shape
carat
color
clarity

Dirty Dame with a Polished Princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hello,

i have been enjoying the knowledge and eye candy here on pricescope for a few months now and this is my first post.

i wanted to share pictures of the diamond my husband proposed to me with (6 years ago). it was a surprise proposal - i did not want to know if there would be one, or when it was coming, so we did not shop together for anything. at one point in our relationship, when i felt pretty certain he was my match and that he felt the same, i let him know i liked princess cuts, platinum, and corner prongs. he did the rest. and not bad i might add, considering neither of us had any of the important knowledge found on this site and the jeweler he went to was not of the informative breed. sometimes i have yearned for a bit more fire and sparkle, and since discovering this site have coveted an ideal cut, but my diamond is beautiful in its own right and the sentimental value is far more precious to me than any "ideal" diamond could be. it was given to me with a fantasy proposal and when i look down at it i am reminded of that romantic weekend and how much my husband loves me.

that said, the setting and prongs were never quite right. i hope to someday soon dress my diamond with a new setting - and maybe a couple of side sparklers? and of course, if i do that, i may as well have a complimentary band to go with it!
2.gif
mark morell''s peices always jump out at me - and he works in my area too!! in the meantime, i finally had my rings polished and WOWZEE! what a difference THAT makes! i can almost *almost* live with this setting another 5 years. (it at least gave me the courage to join in the fun!)

princess cut
EGL cert
1.02 carat
G color
VVS1
polish VG
symmetry G
fluorescence none

measurments 5.95 x 5.54 . 3.91mm
depth 70.60%
table 81.00%
crown 5.70%
pavillion 60.60%
girdle thin to sl. thick polished
cutlet none

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a closeup at an angle

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it''s not an x-factor cut, at least not that i know of, but i always see a strong x

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous Rainydaze! I love it; looks perfect on you!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hand shot

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
last one, thought this was just a neat shot!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok, i lied. one more. i''ve never been in love with the bar going across there, very un-delicate (this late at night i make up my own words). princess'' can be a strong look, but i prefer the feminine and delicate. someday i will get there.......

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you skippy123!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous...I just love a solitaire with a plain wedding band. It realy does look great on your finger.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks gorgeous rainydaze. I love the side profile too. And I thought that what you wrote was very lovely and inspirational. All the best to you and your husband.

a

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
"Dirty Dame with a Polished Princess" - lmao, I love yer title! Oh yeah, and the Princess looks great too!! Can''t see much of the dirty dame tho...
emwink.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I think your ring is stunning and the stone is so pretty and interesting. I think your husband chose very well.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, hubby did well. Very pretty!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
That is a pretty ring. Very classic and stylish. I love it with your plain wedding band. All in all, GREAT JOB! Your hubby did really well.
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty set! You can''t go wrong with a classic like yours-it looks great on you! And I love the title of this thread, too!
3.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!! It''s amazing what a good polish can do, isn''t it? The setting looks stunning as is, but you won''t have a hard time finding enablers if you want to reset someday from MM.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very Beautiful.

Linda

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful set! Congrats!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I love your set! Your princess is a beauty.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely princess! There''s nothing like the classic elegance of a beautiful solitare!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you diamond*dana, angeline, blingergrrrl, Po10472, ellen, kohdy, thing2of2 (is that from dr. seuss? if so, LOVE it!), kcoursolle, linda w., firegoddess, anchor31, and dee*jay! i feel like a newly engaged girl, with all the shine and sparkle from the polsihing and cleaning, i can''t stop holding my hand out!

my hubby DID do a good job - especially for a man who just the other day, as we were talking about diamonds, said ''they all look the same to me. like seriously, i don''t see a difference at all from one diamond to the next!'' !!!!!!!
23.gif
that and the fact that he went simply by the 4Cs - or rather the 3 C''s, carat, color and clarity. at the time, neither of us understood the importance of cut to the brilliance of the stone. as he tells it, he just went in and said i want a one carat and i want the best color and clarity i can get for my budget. the jeweler figured he could do a G and VVS1 for his money and pulled out two stones, saying once you pick the ''class'' they are all the same so just pick one.
23.gif

"I know why we have mates in old age......it takes two to sew, dad has to thread the needle and i do the sewing." -my mom

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!!! The stone looks really big! What size fingers do you have? I love how shinny platinum is all polished up! Thank you for sharing your pictures!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi sparkles22! thank you for your kind words. i must say, i forgot just how shiny platinum could be and i am dazzled by the effect of the polishing. i have size 7 fingers. i can''t believe how many gals here have tiny fingers, size 4 and such!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous rings! (love the title of the thread, LOL)

cheers--Sharon

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
I love the way the stone looks on your finger! I think the size is perfect (are you sure it''s a 1.02ct? It looks bigger!)! I am also a platinum owner, and it always amazes me when they polish it! I can see a reflection! I think since it dulls over time so slowly from the high gloss shine you don''t really notice it, but when it comes back shinny it''s like WOW! And your ring = WOW
9.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~What a beauty!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results