shape
carat
color
clarity

Did Any PSers Snag BB Namibian Tourmalines?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Three of them, too beautiful to describe. I hope somebody here will fess up & post pics when it (they) arrive!

Are you out there, lucky buyer?

--- Laurie

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those were pretty spectacular, weren't they? I was surprised that pink'ish cushion took so long to sell.

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Laurie ~

Those tourms are sooo beautiful! :love: I wish one was mine!

Athena ~

I was surprised about the cushion tourmaline as well. He'll have another for sale soon; I returned the pink tourm cushion I purchased last week. It pains me because Barry's cutting is to-die-for, but the pink was way off from what I want. Seriously, I cannot 'read' Barry's photos when it comes to color. I am always asking him a million questions. :loopy:

~ faegrace

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
faegrace: OMG that colour-shift one?! :love:

*SITS ON HANDS*

*THINKS OF ANYTHING BUT TOURMALINES*

Sparkly_Not_Gaudy

Rough_Rock
faegrace|1305823678|2925739 said:
It pains me because Barry's cutting is to-die-for, but the pink was way off from what I want. Seriously, I cannot 'read' Barry's photos when it comes to color. :loopy:

~ faegrace
Have you considered having your monitor calibrated?

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Nat ~

It's not really a color shift. It's this one.

BB%20pink%20tourmaline.jpg

Really beautiful but just not what I am in the market for.

Sparkly ~

Okay, forgive my ignorance, but short of adjusting the color with the button that offers: text, internet, games, etc., on my actual monitor, what can I do? :oops:

~ faegrace

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
faegrace|1305825257|2925763 said:
Nat ~

It's not really a color shift. It's this one.

BB%20pink%20tourmaline.jpg

Really beautiful but just not what I am in the market for.

Sparkly ~

Okay, forgive my ignorance, but short of adjusting the color with the button that offers: text, internet, games, etc., on my actual monitor, what can I do? :oops:

~ faegrace
Oh! How big was that? How would you describe the color?

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Hi, Athena ~

It is 4.06ct and 9.4mm. Barry describes it as medium to medium-dark pink. I am hard-pessed to describe the color. I found it kind of like an orangey-rose. I am looking for a true pink. It'll be in his hands tomorrow, if you're interested. Again, gorgeous cutting.

~ faegrace

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I got two of them, and also picked up the golden beryl catseye.

BB Namibian 6mm tourmaline.jpg

BB Namibian 7.1mm tourmaline.jpg

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
This is unrelated, but I love Barry's cushions! (I have a peridot of his as my avatar.) I was really tempted to buy that tourmaline cushion last night but I'm planning to have some other things set so I passed on it. ;( I do however plan to buy either a garnet or tourmaline one from him in the future. There was a beautiful red garnet one he listed a couple of months ago that I regret not buying.

(BTW, I saw a green-blue Mozambique tourmaline cut by Barry listed on DB a couple of days ago.)

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Xiriah ~

Your avatar is gorgeous. I have yet to find the right peridot and that yours is a Barry cushion.., you lucky lady!

I saw that blue-green of which you speak. I wonder if it is the right color and size to suit my three stone purple sapphire project. Hmm.

~ faegrace

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Even more off-topic, I'd say BB is my favorite cutter of all time, but I found an amazing peridot on Roger Dery's site yesterday and thought to myself, "damn, I wish I wanted a peridot." But I thought I'd show you guys.

Lg-PeridotSqCu6_39ct.jpg

A

Anonymous

My goodness that's a pretty pink cushion on Barry's website! :love: I'd love to have one of his someday, but for now I'll just occasionally pop in to drool. :tongue:

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
faegrace|1305830962|2925837 said:
Xiriah ~

Your avatar is gorgeous. I have yet to find the right peridot and that yours is a Barry cushion.., you lucky lady!

I saw that blue-green of which you speak. I wonder if it is the right color and size to suit my three stone purple sapphire project. Hmm.

~ faegrace

Thanks faegrace! :)) It's my first cushion I bought from Barry and it looks so much more lively in person! I'm considering having it set into a ring one day. I hope you find a teal stone to go with your sapphires. I'll let you know if I see anything.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty -- For gosh sakes, you hit the jackpot -- bought the jackpot, I mean! Oh, I'm dying of deep green saturated envy!!! What do you plan to do with them? I looked at that cat's eye a couple of times, almost bought it but it isn't the right size for what I'm thinking of.

Please post a million or so pics when those arrive!!!!!

--- Laurie

GreyCat

Rough_Rock
:wavey: First post, long time lurker.

I got the third Namibian and I got the pink cushion as well!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, GreyCat and an official welcome to PS! :wavey:

I think I speak for all of us when I say, please post pics of both your beautiful new gems.

~ faegrace

GreyCat

Rough_Rock
Thanks faegrace-- I definately will post pictures.

And thank you to all of you here, I've learned so much from everyone.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had already bought a blue tourm cushion a few weeks ago, so I sat on my hands this time. :bigsmile:

bgtourm.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
MakingTheGrade|1305856580|2926201 said:
I had already bought a blue tourm cushion a few weeks ago, so I sat on my hands this time. :bigsmile:
Jealous!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
mtg, what do you have planned for that cushion?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Where's MINE???? Honest, Santa, I've been reeeeally good!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Faegrace: I really love it - that orangey-pink is just perfect IMO - but I can't go spending on any more loose stones while my ering is being designed. SAVE GIRL :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1305863891|2926295 said:
mtg, what do you have planned for that cushion?

I have too many rings, it is currently with sally to be set in a pendant with benitoite accents.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm temporarily off buying cs... and it's killing me! I do have an amazing supernova Namibian tourm from Barry that I got a few months ago. I'll see if I can find the picture.

Here it is.
1.36 carats 7.5x6

nam tourm.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
OOohh his supernova is my absolute favorite cut!!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know, I love his supernova as well. I'm not sure which I like more, his supernova or cushion :love: :love: .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results