it is perfect! The stones are very white. I have an Ex/Ex/Ex 1.52 J diamond that is much more warm than the moissanites. (Btw, my hands are HUGE size 11.5 plus dry from all the sanitizing/washing. tempImagekzIZtV.png tempImagejcsT8f.png tempImage14XqKV.png tempImage3nkREy.png tempImage0tR8vO.png

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, perfect coverage for your finger and beautifully executed. Congrats.

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
The ring is beautiful

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and I love the swoopy design and pointy claws.

teddycake

Rough_Rock
This is a beautiful ring!! Was this done by their master bench?

if you don't mind sharing, how did you like working with Jonathan? How long did the ring take to finish and was he fast in responding?

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
This is a beautiful ring!! Was this done by their master bench?

if you don't mind sharing, how did you like working with Jonathan? How long did the ring take to finish and was he fast in responding?
No, he sent his design to Stuller.

Overall, I would say it was good. I purchased the first stone on 2/3 and the ring was in my hands on 3/19. It was difficult to get the ring in my budget because I couldn't get detailed setting information until after I purchased the stone. I wanted to keep the stones at a certain proportion (similar to the inspiration ring) but Jonathan did not want to get too much in detail about the overall cost nor setting info until I at least purchased the main stone. Prior to purchase, I had been given a ballpark estimate.

Later on in the design process, I found out I needed larger side stones and the setting was more than I expected. Had I known this before, I could have purchased a smaller center stone to compensate for the price. But at that point, I was not wiling (nor was likely allowed) to change the center stone.

Sometimes I received an email back within 20 minutes and sometimes I had to send a f/u a few days later to check on things. But I love my ring and I totally think its worth it!

teddycake

Rough_Rock
No, he sent his design to Stuller.

Overall, I would say it was good. I purchased the first stone on 2/3 and the ring was in my hands on 3/19. It was difficult to get the ring in my budget because I couldn't get detailed setting information until after I purchased the stone. I wanted to keep the stones at a certain proportion (similar to the inspiration ring) but Jonathan did not want to get too much in detail about the overall cost nor setting info until I at least purchased the main stone. Prior to purchase, I had been given a ballpark estimate.

Later on in the design process, I found out I needed larger side stones and the setting was more than I expected. Had I known this before, I could have purchased a smaller center stone to compensate for the price. But at that point, I was not wiling (nor was likely allowed) to change the center stone.

Sometimes I received an email back within 20 minutes and sometimes I had to send a f/u a few days later to check on things. But I love my ring and I totally think its worth it!

Hi, thank you for taking the time to provide the detailed response. I’m having the same experience re email timing and follow ups.

you got your ring super fast! Were any of the stones custom cut? I’m having a solitaire stone custom cut and I’ve been waiting for about a month now.

my setting price was also higher than I had expected, by a few hundred $$

OECfan

Rough_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous and your post is so timely! I am also thinking of buying moissanite from Jonathan, I provided him a sketch of my ring and was kind of hoping to get a ballpark estimate of the setting I drew before deciding on the Center stone (about $400 price and 0.60 ct difference)

Sounds like I’ll have to buy the centre stone before he’ll agree to doing anything...:/ I’m still torn between having him set it and having another jeweller on Etsy set it, so was hoping to get a better idea of cost first!

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
Hi, thank you for taking the time to provide the detailed response. I’m having the same experience re email timing and follow ups.

you got your ring super fast! Were any of the stones custom cut? I’m having a solitaire stone custom cut and I’ve been waiting for about a month now.

my setting price was also higher than I had expected, by a few hundred $$

When I ordered "Custom Cut Distinctive Ideal Cut Round Moissanite" but I don't know if he actually had to custom order all of them or if he continually has a flow of commonly ordered sizes in and out of his store? Not sure. Once my ring came back, I received it the next day via overnight shipping.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous and your post is so timely! I am also thinking of buying moissanite from Jonathan, I provided him a sketch of my ring and was kind of hoping to get a ballpark estimate of the setting I drew before deciding on the Center stone (about $400 price and 0.60 ct difference)

Sounds like I’ll have to buy the centre stone before he’ll agree to doing anything...:/ I’m still torn between having him set it and having another jeweller on Etsy set it, so was hoping to get a better idea of cost first!

You can try! I received a ballpark but then it ended up being more expensive. Though to be fair, my desired design probably got more complex during the process.

OECfan

Rough_Rock
You can try! I received a ballpark but then it ended up being more expensive. Though to be fair, my desired design probably got more complex during the process.

I just ordered a stone and decided to have it shipped elsewhere! I think Jon will be a bit out of my budget, and I want to save my design for a future AV diamond...

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that’s lovely! Love the setting , thanks for sharing!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous and the finger coverage it goals! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results