shape
carat
color
clarity

Did the Print Get Smaller?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did the print on Pricescope get smaller or did I do something to my computer to reduce it? If it was I who did something, can anyone tell me what I might have done and how to undo it!!?? I can''t read without straining!!

Deb
34.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine looks the same, but you can always make things bigger in your browser, by going up to the top of the nav bar on your browser (this screen you have open where you are reading my post)....up to View at the top of the screen, pull that down, choose Text Size...you may have it set on Medium or similar, choose Large or Largest and you will see a huge difference. I just tried it and Largest is VERY LARGE.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks the same to me too. Did you try Mara''s suggestion??

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Mine looks smaller too. I don''t know what happened. You can fix it the way already mentioned above.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2006 2:21:46 PM
Author: kaleigh
Looks the same to me too. Did you try Mara''s suggestion??

Just did and it worked. Although I had already had it set for 100% (I didn''t get choices like "medium" and "large"; I got percentages.) Changing from 100% to 120% restored the look I had had on this site peviously! Now all I have to do is find out if other things I read on the ''net are huge!!

Thank you both, Mara and Lisa!

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2006 2:35:14 PM
Author: AGBF
Now all I have to do is find out if other things I read on the ''net are huge!!

We have a problem here. The print on other websites is now absolutely enormous! Think Alice when she was small for Pricescope earlier and Alice when her head went through the roof of the house for, "The New York Times" now that the print is set at 120%!!!

Deb
34.gif

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Humm, I was wondering the same thing. I thought I accidentally hit a wrong key, but I guess not.

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
There''s something funny going on with the site templates. The print on everyone''s posts got smaller, but the headers (eg at the top where it says Home > Pricescope cafe > Hangout > Did the Print Get Smaller?) is now huge.

I find a lot of websites use print too small for me to read comfortably so I routinely make pages bigger or smaller all the time. Pricescope posts were tiny compared to normal when I opened it up this morning, so I just made the whole page bigger. The posts are now "normal", but the headings are enormous compared to yesterday.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I actually changed a few fonts from fixed 12px to floating x-small size, which should look just fine for Normal and 100% font size.

I can restore it but then folks with high-resolution dispays will not be able to increase the font size
40.gif

What dispay resolution do you guys have?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm...everything looks fine to me!!
2.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2006 3:57:14 PM
Author: cinnabar
There''s something funny going on with the site templates. The print on everyone''s posts got smaller, but the headers (eg at the top where it says Home > Pricescope cafe > Hangout > Did the Print Get Smaller?) is now huge.

I find a lot of websites use print too small for me to read comfortably so I routinely make pages bigger or smaller all the time. Pricescope posts were tiny compared to normal when I opened it up this morning, so I just made the whole page bigger. The posts are now ''normal'', but the headings are enormous compared to yesterday.

Mine was the same way last time I was on, but now its normal. I''m confused.
33.gif

And my res is 1024x768

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I have a very high resolution display on my computer (1280 X 1024). If I increase the font size on this page, then all other pages I visit are bigger than I like. I personally don''t mind the smaller font, but it''ll take me some getting used to.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Since last night I''ve also had to enlarge my browser view to be able to get my font back to the "normal" size. But I''ve logged in today and now it seems to be back to normal.
33.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, I noticed it too and I hated it. I made mine bigger like Mara suggested. I use safari (for mac) and it worked. The font for other websites remained the same.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am having problems with the new font. Every time I return to Pricescope from somewhere else I have to change it again. I don''t know anything about resolution. All I know is that I used to be able to read Pricescope easily and now I cannot. If we are voting, I vote (as many times as I am able) to go back to the way that worked!

Deb
34.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2006 6:52:20 PM
Author: AGBF

I am having problems with the new font. Every time I return to Pricescope from somewhere else I have to change it again. I don''t know anything about resolution. All I know is that I used to be able to read Pricescope easily and now I cannot. If we are voting, I vote (as many times as I am able) to go back to the way that worked!

Deb
34.gif
Count me in with you Deb. I didn''t notice it earlier but now I do.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I noticed that the font was smaller earlier today. I thought my eyes were playing tricks......
emotion-15.gif

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
My display is 1280 x 768 pixels. Right now the print is back to normal, but earlier today it was way too small for my old tired eyes. I needed to increase the font size to read the posts...oh to be young again!
39.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I turned it back to the previous size a couple of hours ago. 1280x1000 is rather standard resolution today. New display are comming with 1680x1050 and 1900x1600 pixels.

With such high resolution screens the current font is very small to read.
40.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Irina!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Me eyes are getting old!!
3.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Irina- these old eyes aren''t doing so well even after the Lasik!

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Nan, how do you like your Lasik? I''m considering it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2006 7:50:32 PM
Author: Pricescope
I turned it back to the previous size a couple of hours ago. 1280x1000 is rather standard resolution today. New display are comming with 1680x1050 and 1900x1600 pixels.

Thanks, Irina. I won''t buy a new computer. I''ll keep my money for a diamond tennis bracelet and some 24K gold bangle bracelets, instead!

Deb
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Funny thing was actually my fonts were LARGER with the modifications, not smaller. So my Comic Sans fonts were bigger here as I type and as I read others posts they were larger too.

Just depends on your computer...but personally I was fine with it either way especially since you could modify using text size like anyone else. I wouldn''t presume to think that the whole site would be changed or ask it to remain the same just to make ME happy.
2.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2006 9:19:45 PM
Author: Mara
I wouldn''t presume to think that the whole site would be changed or ask it to remain the same just to make ME happy.
2.gif

You should not have admitted this publicly. Your image has been ruined. You will never be regarded as a Princess.

Deb
17.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats okay Deb....now I can be considered a MYSTERY which is more fun than a Princess sometimes.
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to know I wasn''t losing my mind . . . or my vision!
1.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
No prob folks, when you update your comps instead of diamonds let me know.
35.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2006 10:16:04 PM
Author: Pricescope
No prob folks, when you update your comps instead of diamonds let me know.
35.gif

I think I agree with Deb. If I had to choose between more diamond jewelry or a new computer I would pick the diamonds so it might be awhile!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results