shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamonds and etiquette

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps that rule of etiquette (outdated in today's culture) was important to royalty. You wouldn't want to sport your diamond encrusted tiara to a polo match. How uncouth! :lol:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Etiquette Shmetiquette!
I'm sure this article refers to tiaras, chokers, chandelier earrings, etc.
All of which I would wear to breakfast if I had them!

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've heard this rule because of my old southern grandmother, who articulated it as "No diamonds before dinner." :hand:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah but I like that she wears the diamonds. I have to say that I'm ok with Camilla. No one can replace Diana. The monarchy and its rules ruined plenty of people's lives...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rule #10- I guess I better respect my servants more!

Obviously written by someone with no diamonds!

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Actually this is sort of an 'old money' value.
I have to admit that I have this internalized. It's why I am uncomfortable with tennis bracelets or blingy watches-lol.
But I am conservative (and older) and in the Midwest.

The value system does not wear more than wedding/engagement rings On left hand and perhaps a family ring on right hand (ring finger only). No thumb rings or pinkie rings.
Not right or wrong but just different. Think Martha Stewart style. Someone who does not wear sequined clothing or monograms.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. I will not stand if my feet hurt or I think you're beneath me

2. If you have chocolate on your cheek I may lick it

3. The guest of honor gets to sit between the host and hostess if they're having a 3 some

4. Look at a man and say "boner petite"

And that's all I've got lololololol!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
UGH... can't stand Camilla or any woman who would carry on an affair with a married man. Those are quite some diamonds. I don't think they really do much for her though.
What a ridiculous thought~no diamonds before 6 p.m.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is a poor replacement for Diana:-o
upload_2017-6-25_15-55-21.png

Yep, she doesn't throw herself while pregnant down the stairs, or unload her marital and mental health issues on her very young sons.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those diamonds are just OTT! I'm not sure a younger woman could carry them off, can't see waif-like Kate being able to take the weight!

Imho, the diamond "rules" are old fashioned, made in a time when only the richest people had access to proper jewellery.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, she doesn't throw herself while pregnant down the stairs, or unload her marital and mental health issues on her very young sons.
I almost didn't post my previous comment because I knew someone would disagree.....

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. I will not stand if my feet hurt or I think you're beneath me

2. If you have chocolate on your cheek I may lick it

3. The guest of honor gets to sit between the host and hostess if they're having a 3 some

4. Look at a man and say "boner petite"

And that's all I've got lololololol!

You have me in tears PB!:lol:

Well, I'm from new money (just printed it yesterday) so I does what I wants!;-)

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imho, the diamond "rules" are old fashioned, made in a time when only the richest people had access to proper jewellery.

Yes, and the rich also would "dress" for the evening meal, while the rest of the world was lucky have a meal, let alone the ability to change into more formal clothing and add the bling. Today, we may be able to make the change, but we don't, unless we are going out or having company.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've heard the rest of those before, in some form or another. I translate the no diamonds before 6 to no fancy jewelry before 6. Therefore diamond studs are ok lol! but yes in the Midwest sometimes the jewelry worn can be pretty conservative: engagement ring and wedding band on left hand if married, gold studs or gold hoops, and maybe a cross necklace. No blingy watches. But maybe things have changed

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I almost didn't post my previous comment because I knew someone would disagree.....

Stracci, if ever there was a meaningless topic to just bat around, right????:lol-2::mrgreen:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Etiquette Shmetiquette!
I'm sure this article refers to tiaras, chokers, chandelier earrings, etc.
All of which I would wear to breakfast if I had them!

Amen to that sister!:love:
And anyone who criticizes is just plain old jealous anyway :whistle: because they don't have tiaras and bling dripping with gorgeous diamonds.:cheeky::halo:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha. I posted last week that I had found some jewelry pieces. I've been wearing any and all of them every day. Not showered yet? Who cares when you are wearing diamonds, gemstones, whatever appeals?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If wearing diamonds during the day is wrong, then I don't want to be right! Haha

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a great deal of sympathy for Camilla, but I do not know why that means one has to denigrate Diana. She obviously entered her marriage without having any understanding of what it was about; was very hurt and felt trapped. She had no way out at that time and had no hope. I might have been suicidal, too, if I thought I would never be loved by anyone ever again in my life because I was trapped forever with a man who didn't love me and I couldn't leave.

I do not blame Camilla for having been deeply in love with Charles before any of this other stuff began.

I used to blame Prince Harry for for dressing up as a Nazi, but as I have learned more about his struggles, read how he said no child should have to walk a long distance behind his mother's casket in front of millions of people just days after her death and how he just wanted to escape The Royal Family, I now have a great deal more sympathy for him.

I am not saying that being a member of the Royal Family is a hardship akin to being a Syrian refugee, but I do think that we all tend to minimize the struggles of others. That is why I like the saying "be kind; everyone you meet is fighting a battle". I have seen it used here on Pricescope.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Duchess of Cornwall may wear a lot of bling, but she knows the rules about when and where to wear it! Pul-leeze do not suggest that she would have gone out dressed in that tiara to an afternoon tea party! If you think otherwise, I invite you to join the discussions in the Royal Jewels Thread!

Link...https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/royal-jewels.73838/page-404

Some of us do care about royal jewels, you know!

AGBF
:saint:

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DIamonds are great accent stones.:lol:;-):mrgreen: Don't beat me y'all, I'm just a color girl! If I could afford colored diamonds I'd be all in. but I need a sugar daddy for that.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DuchessInRubies.jpg
DIamonds are great accent stones.:lol:;-):mrgreen: Don't beat me y'all, I'm just a color girl! If I could afford colored diamonds I'd be all in. but I need a sugar daddy for that.

Now the Royal Jewels thread is full of colored stones, my dear friend, Arcadian!!!

Come take a look! There are many more photos of rubies, sapphires, and emeralds, like these there. :lickout:

Deb

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results