shape
carat
color
clarity

Disable your electric child-proof backseat door locks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I work for my local newspaper. On Wednesday we had one of our district managers killed by train because she was not able to get out of the car in time due to the child-proof locks that needed to be unlocked by the driver.

The manager was training a new newspaper carrier. The carrier was driving along and the carrier's helper was in the front seat. The manager was in the back seat. They went over an railroad crossing that did not having crossing gates and the car became stuck (not sure why). The 2 front seat folks got out to see what was wrong and look under the car. As they did that a train came up from around a curve. They tried to get to the manager in the back seat, but didn't think clearly enough (it was 4am) to unlock the door from the front drivers seat electric locks. The just kept pulling on the door handle while the manager inside the car kept pushing. Eventually they had to jump out of the way and watched as the train plowed into the car instantly killing the manager.

She leaves behind a husband and 3 children.

Moral of the story--unless your children really need those childproof locks, you should look into having them disabled. You never know when your back seat passengers are going to need to get out quickly!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Oh my god, that is terrible. I''m so sorry for the family left.
7.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
geez, another lesson to learn from today. how horrible for all involved.

movie zombie

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sent this story to all of my friends...I know there has been a time or two when I am in the backseat of a friend''s car going ''can you open the door for me'' because the CP locks are on!! How scary and what a sad story.
15.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
deleted by author

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
How horrible!
39.gif

icefisher

Rough_Rock
Just awful.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just tragic. Hubby is disabling his as I type.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
My.... I feel numb... what a tragedy. I feel terribly sad and upset for the family of the victim and all those involved. Thank you for sharing, I hope people learn from this awful accident. I feel so shocked and upset.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results