shape
carat
color
clarity

Disappointed!! 1.94ct Whiteflash G turned out to be H~I

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by Julyisjuly, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Texas Leaguer
    Ideal_Rock
    Trade

by Texas Leaguer » Jan 15, 2019
    @Julyisjuly, I can assure you that we will do our best!

2. cmd2014
    Ideal_Rock

by cmd2014 » Jan 15, 2019
    I liked the 2.14 one best. Having read the whole thread, I have to admit that I could see that the G was less tinted than the other two stones - but it also didn't seem as bright as the two I's that you were liking more. Of the two, I personally liked the 2.14 over the 2.28 as it looked just a little whiter and brighter (and if I am being honest, probably more like my own e-ring diamond in cut style) than the 2.28 (which did have a tiny bit more fire).

Congratulations! You have a ring!!!

Matthews1127 and SimoneDi like this.
  3. hathalove
    Brilliant_Rock

by hathalove » Jan 16, 2019
    I can't believe I made it all the way to the end! Congratulations @Julyisjuly Its a beautiful stone and what I am sure will make a most beautiful ER. I have always loved WF for there service and going above and beyond to make customers happy. I owned a beautiful (much smaller) I ACA once. I sure do miss it:kiss2:

Matthews1127, ac117 and Lykame like this.
  4. pinklemonadegurl
    Shiny_Rock

by pinklemonadegurl » Feb 6, 2019
    I have not posted on here for years, but now divorced and diamond gazing with my 'new' future intended, I have gotten so much out of this thread! WF made a stunning custom setting for a large stone(with matching band) for me some years ago. Post divorce, I had it dismantled and have saved the .7 pointers for my adult son's future bride's ring. You will be so pleased with their bench work. I cannot wait to see your ring. Your stone is magnificent, and I believe you will be obsessed(with looking at it:twisted2:) And I do hope I am posting my own ACA soon!

Matthews1127, LightBright and Lykame like this.

5. Julyisjuly
    Shiny_Rock

by Julyisjuly » Feb 6, 2019
    :twisted2:
    Hi TL, may you please send me the pictures of the Ring to my email before ship out next week? I hope it's very well made and very polished.
    Looks like I will receive it right before Valentine's Day! Thanks!

Matthews1127 likes this.
  6. MissGotRocks
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by MissGotRocks » Feb 6, 2019
    You would probably be better off contacting him at the Whiteflash offices. He may or may not see this post. They do generally, however, send you glamour shots of your new ring. Can't wait to see it!

Matthews1127 likes this.
  7. Lykame
    Brilliant_Rock

by Lykame » Feb 6, 2019
    :twisted2: Hi @Julyisjuly, when you receive photos of your beautifully made and beautifully polished ring, please may you post those pictures here?

:twisted2::twisted2::twisted2:

8. Texas Leaguer
    Ideal_Rock
    Trade

by Texas Leaguer » Feb 6, 2019
    Yes, an image of the finished product is standard procedure. I will ask Becca to contact you to confirm.
    Your ring will be very well made with a high polish!

9. Julyisjuly
    Shiny_Rock

by Julyisjuly » Feb 6, 2019
    Will post back once received!

Matthews1127 and Dmndsr4evr11 like this.
  10. Julyisjuly
    Shiny_Rock

by Julyisjuly » Feb 12, 2019
    I received the ring. They provided the picture for final product after they shipped it.
    Looking at this ring I have on hand now, It's not as exactly as what I expected, i will communicate with Whiteflash, but not sure anything can happen at this stage.

11. mchap
    Rough_Rock

by mchap » Feb 12, 2019
    What do you feel did not meet your expectations? Is this the 2.14?

12. Dcrafty1
    Rough_Rock

by Dcrafty1 » Feb 12, 2019
    Wow. I would have thought everything would have gone smoothly after all your communications.

I’m sure it’s beautiful just not what you expected (wanted), which is still disappointing.

13. mrs-b
    Ideal_Rock

by mrs-b » Feb 12, 2019
    This is very disappointing - I'm so sorry, @Julyisjuly! In which ways did it not reach your expectations? Could you pls post a photo? I lost track of what style you were going with and now can't find it in the length of this thread.

Here's hoping it can be fixed!

lovedogs likes this.
  14. Jelly88
    Rough_Rock

by Jelly88 » Feb 12, 2019
    So sorry to hear that... having such a large and important purchase not meet expectations is one of the worst feelings. Would love to see some pics and understand why it’s not what you expected.

15. chamois
    Shiny_Rock

by chamois » Feb 12, 2019
    I am expecting to take delivery of a ring very soon, I won’t say from where. I hope to be wowed and not dissapointed in any way at all.

So sorry to hear this. Hopefully you will be able to get exactly what you expected/wanted.

16. blueMA
    Brilliant_Rock

by blueMA » Feb 12, 2019
    I'm so disappointed to hear that. Been waiting to see your happy update and this wait of almost a month feels like ages...Would you please elaborate what's wrong with the ring?
    Loose stone doesn't always look the same once set but is the issue with the setting?

