shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you ever feel anxious and lonely in this Covid19 outbreak?

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Missy I am sorry to hear about your husband's cancer. Positive vibes for health and recovery in 2021.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to say if I didn't have my kids it would be a lot harder. I have a job that keeps me busy plus my kids (who also keep me busy!).When my kids go off to their Dads I do feel a little bereft but then try to keep occupied or just enjoy the solitude. This feeling isn't specific to COVID but since we separated. I do feel very very thankful that I do have a job, my overall health, still have family alive and know many people have it much worse. I know I probably sound crazy but I actually miss going into the office and just having those water cooler type conversations. The other thing, is between so many things happening this year, while I wanted to use alone time to be productive, I just didn't have the attention span. Everything was just so uncertain and upsetting. While things will be bad for the next few months and there will be more deaths, I feel there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm hoping to use the remaining self isolation time to be productive.

Last edited:

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I ended a 25 year relationship with my SO in September of 2019, however, he didn't purchase and move into his own home until this past August. Six months prior to him moving out, he started dating someone, but would come back to our home to sleep.

While I'm glad he is gone, I am terribly lonely. I consider myself to be working in healthcare and feel an obligation to my patients to be extra careful about not contracting Covid, so my life consists of going to work and coming home, and a once-every-two weeks trip to the grocery and to run any errands that need taking care of.

While I do have my fur babies to keep me company, I am terribly lonely and my greatest fear is catching Covid and becoming too sick to get help, and also not having anyone to care for the fur babies. Dating is out of the question right now because of Covid.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't realise just how easy I have had it until the outbreak in NSW.

We were always aware. Hand sanitiser, masks on public transport, social distancing etc but we have reported some of the biggest numbers since March (15,23,30,15) and it's highlighted how stressful Covid can be.

On the bright side it is amazing how adaptable everyone is. I was on the phone with various people who are supposed to attend Christmas lunch and everyone has the attitude of "Well we are looking forward to coming but if the government locks us down we can stay home and laugh about how awful 2020 is."

No one is protesting or urging anyone to have an illegal gathering. Even the more crazy people in my life are behaving fairly sanely during Covid.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started feeling really anxious in the summer, but it all changed when a friend invited us round to sit in her garden, socially distancing. (We were allowed to meet friends outside then). She went to the trouble of preparing a lovely afternoon tea for us, and it just felt so great to do something ‘normal’, that was a turning point for me. I’ve felt less anxious as the time’s gone on, that’s not to say I’m not sick of this whole pandemic and the stupid and irresponsible way people are acting, I just feel there’s light at the end of the tunnel with the vaccine being rolled out.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
@missy I feel embarrassed sharing my own little complaints here on this thread when I know there are other fellow people who have bigger issues than I am. I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby, I will pray that your hubby will go through all this well and healthy. I can't imagine how you are feeling now, prayers for you both. :cry:

A friend suggested that I should listen to delta waves on youtube to calm my mind, so far, it's doing well to keep me at peace when I listen. If you want to calm and relax your mind sometimes, you can try this little tip too.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't realise just how easy I have had it until the outbreak in NSW.

We were always aware. Hand sanitiser, masks on public transport, social distancing etc but we have reported some of the biggest numbers since March (15,23,30,15) and it's highlighted how stressful Covid can be.

On the bright side it is amazing how adaptable everyone is. I was on the phone with various people who are supposed to attend Christmas lunch and everyone has the attitude of "Well we are looking forward to coming but if the government locks us down we can stay home and laugh about how awful 2020 is."

No one is protesting or urging anyone to have an illegal gathering. Even the more crazy people in my life are behaving fairly sanely during Covid.

Im so releaved to hear this @melloyellowgirl

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ended a 25 year relationship with my SO in September of 2019, however, he didn't purchase and move into his own home until this past August. Six months prior to him moving out, he started dating someone, but would come back to our home to sleep.

While I'm glad he is gone, I am terribly lonely. I consider myself to be working in healthcare and feel an obligation to my patients to be extra careful about not contracting Covid, so my life consists of going to work and coming home, and a once-every-two weeks trip to the grocery and to run any errands that need taking care of.

