shape
carat
color
clarity

different stone shapes for tension settings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shia

Rough_Rock
I''m a newbie and this may be a silly question but...can fancy square diamonds (jubilee, regent, etc) be set in a tension setting?? I''ve seen princess cuts in tension settings but I''m not a huge fan of those. Anybody have an idea? Thanks in advance!

~Shia~

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good Morning Shia,

The different manufacturers will have different policies on this. Conceptually it''s not an issue but the design of each ring is made to work with a particular variety of stones. If you have a designer whose work you like, look over their advertising or talk with the jeweler about it and see if they have a design that works with the stone you have in mind. Tension settings are much more specific about their requirements than most other designs.

By the way, tension setting can be a tricky process that involves special alloys and control of the whole process from beginning to end. Pick a manufacturer who has experience with this style of work. The best are not usually the cheapest and the differences can be subtle.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results