17. Laila619
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Laila619 » Feb 12, 2019
    Oh no, what is wrong with it?

18. LinSF
    Shiny_Rock

by LinSF » Feb 12, 2019
    Hi July, I'm curious as to what's wrong with the setting in your eyes. I know you were probably pretty specific in what you were looking for.

Do you have a photo?

19. Dmndsr4evr11
    Shiny_Rock

by Dmndsr4evr11 » Feb 12, 2019
    Oh no, @Julyisjuly. When I saw my notification that you had posted, I was excited to hear what you thought and see pictures. I’m sorry to hear about your disappointment. What happened? As others have asked, what is it that did not meet your expectations? Can you please post photos?

20. tigertales
    Shiny_Rock

by tigertales » Feb 12, 2019
    Yikes ! What could go wrong with that beautiful diamond and setting you picked? I can't even imagine! Maybe it isn't as bad as all that? Just different?
    It would be nice if WF sent pictures before they ship...

Dcrafty1 likes this.
  21. Julyisjuly
    Shiny_Rock

by Julyisjuly » Feb 12, 2019
    I will say, overall setting is good.

1.Just I noted the proportion of the basket was not as what I expected. Not as the picture I sent to them at beginning.
    2. Also two prongs are bigger than other 4 prongs, so looking from top, the shape doesn't look 100% round. It's very trivial. It's just once you see it, you stare at it. And especially I called out to WF that make sure all prongs are same size at the very beginning.

I saw the comparison of Vatche similar style and HPD symphony in person, and the HPD Symphony setting is much better made than the Vatche. The one I got today is more comparable to Vatche in terms of quality.

However, to be fair, WF quoted a much lower price on this setting and WF is more transparent during my interaction with them(personal experience). So, paying a Vatche price for Vatche quality, it's fair, yeah...

Will post more pics once get off work. Thanks

22. kal2021
    Brilliant_Rock

by kal2021 » Feb 12, 2019
    Whiteflash or Vatche made your ring? My Vatche was perfect....

23. Dancing Fire
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Dancing Fire » Feb 12, 2019
    Mine was not, but this time Mr. Vatche will remake my wife's Royal Crown 119 setting himself. :clap:

24. the_mother_thing
    Ideal_Rock

by the_mother_thing » Feb 12, 2019
    @Julyisjuly Can you post the WF glamour shots you received so we can see the issue/s you’re noting?

25. kmoro
    Brilliant_Rock

by kmoro » Feb 12, 2019
    @Julyisjuly

I’m just another person chiming in! Please post pictures and tell us what you’re not pleased about! I’m super surprised to hear that the setting is lacking in some way. I went through the thread to find out what kind of setting you decided on, but I couldn’t find anything ... a few suggestions, so I think I see the direction you were headed, but nothing final ... maybe I missed it ...

26. Julyisjuly
    Shiny_Rock

by Julyisjuly » Feb 13, 2019
    IMG_4070.PNG IMG_4090.jpg IMG_4073.JPG IMG_4088.JPG IMG_4089.JPG IMG_4083.JPG

WF made my ring. I provide the picture of HPD symphony style and added some changes.

The longer I looked at it, the shape is more obvious to me, non-round, kinda like an oval.
    The prongs are thick and the crossing is high(should be lower, as I marked as green line), which push the north and south prong higher and appear like oval. When they gave the CAD, they said it will look thinner and more refined once finished. And I couldn't tell the crossing gonna be so high.

The final product doesn't look as elegant as I expected. To me, it's good but ordianary. For instance, if I saw someone post this style online, It won't catch my eyes.

AceofHearts and kal2021 like this.
  27. Julyisjuly
    Shiny_Rock

by Julyisjuly » Feb 13, 2019
    I love the stone I ended up with. If no other stones in comparison, I think my stone is great!! I am happy with my stone choice.

Ss52, LightBright, blueMA and 3 others like this.
  28. tkyasx78
    Brilliant_Rock

by tkyasx78 » Feb 13, 2019
    I think the setting is beautiful. It looks structured correctly to me. I don’t think it makes the diamond oval. It looks round! Oh and the diamond is gorgeous too!

29. kal2021
    Brilliant_Rock

by kal2021 » Feb 13, 2019
    I see what you mean. The top and bottom prongs do appear pushed out more and I see the oval shape. I’d send it back to be fixed.

30. tigertales
    Shiny_Rock

by tigertales » Feb 13, 2019
    No way !!!!

It looks like an egg!!!! what the heck?? And they sent it out to you like that??

That diamond is so beautiful I would have loved it set in a paper clip, but this is just wrong wrong wrong.
    You're absolutely right.
    Have it reset, in a different setting altogether. I wouldn't even take a chance on correcting those prongs because the issue is the base.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Ss52, AceofHearts, blueMA and 3 others like this.