shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond with good potential ???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marv117

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone.

My time for purchasing a diamond is nearing. And time really has flown by. The moment of truth is almost around the corner and my shopping-around needs to kick it up a notch and put more seriousness into it. With that said, here is a stone which, I believe, has good potential.

This stone is from Superbcert.com: 1.35 G I1 H&A (click here for more details)

This diamond has a crystal near the center of the stone but as you can see the rest of the stone is great! The crystal is the reason for the I1 grade. The Bscope, Imagescope, and Hearts and arrows images are great!

superbcert_135-g-i1_small1.jpg
Here is a pic of the diamond that's been resized to .75 inches which is a little closer to what it may look like in real life. Now in real life, with the great light return and scintillation from this diamond this would almost be unnoticeable, correct? I mean, I've been looking at engagements rings of people that I know or people I work with and most of the time, if not all the time, nobody actually puts the ring close to their eye to examine it. That's why I am considering this diamond. This diamond may actually look great.

I would love to hear your comments on this stone. Pros and cons would be much appreciated.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I surely agree. Even in the large picture the inclusion did not really bother me. However, I am a colored stone fan, so I am more tolerant of inclusions than perhaps diamond lovers are. After all, a ruby with such clarity would be a true champion! While the inclusions in a small diamond (even I1) may not be distiguishable with the naked eye at 'arm length', they do make a difference in light return (since they obstruct light passing through the cristal) so the more included diamond will have less sparkle. Is this an issue? Well, if the stone is not outright dull and it will not have to stand side by side with perfect cousins all day... and if knowing you have an I1 down there does not bother you - Why not!
1.gif
Surely, a good cut makes a difference even for the most unfortunate inclusions. As far sa the pic shows, this diamond is not particularly bad at all.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I don't usually knock a diamonds that are pictured here on PS but that crystal is a reflector. Look at the picture!In other words the crystal is in the heart and low causing it to reflect off of every pavilion facet making it look like there are a couple of dozen crystals. And believe me, you and she will see it. Pass on the reflector and get another diamond. You can get it from the same vendor, just don't get that one.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I must be getting old. Even in the enlarged SuperbCert photo I don't see an inclusion reflector pattern.

Barry must be getting old too, stocking reflectors.

marv117

Rough_Rock
He may be referring to the hearts&arrows image below.

572.jpg

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If I may add my .02c. While the stone may be an I1 clarity I can testify to you that in excellent cut quality stones the inclusions are more easily masked by the fire & scintillation in direct light conditions. Inclusions that are reflectors are generally those that are located down towards the culet of the diamond. Not my intent to disagree with Bob but the inclusion in that stone looks closer to the table than it does the culet and it shouldn't be reflecting within the diamond so bad. Only Barry can answer that one for you for sure. What you may want to do if this size for the budget is appealing to you is to have the stone shipped to you, if you like it keep it. If you don't like it, don't keep it. It may be worth giving a shot.

Rhino

marv117

Rough_Rock
I may actually investigate further. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think superbcert has an office in nyc which I am willing to visit since I am in central New Jersey. Manhattan is only a 30min train ride for me. I definitely would like to see the stone in person and compare it with other stones in their stock.

Rhino...I wish you had an office in manhattan. It would be so much more easier for me to visit you if you did. I know Long Island is not much further but there aren't really any public transportation to your area. I can drive there but if I'm gonna make more than one visit it would be too much traveling especially with my hectic schedule. About my budget, I am looking to spend no more than $5k and size will come first before the quality but ofcourse to a certain extent
10.gif

Anyway, so far so good with this stone.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very smart idea going to see it Marv. That will cinch it for you whether you'll be happy with it or not. With regards to public transportation to Long Island, the LIRR stops 15 minutes away from our store and is easily accessible from Penn Station NY. In your budget range, if you're looking to get that size, that's one of your best bets though as we don't have any I1's here in that size/price range. We generally limit our spending to Si1's and higher although we'll occasionally purchase some SI2's and an I1 now and then. Depends on the stone.

Good luck,

Rhino

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
To me it looks like an awesome bluff stone! The inclusions won't be that noticeable in real life, and with such a great cut, I don't think many people will notice it!
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/28/2003 2:08:02 AM marv117 wrote:

About my budget, I am looking to spend no more than $5k and size will come first before the quality but ofcourse to a certain extent
10.gif

Anyway, so far so good with this stone.----------------

I applaud you for "thinking outside the box" of PS. I like your thinking.

I agree w/ the others - see the stone. The little gem inside is also an identifying feature.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
The H&A photo showing a reflector pattern is a face down photo. The H&A face up photo looks fine.

My gut instinct is that this is a great looking stone, Marv.

marv117

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 9/28/2003 2:45:39 PM Richard Sherwood wrote:

The H&A photo showing a reflector pattern is a face down photo. The H&A face up photo looks fine.

My gut instinct is that this is a great looking stone, Marv.

----------------

Thanks Rich. This stone has been available for a while now. You think people have stayed away from this stone because the inclusion is near the center?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
You think people have stayed away from this stone
because the inclusion is near the center?
-----------

I1 clarity stones on the internet don't tend to move as fast as the SI/VS stones because people aren't looking right at them to see how good they are or aren't.

Most people are looking for stones which are eyeclean, and consequently dismiss an I1 stone when browsing the lists.

Barry likes to stock top I1 stones that are "near eyeclean" because they have a great look at a bargain price. I suspect that's what you've got here.

barry

Shiny_Rock
Marv;

Be very happy to have you visit with us in our showroom here in NYC.

Don't pay attention to what I say, call for an appt. and let your eyes decide.

Barry
www.superbcert.com

marv117

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the invite Barry. I am definitely considering calling for an appointment. If anything, it may be within this month.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results