shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamonds from the sky

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
This story in the UK press today - the world's first zero impact diamonds being created from nothing more than carbon from the air, wind and solar energy and rainwater.

The 'sky mining facility' sounds a bit James Bondish, but it's certainly an interesting concept.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool!

VDK1

Shiny_Rock
"Diamonds in the sky"? They are not new:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This story in the UK press today - the world's first zero impact diamonds being created from nothing more than carbon from the air, wind and solar energy and rainwater.

The 'sky mining facility' sounds a bit James Bondish, but it's certainly an interesting concept.

Interesting read, thanks for sharing.

DK :))

love succulents

Rough_Rock
Really cool. Hope it turns out a success. Diamonds aside, it’s great to have carbon neutral — or even better, carbon negative — initiatives.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Really cool. Hope it turns out a success. Diamonds aside, it’s great to have carbon neutral — or even better, carbon negative — initiatives.

I agree. From the article it looks like the gentleman in question has already made his millions from renewable energy. To move into diamonds doesn't at first seems like a logical move but if the actual motive is carbon capture and more environmentally friendly diamonds are a consequence that sounds like a win to me. Not to mention that the man is UK based so hopefully also means easier access to lab diamonds for us UK peeps.

nojs

Shiny_Rock
Reading this actually makes me wonder if mined diamonds are the fur coats of the future: something that is still a luxury, but is disliked and viewed unethical by many.

At the same time, it also makes me appreciate the natural gemstones I have, which came from 100 % ethical sources (mines I have visited myself and that are located in welfare nations).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results