shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Upgrade. Advice?

IceIceLady

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
My husband and I are trying to decide between these two stones from my ER upgrade.

My current stone is a .718 ACA I SI1.

Option 1: The stone we have on hold is a 1.104 ACA I VS2.

The other stone is a 1.265 ACA I SI1.

When my husband talked to our SA she said that there in an inclusion that is visible in the 1.265 if you are looking for it. However, when I look at the pics/video I don’t see anything obvious? Am I missing something with this diamond?

Any general help/opinions are greatly appreciated. What diamond would you pick between the two? This is probably going to be my one and only upgrade so I want to make sure we are making the best choice. Thank you!

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,
My husband and I are trying to decide between these two stones from my ER upgrade.

My current stone is a .718 ACA I SI1.

Option 1: The stone we have on hold is a 1.104 ACA I VS2.

The other stone is a 1.265 ACA I SI1.

When my husband talked to our SA she said that there in an inclusion that is visible in the 1.265 if you are looking for it. However, when I look at the pics/video I don’t see anything obvious? Am I missing something with this diamond?

Any general help/opinions are greatly appreciated. What diamond would you pick between the two? This is probably going to be my one and only upgrade so I want to make sure we are making the best choice. Thank you!

I “think” this is the feather inclusion that’s probably making it not be eye clean. Ask if it could be mostly hidden by a prong. If this is a one and done upgrade, I’d want the biggest I could get :) 24D2A292-8991-4E6E-A1FE-841260CFD890.jpeg

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like the SI1. The inclusions are less noticeable than the VS2.

IceIceLady

Rough_Rock
I “think” this is the feather inclusion that’s probably making it not be eye clean. Ask if it could be mostly hidden by a prong. If this is a one and done upgrade, I’d want the biggest I could get :) 24D2A292-8991-4E6E-A1FE-841260CFD890.jpeg

Thank you! If that is the noticeable inclusion then I would prefer the larger stone as well. :D

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I think the 1.26 looks beautiful and I would definitely go bigger.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
If you can hide the inclusion on the side with prong, I think the 1.2 Si1 would be good choice. My studs are Si1, while I can’t see inclusion with naked eye, I can see 1 of it kind of hazy while I zoom in for pictures and its not pretty in a zoomed picture. The inclusion of that particular stone in WF video does look kind of horrible too :lol: other Si1s that I saw are really eyeclean, can’t see anything even with zoom. I think this 1.2 Si1 belong to the later. And why do I keep that stone? Because the light return is really really crazily good.:lol:

if you wonder what kind of Si1 will look kind of hazy while its zoomed in, you can see it doesn’t have a clean table in the video.

IceIceLady

Rough_Rock
If you can hide the inclusion on the side with prong, I think the 1.2 Si1 would be good choice. My studs are Si1, while I can’t see inclusion with naked eye, I can see 1 of it kind of hazy while I zoom in for pictures and its not pretty in a zoomed picture. The inclusion of that particular stone in WF video does look kind of horrible too :lol: other Si1s that I saw are really eyeclean, can’t see anything even with zoom. I think this 1.2 Si1 belong to the later. And why do I keep that stone? Because the light return is really really crazily good.:lol:

if you wonder what kind of Si1 will look kind of hazy while its zoomed in, you can see it doesn’t have a clean table in the video.

This was so helpful. Thank you. My original diamond is a SI1 with inclusions in the table and I can’t see them with my naked eye. I was worried I would be able to tell with a bigger stone but it seems like since the inclusion isn’t in the table the 1.2 is a good choice.

And I agree, light return is really what we are all after. Lol! ;)2

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
@scolpitts I can’t even see it in 2.88ct :lol: I tried to take zoomed pictures today but it appears “clean” and not hazy today

IceIceLady

Rough_Rock
Thank you to everyone who replied to my post. I spoke with my SA, she pulled the diamond and said it was beautiful and no inclusion was visible to her. I went ahead and switched to the 1.2! I am so thrilled. Thank you again to everyone for all the help! :love:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spent a little time reviewing both videos & also searching for you a possible alternate.

I prefer the 1.265 for fire performance, but to my eyes it looks more hazy than the I-VS2 in the video. I tried to capture in a side by side video to show what I mean.

Thing is, these videos are zoomed when they are uploaded. My guess is both stones look great to the naked eye with no magnification. I would just want someone to verify this.

Also, I agree with @Txborn79 about seeing if you can put a prong over that feather to help cover it. It's there. I don't know if you will see with the naked eye. Depends on your pickiness & visual acuity.

InkedCapture4_LI.jpg

Here is an alternate I found. But it may be too expensive as it's $800 over the 1.265. The advantage is you go to a GIA H color. Because of the GIA certification and a little extra green on the edge of the stone at roughly 6 o'clock, it's part of their Premium Select (PS) series, as opposed to ACA. They still trade the same way.

