shape
carat
color
clarity

Different sizes of hearts

AlanDiamond

Rough_Rock
What does it mean when a GIA graded 3 EX diamond has different sizes of hearts? Is this diamond still worth considering if within PS parameters?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Please post all the images you have please.
A diamond does not have to have perfect hearts to be a pretty diamond but odd sized hearts can indicate issues that can cause eye visible face up issues.
The variation in heart sizes can be telling.

The cheated gia EX stones on the market they will often have one or 2 hearts that are significantly smaller than the others as a result of the twisted lowers to compensate for wide ranging pavilion angles and still get a EX lab symmetry grade. This results in eye visible issues face up.

AlanDiamond

Rough_Rock
diamond.jpg

This is GIA XXX with 34/41 angle

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I've been pounding away at work the last few days and not had much time to talk diamonds.

IIRC, this stone had a 34 crown & 41 pavilion. My concern was cheating of the pavilion and crossing the 41.2 mark.

Is this the same stone?

AlanDiamond

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I've been pounding away at work the last few days and not had much time to talk diamonds.

IIRC, this stone had a 34 crown & 41 pavilion. My concern was cheating of the pavilion and crossing the 41.2 mark.

Is this the same stone?

no worries :) yup this is the same stone. GIA is 34.0°, 41.0°

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It has wide ranging mains and twisted lowers if they were not blasting it with light you would see it in the regular picture.
You can see it in the arrow picture, notice how it is very dark between 2 sets of arrows,
That is how it will look in some lighting in person.
These stones drive me nutz because they are cheating the GIA system and the unsymmetrical appearance bugs me to no end.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results