While I do have my fur babies to keep me company, I am terribly lonely and my greatest fear is catching Covid and becoming too sick to get help, and also not having anyone to care for the fur babies. Dating is out of the question right now because of Covid.

Im.so sorry you are lonelly
I know it sux, furbabies are wonderful but we need humans too
I hope you work with really nice people
I know we are all far away and most of us just on the internet but we are here for you when you feel alone

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy you and Greg are in my prayers
My prayers are so long trying to get everyone in at the moment i think i must almost put God to sleep listening to it all

Hugs to everyone
Stay safe all

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I feel embarrassed sharing my own little complaints here on this thread when I know there are other fellow people who have bigger issues than I am. I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby, I will pray that your hubby will go through all this well and healthy. I can't imagine how you are feeling now, prayers for you both. :cry:

A friend suggested that I should listen to delta waves on youtube to calm my mind, so far, it's doing well to keep me at peace when I listen. If you want to calm and relax your mind sometimes, you can try this little tip too.

Please don't feel like your worries/concerns/complaints are any less so just because others are dealing with issues you deem more serious. A very wise close friend of mine who just happens to be a psychologist once told me our concerns are important to us because they affect us and one shouldn't compare concerns to others. All our concerns matter.

Thanks for the suggestion and I will try that.
Sending you good wishes and may all our cares be less worrisome soon.

@missy you and Greg are in my prayers
My prayers are so long trying to get everyone in at the moment i think i must almost put God to sleep listening to it all

Hugs to everyone
Stay safe all

Thank you sweet @Daisys and Diamonds and hugs to you. XO.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
@missy, I‘ve now just learned about what you and your husband have been going through these past few months. I’m so sorry to hear all of Greg’s health condition. Sending good vibes, healing dust through the universe to both you and Greg, as well as his physician.
May 2021 be a better, safer and saner one for all of us.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I‘ve now just learned about what you and your husband have been going through these past few months. I’m so sorry to hear all of Greg’s health condition. Sending good vibes, healing dust through the universe to both you and Greg, as well as his physician.
May 2021 be a better, safer and saner one for all of us.

Thank you @maita13 and wishing you and all your loved ones a happy and healthy holiday season and upcoming New Year. I wish that for all PSers. XO.

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
Guys, I am reading stuff about stress, anxiety and I bumped into this page (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/managing-stress-anxiety.html). There are important information and links that might be useful to us individually, considering our situation right now.

As I re-read your posts guys, I think our mental well-being is really important especially at this time. Sometimes I get frustrated with all these things we are feeling and I am having a hard time calming myself. And your comments and the things I read on that article and a few other good reads are indeed helpful.

Do you use any guided app to relieve anxiety/stress?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
@missy, sorry to hear about Hregs health issues, keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy You and your husband are in my prayers. Hugs.

Thank you @Aerielle Max. Much appreciated. Hugs to you too.

@missy, sorry to hear about Hregs health issues, keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers!

Thanks so much @jaysonsmom. I appreciate that. XO.

As I re-read your posts guys, I think our mental well-being is really important especially at this time. Sometimes I get frustrated with all these things we are feeling and I am having a hard time calming myself. And your comments and the things I read on that article and a few other good reads are indeed helpful.

Do you use any guided app to relieve anxiety/stress?

I agree it is very important to maintain one's mental/emotional health during high stress/ challenging times. Of course, we are all different with how we maintain good mental health.

For me, working out is key. When I am moving and sweating the emotional stress melts away. Almost like a release of the bad energy. It really helps me maintain my sanity. That is why I make working out daily a priority. Before almost everything else I make time for my workouts. Cardio and weights and Pilates. And occasionally meditation. They take up time but I am worth it. We all are. For me, this is what works out my anxiety best.

A good friend of mine recommended the app Calm and I admit I don't use it enough. It can be very relaxing.