IceIceLady

Rough_Rock
Spent a little time reviewing both videos & also searching for you a possible alternate.

I prefer the 1.265 for fire performance, but to my eyes it looks more hazy than the I-VS2 in the video. I tried to capture in a side by side video to show what I mean.

Thing is, these videos are zoomed when they are uploaded. My guess is both stones look great to the naked eye with no magnification. I would just want someone to verify this.

Also, I agree with @Txborn79 about seeing if you can put a prong over that feather to help cover it. It's there. I don't know if you will see with the naked eye. Depends on your pickiness & visual acuity.

InkedCapture4_LI.jpg

Here is an alternate I found. But it may be too expensive as it's $800 over the 1.265. The advantage is you go to a GIA H color. Because of the GIA certification and a little extra green on the edge of the stone at roughly 6 o'clock, it's part of their Premium Select (PS) series, as opposed to ACA. They still trade the same way.

Thank you so much for taking the time to research this for me. It is much appreciated and am learning so much.

I did have my SA pull the diamond and assess. She said the diamond did not have any visible inclusions at 10 or 6 inches from the top or the side. She said it was a beautiful stone and had no hesitations recommending it.

Thank you again for your reply! =)2

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic news @scolpitts. Very excited for you. Love the proportions, it's a sparkle bomb!

IceIceLady

Rough_Rock
@sledge Thank you again! I will post an update with pictures once I receive my upgrade!

IceIceLady

Rough_Rock
@sledge I ended up buying the 1.2 but I can’t get over the haziness that I am seeing in that video. I found two other stones that are a little smaller but are a VS1 & VS2. Do you mind giving me your opinion?

Any other PSers advice is welcome as well! =)2

Last edited:

DiamondGal28

Rough_Rock
@scolpitts - I was just about to post the 1.17 ACA and realized you have it linked about. That one looks lovely and eye-clean.

IceIceLady

Rough_Rock
Quick update... I think I have decided to switch to the 1.17 I VS2. For me, the size difference is not worth the lower clarity/haziness in the 1.265 I SI1. Thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way! :D

IceIceLady

Rough_Rock
I spoke with my SA yesterday (Michelle has been fantastic and so helpful btw) about the haziness in the 1.265 video. She assured me that the stone is crisp and not hazy at all. But she sent a video comparing the 1.17 and 1.265 so I can be sure. I still like the VS2 knowing that it is a cleaner stone but wanted to know what you all thought. Thanks again for all the help and guidance.

Last edited:

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Quick update... I think I have decided to switch to the 1.17 I VS2. For me, the size difference is not worth the lower clarity/haziness in the 1.265 I SI1. Thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way! :D
Those are sincerely both really beautiful. Personally I would choose the stone that is on video left

The one of the left seems a tad....crisper? Regardless, I think there's value in having a mind clean stone. Even though the 1.26 may not look hazy to the SA, do you think you'd be constantly looking for haziness still?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I also like the one on the left. I watched it without knowing which was which and my eye immediately went to the left one. It just feels right !

IceIceLady

Rough_Rock
The one of the left seems a tad....crisper? Regardless, I think there's value in having a mind clean stone. Even though the 1.26 may not look hazy to the SA, do you think you'd be constantly looking for haziness still?

Yes! I’m glad you can see that too! I agree, there is value in a mind clean stone. I know I would be constantly looking for haziness in the 1.2. With the 1.17 there is no question that it’s “clean”.

IceIceLady

Rough_Rock
I also like the one on the left. I watched it without knowing which was which and my eye immediately went to the left one. It just feels right !

I love that! It does just feel right!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just catching back up w/ this thread.

Sorry for my post #12 above where I pointed out the haziness of the 1.265. I feel those comments caused you some turmoil, and that wasn't my intent.

That said, the 1.17 looks solid and your heart seems to be happy now. I'm glad it worked out and can't wait to see pics of the final product!

IceIceLady

Rough_Rock
Just catching back up w/ this thread.

Sorry for my post #12 above where I pointed out the haziness of the 1.265. I feel those comments caused you some turmoil, and that wasn't my intent.

That said, the 1.17 looks solid and your heart seems to be happy now. I'm glad it worked out and can't wait to see pics of the final product!

No apologies necessary! I’m so glad you said something. I always felt something was a little “off” with the 1.2 and I think that was why. I can’t wait to see the finished product! Thank you again for all of your help!

WDWDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Hi all. I am previous user IceIceLady (forgot my password). I picked up my new upgrade and wanted to update this thread. The diamond is absolutely stunning. Thanks again to everyone that has helped me along the way and special thanks to the whole team at Whiteflash.
4A669B0D-6694-420F-9C15-E9B8D176C2D3.jpeg 334CEDD8-0E12-440D-A9D3-F455A0A529E3.jpeg 547BF0EE-D39C-4180-ACD0-032E46C1B6EF.jpeg E5B7F6B3-80E0-4BB9-AC80-424B3B6C3759.jpeg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results