shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamonds-USA.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shar

Rough_Rock
Has anyone had experience with buying a ring on www.Diamonds-USA.com? They have the setting I like best but am not sure about them as a vendor.

Also, I like the shape of a triangle diamond as something interesting and different but am not sure about the quality and security of them staying in a setting. I am very new to this so any help is appreciated. Is there something I should be looking for when buying a diamond ring with an unusual shaped diamond.

Thanks.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"A princess cut diamond generally has 76 facets, giving it more brilliance and fire than the round brilliant."
23.gif

http://www.diamonds-usa.com/diamonds/princess_diamonds.asp

Which setting do you like? Maybe we can find something similiar.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2006 5:21:17 AM
Author:shar
Has anyone had experience with buying a ring on www.Diamonds-USA.com? They have the setting I like best but am not sure about them as a vendor.

Also, I like the shape of a triangle diamond as something interesting and different but am not sure about the quality and security of them staying in a setting. I am very new to this so any help is appreciated. Is there something I should be looking for when buying a diamond ring with an unusual shaped diamond.

Thanks.
You''re take on this site I believe are well based.

Years ago this vendor, published copies of GIA reports where AGS cut grades were added by him to the report.

These modifications were of his own doing.

This was reported to GIA and AGS and he stopped that practice.

I looked at the site today, at several diamonds

I looked at the certificate links, and all the plots pictured don''t show the inclusions in the stone, and I couldn''t find any GIA reports where the cut grade ( which is on the new reports) is shown. I looked at stones that had clarity grades from SI- I-2, and on those type stones the inclusions on the plots should appear obvious. All the copies of the plots that I saw didn''t show the inclusions.

Additionally, while the report number is there, the date of the report isn''t. You might be able to see the actual report on the GIA website, but most vendors show accurate copies of the reports issued by a lab.

I am not sure if GIA would like what he''s done. I tihink their reports if used to help sell a diamond should be "published in their full appearance" not modified.

Be guided accordingly....

Rockdoc
i

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock

Triangular shaped diamonds are usually cut from strained rough, that is very thin. This type of diamond rough is called a mackle.

I would advise that you have an expert review any stone in person that you pick.

Rockdoc

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Out of curiosity I went to their website. I wouldn't consider purchasing anything from them, period. What hokey they profess.......

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2006 10:46:16 AM
Author: Rod
Out of curiosity I went to their website. I wouldn't consider purchasing anything from them, period. What hokey they profess.......
HI Rod,

Well, I was making an attempt to be a little more diplomatic,and factual.

But you take on the site, expressed the way you said is well based.

There's quite a bit of stuff from the posterior of the bull present there.

Rockdoc

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2006 10:55:19 AM
Author: RockDoc

Date: 7/26/2006 10:46:16 AM
Author: Rod
Out of curiosity I went to their website. I wouldn''t consider purchasing anything from them, period. What hokey they profess.......
HI Rod,

Well, I was making an attempt to be a little more diplomatic,and factual.

But you take on the site, expressed the way you said is well based.

There''s quite a bit of stuff from the posterior of the bull present there.

Rockdoc
Bill.......I can be a bull in a china shop from time to time, but the way I see it is you''re in the trade and I''m just a consumer. I suppose I would expect you to be diplomatic, where I can say pretty much what I want........
31.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Hey Rod (or Rock),

Is there any text you can point me to that seems off? I''m up for a good yuk!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ira,

Just start with what JulieN wrote above, which is a direct quote from their absurdly amusing website!!

shar

Rough_Rock
I like the setting with sapphire baguettes. I can''t seem to find any other websites that have sapphire baguettes.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2006 2:52:49 PM
Author: shar
I like the setting with sapphire baguettes. I can''t seem to find any other websites that have sapphire baguettes.

I''d find a reputable custom jeweler and have them make it.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2006 11:28:45 AM
Author: Regular Guy
Hey Rod (or Rock),

Is there any text you can point me to that seems off? I''m up for a good yuk!

Hi Ira

If your referring to the diamonds usa website.....

Look at the quality of the stones he has, look at the proportions, think whether you agree that a Princess really has morens more light return than a round stone, then as you look at each stone click on the certicate copy link thingy and look at the plots for the stones offered from SI- I-2 ''s which show no markings on the plots.

Also take note of how many of their stones have strong fluoresence without any disclosure of whether it affects the stone''s appearance.

Rockdoc

shar

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help everyone.

We live overseas in a country where I do not have a jeweler I would trust. I will look for something similar if not the same from one of the other vendors listed here.

Is Mondera reputable?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results