Whatever works for you make time for it because now, more than ever, maintaining one's sanity when the world seems to be going mad is key to maintaining good overall health. Mental and physical well being.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DAF virtual hugs! I've been there! (I was with my ex for 25 years). While you may have to forgo physical companionship, some things that helped during that time with me (in addition to hugs from my friends and kids) may seem silly but helped: Rice bag or hot water bottle in the bed at night. I broke down and bought a down comforter which is so nice during the cold months. Yoga (and any forms of massage). Redecorate (put away things that trigger sad memories). Holding a pet. Emotionally: Before bed watching something humorous (I went through 40 rock and New girl during this time, and was watching Psych with the girls). Put on music and dance. Connection: Keep up with friends even if it is just messaging or chats. If you have an old friend that is esp great to get a perspective you had a life before and life goes on you are just older and wiser! It will get better.

voce

Ideal_Rock
@missy so sorry to hear about the delay and uncertainties with the biopsy and treatment for Greg. Sending good wishes for you both, and I hope with the vaccines coming soon these hospitals and specialty practices will not close down. I know you are both strong, and I hope for minimal progress of his disease until biopsy and surgery are available. Healing dust and hugs in the meantime.

beatricecrummles

Rough_Rock

I agree it is very important to maintain one's mental/emotional health during high stress/ challenging times. Of course, we are all different with how we maintain good mental health.

For me, working out is key. When I am moving and sweating the emotional stress melts away. Almost like a release of the bad energy. It really helps me maintain my sanity. That is why I make working out daily a priority. Before almost everything else I make time for my workouts. Cardio and weights and Pilates. And occasionally meditation. They take up time but I am worth it. We all are. For me, this is what works out my anxiety best.

A good friend of mine recommended the app Calm and I admit I don't use it enough. It can be very relaxing.

Whatever works for you make time for it because now, more than ever, maintaining one's sanity when the world seems to be going mad is key to maintaining good overall health. Mental and physical well being.

I agree - working it out is good as much as sweating is good too. Yoga is good too. It would really relax your mind from stress and other things that is bothering your mind.

@missy, any update on your situation? I am sorry to know of what you both are going through. Hoping everything would be fine.

@Aerielle Max thanks for the article. Avoid unnecessary news brought by media - start a workout, take a walk, eat healthy food and be positive :D We got a long way to go!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very anxious because my DH likely has a thyroid cancer diagnosis and we are in Covid limbo re the biopsy and surgery. Complicated by the fact he also needs his parathyroids removed so not just thyroid removal and he needs many tests leading up to this surgery.

His surgeon has been exposed to Covid so my DH's biopsy (supposed to have originally taken place December 15th) has been delayed til January 6th. Tentatively scheduled for January because that could be postponed further if his surgeon is unwell or the hospitals are forced to close to non emergency surgery. We wait while g-d forbid the cancer grows. I am very worried and anxious and I suspect anyone would be given these circumstances.

I can deal with the isolation Covid has brought but now that the threat of my DH's health is under fire everything seems much worse. :(

I don't feel lonely however. I have my DH here with me and the cats and while I miss my loved ones (parents, sister, nieces and friends) I know we will see them again hopefully in the not too far future. I speak to them via phone and for now it is OK.

@missy , I wish I could hug you and Greg! I hope everything turns out okay. Hugs and prayers during this time. I’m sorry you guys are going through this.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never felt unsafe as such but I did get lonely working from home & living alone with no pets! Couldn’t wait to get back to the office and have face-to-face conversations & banter again.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never felt unsafe as such but I did get lonely working from home & living alone with no pets! Couldn’t wait to get back to the office and have face-to-face conversations & banter again.

Maybe consider adopting a rescue cat or dog?

❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy , I wish I could hug you and Greg! I hope everything turns out okay. Hugs and prayers during this time. I’m sorry you guys are going through this.

Aww thank you so much @kayla17 I feel your virtual hugs and sending you hugs too.

@missy so sorry to hear about the delay and uncertainties with the biopsy and treatment for Greg. Sending good wishes for you both, and I hope with the vaccines coming soon these hospitals and specialty practices will not close down. I know you are both strong, and I hope for minimal progress of his disease until biopsy and surgery are available. Healing dust and hugs in the meantime.

