shape
carat
color
clarity

discount at trunk show?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nyc7782

Rough_Rock
So I know that trunk shows are when designers show off their new collections (well I think I know!) But, do they also offer discounts? Trying to decide if it''s worth it to try to go to one. Especially since I''m at the beginning of my dress search. Thanks!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I think you do get discounts. I actually went to a small salon in NY, fell in love with a dress and they told me since they were having a trunk show for that designer in a week they would give me the discount early. So yes, I think you get discounts

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Yep, they offer a discount. The only bad thing about them is that you can feel a lot of pressure to buy that day since it''ll be on sale. I tried on my dress during a trunk show but wasn''t ready to buy. So I waited a few more weeks for another one to actually purchase it with the discount. That might not be an option for you, but I thought I would share. If you do go, just don''t feel pressured to buy something you don''t absolutely love! A 10% or so discount isn''t enough to make up for a dress you buy on impulse and regret later.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
From what I have seen, most trunk shows and designer collection events are at 10%. I think sample sales are obviously more off because they are samples. However, if I remember correctly you are getting married in October so you should start now. Do you have any idea what styles you like?

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I got 10% off at a trunk show. That''s pretty standard. But you kinda have to be ready to buy it right then and there, since the truck show won''t be around for long. Its better if you shop around first, then when you are at a point that you feel comfortable buying-- go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results