carat
color
clarity

Dirty diamonds or just ugly?

Dirty or Ugly?

• Total voters

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
4A69113E-31E0-4FC6-B71C-33AC7EA13961.jpeg 7D45C336-3945-430E-A6F1-2E087B011B82.jpeg D6C8A1D9-124B-4CED-BEA5-AFD164EF3D36.jpeg
One of my favorite eBay vendors has these little turquoise earrings and I’m tempted to bid. I’m no rose cut diamond expert, I have one small solitaire ring that is a pain to keep clean, so I rarely wear it. I know from experience with purchasing from this vendor that they do not clean their items before photographing and selling. So I’ll ask the experts here, any way that these are just very dirty rose cuts or are they just grey, blah little diamonds?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look very included and I am not sure a cleaning will make them pretty. Can you ask the seller to clean them and take new photos?

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
They look very included and I am not sure a cleaning will make them pretty. Can you ask the seller to clean them and take new photos?
That’s kind of what I thought. From certain angles they looked like years of grime and from others they just looked ugly. I’ll see if the seller can try to clean them up a bit.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a different mindset.
I wouldn't ask them to clean them up. They are a business. If they wanted to put that much labor into them in the first place - they would have. I see it as an excuse for them to raise their price - or refuse to negotiate down any.
I don't know the asking price of these to comment on that. I'm thinking good costume jewelry price range? If they don't need rehabbing.
But if you like them, and still would like them knowing they are super wonky and included 50 shades of grey - negotiate the price to be appropriate. The one in the left looks like caked sand all up in there!?!?
If you clean them up and see damage to the settings that would require a rehab and it's not with it or they just won't clean at all- then you return them for full refund assuming their policy is so.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Both included and need cleaning.
Bit surprised at how good the turquoise cabs look, would expect discoloration given the condition of the rest of the earrings. Might be replacements or something other than turquoise?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_1376.JPG

What?!?!?How would that happen? I don't understand?
Omg... :lol-2:.

Probably thought the diamonds were too pale and needed some color... or dirty hands or a makeup sponge.

I dont like where this is taking my brain. I feel sick. :hand::???::confused::wall:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW - good costume jewelry to me means like $100.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamonds look dirty and included. One is a poorly matched replacement. If you do get these, be sure to get the the turquoise tested to confirm that they’re not glass or another dyed gem.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think those are rose cuts so much as “uncuts” or rough-cut crystals. And they do look very included. They’re interesting and quirky, but I don’t think they’ll ever be real sparklers.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to agree I don't think this is a worthwhile piece to pursue but if you were curious you could ask them to clean it up and send you more photos. But IMO those are fugly diamonds :knockout: if you enjoy sparkly diamonds.

axelrich

Rough_Rock
The diamonds look dirty and included. One is a poorly matched replacement. If you do get these, be sure to get the the turquoise tested to confirm that they’re not glass or another dyed gem.
Well said..

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Care to share a recommended Ebay vendor? I promise I won't bid on these.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugly, as in very included. TBH, they looked like pieces of included smokey quartz to me!

DK :))

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
They do have a certain charm to them. Could be fun summer earrings. It depends on the price. I tried to look up the eBay vendor to find out, but could not find it. Ask them to clean them and look at them again after.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results