shape
carat
color
clarity

Disney Land Proposals "help"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nate_dabulewicz

Rough_Rock
I am Going to Disney land this week end and would like some good place to go to ask her to marry me... i have only been there like 1 time and she has been there a lot so i need some help thank nate

GhostofMacbeth

Rough_Rock
I saw someone do it at the end of the Haunted Mansion ride after they got out of the car but it was probably someplace special for them. It has been forever since I have been but maybe you could ask her what her favorite ride is when you are planning the trip and then do it then? There are lots of little places but it would have to be something special for her to make it truly yours. There are lots of little lakes and paths that you can sort of get away for a moment or two though. Also, you can have it in your pocket and whenever you have a "moment" do it then. Just make sure you don''t go on any water rides before ;-)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It used to be that the only place that serves alc in DL is the Blue Bayou, but I''m not sure if that is the case anymore.

If your stone is medium or strongly fluorescent, try the Peter Pan ride as you''re flying over the town.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Does Disney Land have a Cinderella''s castle? I have been to Disney Wolrd several times, and one thing I loved is eating at the castle. It is really a neat experience. You may consider making reservations and doing it there or somewhere private afterwards. It is probably a lil hokey to some, but not to someone who loves Disney Land.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
There is a wishing well from the movie "Snow White", to the right of the Sleeping Beauty Castle. During the day, Snow White and her prince actually stand there to take pictures, so there are a bunch of kids around, but at night, there''s not too many people.

If you want more privacy, to the right of the castle is pretty nice. There''s a little walkway, and there are usually swans in the small lake.

Fireworks should still be going on, i think. That''s always nice and romantic, because the theme songs are very touching... just be prepared because it''s a long show, about 20 mins.

Fantasmic is also a nice place, because you get to sit down. Just be careful because it''s a madhouse once it''s over. You''ll be trampled, so make sure she has her ring on. Actually, be careful anytime, anywhere. People will bump into you, and the last thing you want is to crawl around at night looking for your ring!

OOh!! and i forgot about the Storybookland Ride. It is a water ride, so be careful. But it takes you thru all these different miniature towns, and it''s really pretty. Great if you want to propose during the day.

Tarzan''s treehouse would be kinda fun. If you go all the way to the top, you get a great view of the Rivers of America. Just be careful not to drop it.. it''s a long way down.

Good Luck! (if i think of any more i''ll post again)

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Oooohhh....Disneyland proposal!!! I LOVE that place, so let's see. You can camp out two hours before the fireworks start in front of Sleeping Beauty castle and say you're going to the restroom while your gf saves your space. Talk to a cast member, maybe ask him/her to take a picture for you right at that moment. Then propose right when the fireworks start, or before they start, since you may not want to miss the show.

Another option is Fantasmic, someone mentioned that. You can actually make Priority Seating reservations at Cafe Orleans, I think. They have a balcony area where you can view the show without having to deal with the crowds. I would call Disney Dining and say that you're planning a proposal and see if they can suggest a place, if you would like to propose in a restaurant. The Blue Bayou is nice too; it's the restaurant you see when you ride Pirates of the Caribbean.

Maybe on Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes? It's a water ride, but don't worry, the canoes never tip; they're designed that way. Just be careful with the ring itself. And you can always speak to a cast member beforehand, and maybe they'll stop the canoe halfway around the Rivers of America so you can propose.

Hmm....what else? Let's see.....Main Street is absolutely gorgeous at night. You can also do it at the central hub, where the statue of Walt Disney and Mickey are. That way, you'll be proposing in front of the castle, and you can always ask a cast member to take a pic of the moment. Tell your gf that you want to get a pic in front of the castle, grab a cast member (hereafter known as CM), explain the situation to them, run back, get on your knee and propose! That would be soooo sweet!

Tomorrowland's not very romantic...so in Fantasyland, I think King Arthur's Carousel would be a good place. Get her on her horse, get down on one knee and ask.

How about California Adventure? Actually, never mind. Not a good idea. That place is not romantic at all. Unless you are a fan of Disney's Electrical Parade, which I believe they have over at that park. Don't know if they have that now though. But it would be a beautiful time to propose, with bright lights only coming from the floats.

