shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamonds vs boy toys:-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
So, I am sitting here enjoying my awesome WF baby bezel dangles which arrived today!!!

Yay!!! and we bit the bullet and got DH''s "boy toy" celebration gift for his new job
36.gif
a 40 inch samsung tv to replace our old 13 inch TV which weas alos a TV/VCR combo from 1993.

He''s ecstatic.

Why am I still up at 1:30 am? b/c he''s admiring the new TV
20.gif

The good news is I also got to put in an offer for the LOGR bezel eternity band I''ve been wanting for a "for now" RHR, so we''ll see if that works out. After that we are DONE with big purchases for this year (and maybe next) but I am hoping to start collecting OECs for the my ultimate RHR, a 1.5-2 ctw OEC RHR in a trellis setting with pointy claw prongs between the stones and I think a half bezel on the outer edge of each outside stone (that will take a while to get off the ground though. My plan is to collect matching OECs for major events like birthday, anniversary, christmas...
2.gif

Anyway, just wanted to share that DH thinks I''m nuts b/c I like sparkly things, but show him a gadget and he''s mesmerized. He was so cute though, we bought the TV and he almost had a panic attack in the store b/c he couldn''t believe that 1. we were actually buying it and 2. we were spending that much money at once
2.gif
We usually live very frugally, but figured this was an excellent reason to splurge!

I love him so much, he really is adorable. (and we both love our awesome "big kid" toys
2.gif
)

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Bella - I laughed out loud when I opened this thread and read what it was about. When I saw the topic I thought to myself, "Hmmmm, diamonds or 20 year old Abercrombie Models. Tough choice."

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 2:41:29 AM
Author: LAJennifer
Bella - I laughed out loud when I opened this thread and read what it was about. When I saw the topic I thought to myself, ''Hmmmm, diamonds or 20 year old Abercrombie Models. Tough choice.''
Oh good. I''m not the only one whose mind went in the gutter!
11.gif

Maybe "toys for boys"
2.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
ha-ha-ha-ha-ha...

yes, important difference
2.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a good thing in my house that DH like his toys and watches because it takes the pressure off me for buying my jewelry. Now I just need more spending money. BTW, we got the 42" Samsung this summer and love it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The boys get their toys, we get diamonds, sounds good to me!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2010 1:40:51 AM
Author:Bella_mezzo
So, I am sitting here enjoying my awesome WF baby bezel dangles which arrived today!!!

Yay!!! and we bit the bullet and got DH''s ''boy toy'' celebration gift for his new job
36.gif
a 40 inch samsung tv to replace our old 13 inch TV which weas alos a TV/VCR combo from 1993.
that''s the one i want for my bedroom.
36.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
he''s in
30.gif
, still in shock that we got it, but in
30.gif
nonetheless. I have to say it''s beautiful. It feels pretty big in our 11X19 living room, and boy is he glad he made an 11th hour decision (literally 1 minute before best buy closed) to get the 40 and not the 46 inch Samsung. YIKES, the 16 inch would have been to big. I thought that all along, but he could do whatever he wanted with his budget so it wasn''t my decision. My eyes hurt with the 40, with the 46 I think I would have to stop watching TV:)

Today, he played with the TV and I did a photo shoot of my jewelry and posted it on SMTR and Colored stones...how obsessed can you get
20.gif
Also, he''s making dinner and I did a ton of homework, so in all not a bad day.
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2010 7:58:33 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
he''s in
30.gif
, still in shock that we got it, but in
30.gif
nonetheless. I have to say it''s beautiful. It feels pretty big in our 11X19 living room, and boy is he glad he made an 11th hour decision (literally 1 minute before best buy closed) to get the 40 and not the 46 inch Samsung. YIKES, the 16 inch would have been to big. I thought that all along, but he could do whatever he wanted with his budget so it wasn''t my decision. My eyes hurt with the 40, with the 46 I think I would have to stop watching TV:)

Today, he played with the TV and I did a photo shoot of my jewelry and posted it on SMTR and Colored stones...how obsessed can you get
20.gif
Also, he''s making dinner and I did a ton of homework, so in all not a bad day.
2.gif
BM...i only need a 37" for my bedroom,but you know what is really crazy? a 37" is price the same as a 40".
33.gif

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
WE have the 40" Samsung and it has been PERFECT!!! We love it! We''re planning on moving it up to our bedroom later this year (after the wedding) and getting a new Samsung LED (bigger of course bc FI is involved
2.gif
) Samsungs have such GORGEOUS pictures and blue ray movies look amazing on them!

Now, I just need some "high def" studs for myself and we''ll be set
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results