shape
carat
color
clarity

Dichroic glass

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cave Keeper

Shiny_Rock
Well, got a shock after buying a jadeite filter to find lots of jadeite pieces do not remain green with the filter. Many nice green ones turned white! Don''t know what that means because the instructions say that genuine ones stay green while dyed ones turn reddish under the filter.

Found out also opal synthesis research is becoming popular in the labs in Australia, Russia and North America. So there goes opal.

Still looking at Ammolite.

But what a shock to find Dichroic Glass jewelry has a beauty of its own that''s hard to match, even by opal, which itself is much more dazzling than many other gemstones, including Paraiba Tourmaline.

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
Where did you find a jade filter? I would love to have one in my collection of toys. There is a company called Mason Kay who are the experts on jade in this country. Don't give up on opal, Yowahnut opal and Koroit can not be simulated, are fairly inexpensive and more durable than amolite. Dicroic glass is interesting, one of the top appraisers in AZ wears in on his necklace, and he has access to everything.
Scott

Cave Keeper

Shiny_Rock
Use any search engine with the words "Jadeite filter" and you should have a list of suppliers.

2 Suppliers:-

Gemstonepress.com

Thaigems.com

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the tip, if Thaigems has it, I will be in Bangkok in a few weeks. Can't believe that I missed a toy out there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results