Oh, one last idea: if you watch the parades, grab a seat a good 1.5-2 hours beforehand. There are always crowd control CMs wandering up and down, and you can always ask them to help you with your proposal. They're really good about stuff like that.

Good luck and let us know what you decided to do!!!

ETA: I just realized you said she's been there a lot. In this case, find out what her favorite ride or land is, and you may want to propose there. For instance, if her favorite ride is Splash Mountain, ask her before the big drop, and slip the ring on her finger after the drop. That way, she won't know to scream, laugh or cry going down that drop. Double the adrenaline!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am also a Disney lover. The California one has a special restaurant in the castle, that might be just the ticket. Otherwise, there are lots of pretty spots I am sure, but check out the restaurant in the castle, I am pretty sure it is in existence, but hard to get in to....

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2006 2:35:10 AM
Author: diamondfan
I am also a Disney lover. The California one has a special restaurant in the castle, that might be just the ticket. Otherwise, there are lots of pretty spots I am sure, but check out the restaurant in the castle, I am pretty sure it is in existence, but hard to get in to....

The park in California does not have a restaurant. It only has a walk-thru for the Sleeping Beauty movie. What you''re thinking is the Cinderella Castle in Florida, and that one is nice, but you usually need a reservation a few weeks in advance to get a nicer table near the windows.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
That might be it, but I think there is also some secret restaurant in Anaheim...it might just be for Disney execs or maybe it no longer exists but...

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Going over to Tom Sawyer''s island is cool. It''s very foresty over there so you could find a secluded turnout I''m sure, maybe even a bench or ledge to sit on.

Or, there is a neat veranda if you want to look out over New Orleans square and the river. If you go to the art gallery that is up the stairs above Pirates of the Caribbean. Go through the gallery, and through the gift store, and the veranda is out there.

Oh! I think it would be sooooo romantic if you proposed on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, right at the beginning while you are riding past the Blue Bayou restaurant. The atmosphere there is awesome - the restaurant, the sound of frogs, crickets, fire flies, banjo playing. It would be sooooo romantic! And I have no idea if they would do it for you, but you could even tell the person that directs you into the boats that you are going to propose and ask for your own boat, or at least to sit at the back of the boat. Then you''d have the whole rest of the ride to snuggle in the dark!
31.gif

Hmmm, what else oh, if you go over to Disney California Adventure I love going to the Golden State park (or something like that). It has a pretty winding stream with foot bridges, it feels very woodsy there too. Also at DCA, at night there is a gazebo that lights up all pretty and it reflects across the "bay". You could walk over there.

Congratulations and good luck!!!! I know it will be good, no matter where you do it
9.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2006 10:37:34 PM
Author: diamondfan
That might be it, but I think there is also some secret restaurant in Anaheim...it might just be for Disney execs or maybe it no longer exists but...

You're thinking of Club 33.
2.gif
I've been in there, and it's pretty cool. Lots of red decorations, fou-fou waiters, and LOTS of great food if you go for the lunch buffet. Dinner's okay but you don't have as many choices.

If you walk past the Pirates of the Caribbean exit and the Blue Bayou, you'll see a door on the left with sign that has "33" on the side, in light blue. Most of the seating is indoors, but there is an outdoor dining area that has unobstructed view of Fantasmic! If you face the art gallery, it's to the right of the gallery, right above the Nightmare before Christmas store.

It's really exclusive and a lot of companies have membership, so their employees can go there for special events. I think if you want a personal membership, there is a waitlist, and it's pretty expensive.

I wouldn't say it's too romantic tho. I still think there are prettier places inside the park!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Let us know how the proposal goes!!!!!
36.gif

findarock

Shiny_Rock
I have a quick question that sort of relates to this proposal.(sorry to but in, didnt know if I should start a thread)
I was also thinking about doing a trip for the proposal and Disney Land was one of the ideas I was thinking about, but here is my question. I am afraid that when we check into security at the airport,that security will find the ring(once I buy it!:)
Suggestions to remedy this potential problem?
BTW- good ideas on this best!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results