shape
carat
color
clarity

Did/will anyone wear hoop earrings on the big day?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Has or is anyone planning to wear hoop earrings for their wedding? I had picked out the perfect earrings but they were sold on me. Then I found some hoops that i''m in love with, but I don''t know if they''ll "go" with my outfit, or if they''re too informal. Just wondering if anyone else wore hoops (or is planning to), and what they looked like?

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I considered wearing some sparkly hoops for a bit, but then realized that they really wouldn''t go with my dress. So, I plan to do chandelier earrings, instead.
If you love the hoops and they go with your dress, by all means, wear them.
1.gif

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe you could post a picture of your dress and a picture of the hoops you''re considering and get people''s opinions. That might get you some solid answers... if that''s what you prefer. Just a thought.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Are thye big JLo hoops or small hoops? I wore small diamond and emerald hoops tht were sentimental to me. I think chandelier earrings would have looked best, but in the end I wanted to wear the earrings D had given me several years before. They were the only piece of jewelry I wore that day.

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
I was a little nervous to post pics incase someone saw them and liked them, and then they sold on me - that would really make me sad! But, I really love them and I want your guys' opinion, so here they are...

They are about 2" diameter. I don't have a good pic of my dress, but it's a warm ivory. I'll be wearing my hair mostly down. My bouquet will have pink in it, and probably gold accents. No necklace.

hoopsilove.jpg

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Here is the dress, but mine''s in ivory.

ec3e_20.jpg

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
Why not buy the earrings.... you obviously love them, so even if you didn''t like the look with your dress I am sure that you would wear them on another occassion. So, that way you can try them on with your dress and post a picture on here for us. I think they are gorgeous, something I would probably choose for everyday wear (though I like silver tones and white gold more), but not for my wedding. I am going more for the sparkly, dangly look! But I think they are unique and gorgeous.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not sure what your hair is like, but I know whenever I wear half-hoops like that, they get soooo tangled in my hair. My hair is normally straight but whether I leave it straight or make it curly, my hair just wraps itself around them. Especially with those little roses sticking off the hoops, all I can think about is how much it will hurt to untangle them from your hair at the end of the night! They are beautiful though, and I think they would be great with your dress, but I think I would only wear them if I were wearing my hair up. Just MHO!!

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
Wow this site has a lot of great pieces.... I love these earrings and they scream bridal!

e336whiteongreen-360x367.jpg

Foureyes

Rough_Rock
Honestly, I think those hoops would look smashing with that dress. The dress, to me, has a really flowing, young quality to it, which I think lends itself perfectly to the hoops you''ve posted. It would be a romantic, unique look. Really, I hope you go for it! If my dress worked that well with hoops, I wouldn''t hesitate for a second wearing them for my wedding.

Let us know what you choose, and post pictures if or when you get them!!

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 2:12:54 PM
Author: karasue91
I''m not sure what your hair is like, but I know whenever I wear half-hoops like that, they get soooo tangled in my hair. My hair is normally straight but whether I leave it straight or make it curly, my hair just wraps itself around them. Especially with those little roses sticking off the hoops, all I can think about is how much it will hurt to untangle them from your hair at the end of the night! They are beautiful though, and I think they would be great with your dress, but I think I would only wear them if I were wearing my hair up. Just MHO!!
I was kinda worried about this, as the site said that you have to be careful as these earrings get caught in hair or scarves. I would have my hair down that day with curls/waves. Maybe I should buy a cheap pair of half hoops and try them out before I buy these, in case they cause me too much "tangle hassle"
1.gif

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
these were the other ones that got scooped on me - i actually contacted the seller to see if she could make more. These definitely "go" and they were my first choice. I wish they came in gold tones tho - i
emlove.gif
anything yellow gold! Hmmm, maybe if she makes more i''ll see if she''ll do YG.

Can you tell i also LOOOOVE unsymmetrical pearls!

pearl_earrings.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results