Thank you so much @voce. Appreciate your good wishes.

Thank you @beatricecrummles. Appreciate your good wishes. As an aside, my grandma's name was Beatrice. I have always adored that name.

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock

Thank you for a very good suggestion @missy . I think I will do cardio and probably yoga too. A lot were saying that physical workout will indeed help ease anxiety.

I'll check on that app too.

Btw, how is your husband? And how are you holding up? Hugs hugs hugs. Keep safe and praying for your safety and health.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I was about to divorce just as the pandemic hit. I went from being anxious about my post divorce life to scared for my life and those of my nearest in what seemed 60 seconds. Our plans on hold, and us together, nothing has changed but the natural pause that happened with quarantine time oddly gave me the space to figure out that just because you are with someone, does not mean you aren't alone. I will say this, my soon to be ex has proven to be a friend. Perhaps this was the gift of such a scary time. I am now looking towards my future and not holding on to a fear of being on my own. I am still scared about this virus though. The potential long term effects are terrifying. I am eager for the vaccine.

@Aerielle Max try a weighted blanket. They can be expensive so layering a few extra blankets to try it out might be worth a go. I often just put a heavy comforter at my feet at night for my legs but am getting close to investing in a weighted one because this works for me. I find the weight to be soothing and I get a restful sleep which is super important for our heads.

@missy I am so sorry to learn of your husband's diagnosis. I'm really humbled by your positivity and resiliency. I do have faith that we know more about the virus than we did at the beginning and that we will not do a full shut down again. Still, I imagine how unsettling the wait is while the doctor finishes quarantine. Sending hope and faith your way that the biopsy happens soon and comes back negative.

beatricecrummles

Rough_Rock
Thank you @beatricecrummles. Appreciate your good wishes. As an aside, my grandma's name was Beatrice. I have always adored that name.

Wow I am flattered @missy. Thank you :kiss2: And I am sure your grandma is beautiful too :).

Folks, by the way, what are your thoughts regarding the vaccine?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow I am flattered @missy. Thank you :kiss2: And I am sure your grandma is beautiful too :).

Folks, by the way, what are your thoughts regarding the vaccine?

Thank you, she was a true beauty. Inside and out and honestly one of the best people I had/have the privilege of knowing and loving. My grandma, my dad and my DH are in that category.

Here's a photo of my grandma and grandpa. I named my first OEC after my grandmother. And my second OEC after her nickname for us and us for her.

grandmaandgrandpa.jpg

As for your question about the vaccine. I am for the vaccine. Without people taking it the pandemic will not end. So I hope all who can take it will.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I am so sorry to learn of your husband's diagnosis. I'm really humbled by your positivity and resiliency. I do have faith that we know more about the virus than we did at the beginning and that we will not do a full shut down again. Still, I imagine how unsettling the wait is while the doctor finishes quarantine. Sending hope and faith your way that the biopsy happens soon and comes back negative.

Thank you dear @facetgirl, he had the biopsy and it is unfortunately (but we are not surprised as the first surgeon was quite sure) cancer. His surgery is scheduled for January 13th. Complicated by a few factors so he has to stay in the hospital vs being an outpatient procedure. I am hoping and praying it will go well and he will be fine. It's just going to be a challenging surgery (his thoracic duct is up in the neck as evidenced by the CT scan and in danger of being injured during the surgery and he needs his parathyroids removed as well) and we are looking forward to being successfully past this. Thank you for your well wishes.

I am keeping you in my thoughts as well and sending many good wishes your way. I am so sorry about the challenges you are facing and I am sending you hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for a very good suggestion @missy . I think I will do cardio and probably yoga too. A lot were saying that physical workout will indeed help ease anxiety.

I'll check on that app too.

Btw, how is your husband? And how are you holding up? Hugs hugs hugs. Keep safe and praying for your safety and health.

I hope you find the app helpful. Thank you for asking about my DH and me. We are doing OK. One day at a time. I so appreciate your good thoughts and wishes. Thank you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results